lol just because ToP has incredible bad Power Scaling, it doesn't mean it's worse than GT.

Zamasu arc craps on everything GT did even though it had lame ending and I like GT to a degree.

but anyway, defensive and offensive theory is lame if you ask me.

like, one will be dodging Jiren while the other will hit him and get clobbered because he cannot dodge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the idea is that they would fuse and Gogeta/Vegito would have access to both types of UI. I agree it seems silly though. But I made my preference clear, I want Vegeta to progress on the Saiyan transformations as a matter of Saiyan pride (so SSB2 and possibly in a future arc, SSB3?) while Goku as the ultimate fighter should progress on UI and learn the techniques of the Gods.
    Gogeta would have been cool but we got a Fusion in a previous arc... and this one.

the part with Vegeta I wholeheartedly agree.

plus, UI Vegito or Gogeta would have been overkill IMO.

I wish I could hate this episode and continue to be the usual cynic, but this episode was pretty good. The animation was good to great, Vegeta hitting Jiren wasn't incredibly forced, and we got everyone left fighting a little. My only real qualm with it is the 3 - 4 minutes of nothing hapening in the beginning. I fully understand that you have to build atmosphere and tension, and also fill up some time, but the only thing that happened was them sitting closer together. That was a bit too much tension building.

After that the episode lived up to what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Gogeta would have been cool but we got a Fusion in a previous arc... and this one.

the part with Vegeta I wholeheartedly agree.
    There being a fusion previously in this arc and the arc before it doesn't mean anything. At the very least attempting the dance, but failing due to interruptions, would at least have showed they tried and the dance can't be done. That alone makes us go "oh, yeah it's sort of difficult to do when you have people trying to beat you down" and makes us drop it, but here it's "What's the fusion dance?" I get Vegeta and Goku want to prove themselves and that they didn't want to use the earrings, but the lack of dance in this entire arc is a missed opportunity.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    power scaling wasn't complete shit

the characters remained true to their personalities

there was no god crap

it canonized some movie characters, which is good for the universe

the process involved with transforming to ss4 was more in tune with saiyan nature and identity than god mode

it somewhat fleshed out the universe, gave an almost star wars vibe, which is wonderful

uub was an interesting character, and so was baby and several others.
    lol, we seem the same GT?
    the one with a bio cyborg at the level of kid bu?
    with goku ssj that can joke against this kid bu level random bio cyborg?
    or goku ssj4 that cant lift a tower? when he moved enormous rock at 12?
    or where goku is random savior of earth n 2549793, where he doesnt fight for himself and doesnt train a single time other than the first episode? basically all what toriyama self despised in all the old movies and anime?
    if there is anything out of character in the db franchise is fucking GT goku, damn he is so bad that is unbelievable even for toei standard

Deleted
    One fun thing to notice is that Omega Shenron "titles" himself as a god of destruction in Dragon ball GT, mind that this was years before Super, perhaps he was a part of the 0 or 13 universe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Back ta waitin!

15+ Year Old Account
    So seems ep 124 is totaly centered around Gohan, cant wait!
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Watched 122.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Vegeta didn't just instantly learn UI 'just 'cause. I mean, how he powered up out of nowhere to make Gods of Death worried was a bit...abnormal...but it's okay.

And it seems like Jiren wasn't using his full power, which is why Vegeta got those two hits in and actually hurt him. Which is retarded writing, but I fucking guess makes sense.

Frieza is getting raped by rabbit. Android 18 and Gohan should be getting rekt by Toppo.

That whole episode was one minute. Okay.............................................................

(Watching the preview because you nerds can't contain yourselves.)
    >Vegeta awakens beyond the power of super saiyan blue.
    What.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    (Watching the preview because you nerds can't contain yourselves.)
    >Vegeta awakens beyond the power of super saiyan blue.
    What.
    "You might call this Super Saiyan Blue 2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    One fun thing to notice is that Omega Shenron "titles" himself as a god of destruction in Dragon ball GT, mind that this was years before Super, perhaps he was a part of the 0 or 13 universe?
    Back in the day, God of Destruction just mean't you're a Destroyer of shit...

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    So seems ep 124 is totaly centered around Gohan, cant wait!
    yeah, me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Question for people who seen both DBZ and DB Kai....

I just got done with Dragonball, and I have watched DBZ in the past.

I want to watch canonical up to DB Super, should I do DBZ or the shorter Kai?
    Stop watching. Read the manga. Its better, faster, an canon. Unlike super
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

read DBZ manga.

it doesn't have filler and it's faster.

Question for people who seen both DBZ and DB Kai....

I just got done with Dragonball, and I have watched DBZ in the past.

Dragonball Kai is the fillerless version of the series. "Read the manga" is basically "Watch Kai". Kai has also the plus side that the English dub script is closer to the original than DBZ ever was, so that adds to the authenticity (if dubs are your thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragonball Kai is the fillerless version of the series. "Read the manga" is basically "Watch Kai". Kai has also the plus side that the English dub script is closer to the original than DBZ ever was, so that adds to the authenticity (if dubs are your thing).
    no! read the manga is that. Reading the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a cannon version of the super anime, Not this fan crap we are getting now

So in the latest chapter of the DBS manga, Supreme Kai says there are 28 planets in the universe with living creatures on it. Doesn't that seem really low? Considering Frieza destroyed two, and had slaves/henchman from seemingly a lot of the others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So in the latest chapter of the DBS manga, Supreme Kai says there are 28 planets in the universe with living creatures on it. Doesn't that seem really low? Considering Frieza destroyed two, and had slaves/henchman from seemingly a lot of the others?
    Its also weird considering Freeza had planets that belonged to his empire with numbers up to like 79 and 400+.

It's a dumb plot point and I choose to believe that Supreme Kai was simply talking about planets that had races who could conceivably compete on the level of the Tournament of Power fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Its also weird considering Freeza had planets that belonged to his empire with numbers up to like 79 and 400+.
    Didn't baby Saiyans get sent to worlds to destroy the population? Seems like there'd be WAY more than 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's a dumb plot point and I choose to believe that Supreme Kai was simply talking about planets that had races who could conceivably compete on the level of the Tournament of Power fighters.
    No, sorry. Supreme Kai literally said "I didn't observe them [planets] from the perspective of fighting power". And Bulma yells at him and says this is why Universe 7 is weak.