10+ Year Old Account
    The anime is canon to the anime and the manga is canon to the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Akira wrote the bare bones script of what is happening and they both are making their version of it, They are both Cannon
    And if you call that Cannon, Then GT is also Cannon as Akira did write the script for that too, And designed Super Saiyan 4
    And Well AF used to be fanmade, But since Toyotaro now works directly under Akira and is supposed to "take up the mantle" when Akira retires and Heroes used his design for their Super Saiyan 4 Gohan, I think its safe to assume that is\will be Cannon too
    There is so much wrong in this post.

Akira did not write the script to GT, he was retired at that time and all he worked on was video game design, nor is SS4 his design it was designed by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. All Toriyama did was basic character design and some of the planets that they would visit in GT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    There is so much wrong in this post.

Akira did not write the script to GT, he was retired at that time and all he worked on was video game design, nor is SS4 his design it was designed by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. All Toriyama did was basic character design and some of the planets that they would visit in GT.
    -"Akira Toriyama is credited as author in the ending credits of Dragon Ball GT; he oversaw the series' production, this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z." (He worked as much on GT as he did DB and DBZ)
    -"Toriyama drew a promotional version of Super Saiyan 4 Goku exclusively for the Dragon Box GT." (And he drew the SS4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    -"Akira Toriyama is credited as author in the ending credits of Dragon Ball GT; he oversaw the series' production, this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z." (He worked as much on GT as he did DB and DBZ)
    -"Toriyama drew a promotional version of Super Saiyan 4 Goku exclusively for the Dragon Box GT." (And he drew the SS4)
    Just like how Gene Roddenberry is still credited in even the newest Star Trek, but he has been dead for decades?

Yeah he drew that picture, but he did not design the transformation...so basically you're saying anyone who draws a picture of any character ever made is a official artist of said character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you arguing so hard against so many people?

Here is the fact. Toriyama has written notes which are sent to Toyatoro and to Toei. Each side makes a story out of those notes that follows different directions but starts at A and ends at Z (did I just accidentally do a pun?). If you want to somehow define canon, then Toriyama's notes are the canon. The anime and the manga are alternative tellings of the same story. Each reaches the same conclusion. One isn't more right or wrong than the other. The functionality prior to Super is irrelevant. Super is its own thing done in its own way. Trying to "prove" that one is more right than the other is a waste of time. It's literally impossible to define a canon until Toriyama declares one to be the canon. And as already stated, he doesn't give a shit about the things that us fans give a shit about.

why people use words like canon, used for nothing more than americans comics, is beyond me.
    toriyama was pretty clear, these are all stories, continuity or not these are telled, so enjoy and that's all

10+ Year Old Account
    All this cannon talk is just stupid. Heck I like the multiverse comic and that is not cannon, does that make me not a bd fan? I also like the concept of SSJ4 that takes them back to their monkey roots, does that make me a bad fan? Why does something need to be cannon to be enjoyable? Fans these days just takes everything to seriously, just watch what you like and move past what you dont, you wont die because you didnt like it.

I don't care if something's canon or not. I care if it's fun. SSJ4 from GT was fun. Everything else from GT sucked. The SSJ God Forms in Super are fun. The Tournament of Power is fun. Zamasu isn't. SSB's looks are bland. Ultra Instinct's fucking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I don't care if something's canon or not. I care if it's fun. SSJ4 from GT was fun. Everything else from GT sucked. The SSJ God Forms in Super are fun. The Tournament of Power is fun. Zamasu isn't. SSB's looks are bland. Ultra Instinct's fucking amazing.
    yeah, some stuff I prefer in the manga (how Zamasu was beaten, GoD fight), some don't (portrayal of Black, Beerud, Whis and Hit in the manga is trash)

so there is nothing to discuss tbh. just arguing all over again.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-01-23 at 09:58 AM.

i do have to say, ultra instinct looks neat and i'm glad it's not a saiyan thing, but a general thing that anyone can access. like kaioken.

ultra instinct super saiyan 4 would be about the sickest looking thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i do have to say, ultra instinct looks neat and i'm glad it's not a saiyan thing, but a general thing that anyone can access. like kaioken.

ultra instinct super saiyan 4 would be about the sickest looking thing ever.
    The Fury and Pure rage of SSJ4 + The Calmness and Instinctive Ideals of Ultra Instinct= CRAZY POWERFUL!

Wouldn't be as insane as SSB + U.I however...

Though, with Super Ending, it's likely that Goku's final form is likely either the Mastered U.I, or Mastered U.I + Kaio-Ken for all we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you come into this thread to see people being sad about super being over in March.

People are arguing about what's canon and what isn't in dragonball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    People are arguing about what's canon and what isn't in dragonball.
    Even when the creators don't care about canon and the like, hardcore fans of any story dig into anything they can. They fight over what is canon. They fight over power levels. They debate why X character didn't use Y ability when they used Z ability instead. As an aspiring writer, I'm taking this into account with my stories. I want to have an answer to all my future fans' questions. But still, there are those like Toriyama who just don't give a fuck.

I still dont see how they can end super as close as possible with dbz ending, they should had just retcon the ending and be done with it, now with them been in a hurry they will butcher the end so hard, such potential with this series, such sad ending (im talking how disappointing this tournament was for me)

why do people still say it's ending?
    it's going on a hiatus cause we or atleast japan get a movie late this year
    I may agree to that super is ending but the series will go on (maybe with another name and not super like dragonball went to dragonball Z and the story still went on or in naruto's case it was called shippudden at some point)

this is bugging me more than it should -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    How I'd like to see the next few episodes play out:

Toppo eliminates 17 and Freeza with his true power, then goes to support Jiren.
    Goku and Vegeta are forced to split their efforts against the two, with Goku taking Toppo and Vegeta trying to hold his own against Jiren.
    Goku is pushed to Ultra Instinct to eliminate Toppo while Jiren overwhelms and eliminates Vegeta.
    Final clash between UI Goku and Jiren.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Even when the creators don't care about canon and the like, hardcore fans of any story dig into anything they can. They fight over what is canon. They fight over power levels. They debate why X character didn't use Y ability when they used Z ability instead. As an aspiring writer, I'm taking this into account with my stories. I want to have an answer to all my future fans' questions. But still, there are those like Toriyama who just don't give a fuck.
    That sounds like some tedious reading. Don't cater to that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I may agree to that super is ending but the series will go on (maybe with another name and not super like dragonball went to dragonball Z and the story still went on or in naruto's case it was called shippudden at some point)

I'm assuming it's ending like a television season. Why people think it's permanently ending is beyond me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post

The show stops airing, so this run is ending. They have not announced any concrete contiunation besides the new movie.