10+ Year Old Account
    thank you aidam, that def helps a lot

also yeah adult goten is yamcha

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 04:40 AM ----------

So, I had an interesting idea. Does anyone have any friends that haven't seen DBZ? I ask, because I want to experiment on someone. Try to think of this from the perspective of someone that has never watched the series. Watch The History of Trunks before Trunks appears. It would fucking invert your perspective up until the point where Trunks finds Android 19's head.

Think about it. When someone normally watches DBZ for the first time, Trunks is this mysterious character when he first shows up and when he says that the Androids of the main timeline are different from the ones in his timeline the viewer is just as confused as the rest of the main characters. You're seeing things from their perspective. But, if you were to watch The History of Trunks first, you'd immediately recognize Trunks, but you wouldn't recognize Androids 19 and 20, and you'd have the same reaction as Trunks. You'd be seeing things from his perspective, immediately wondering why the Androids of this time are different.

I honestly want to know what kind of reaction a first time viewer would have to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I had an interesting idea. Does anyone have any friends that haven't seen DBZ? I ask, because I want to experiment on someone. Try to think of this from the perspective of someone that has never watched the series. Watch The History of Trunks before Trunks appears. It would fucking invert your perspective up until the point where Trunks finds Android 19's head.

Think about it. When someone normally watches DBZ for the first time, Trunks is this mysterious character when he first shows up and when he says that the Androids of the main timeline are different from the ones in his timeline the viewer is just as confused as the rest of the main characters. You're seeing things from their perspective. But, if you were to watch The History of Trunks first, you'd immediately recognize Trunks, but you wouldn't recognize Androids 19 and 20, and you'd have the same reaction as Trunks. You'd be seeing things from his perspective, immediately wondering why the Androids of this time are different.

I honestly want to know what kind of reaction a first time viewer would have to that.
    I imagine they would be quite surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this online. Not sure if it's correct or not, but I'm sure someone is working on this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S15KfEjZaCU

English subbed trailer for DBZ:BOG
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    im back from the home of infinite losers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    im back from the home of infinite losers
    I'm ashamed that it took me more than five seconds to remember what that was. And what did you do to the blood fountain?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ate it

with pepper

It's nice how big this thread has become, I wonder if we'll ever get a new dragon ball series or maybe a remake of GT so there's something more to discuss. I was also thinking the other day, Google should make a Scouter version of their google glasses, with a modern touch but definitely recognisable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I wonder though, how would the tournament fights in the Buu saga would have worked out if everything went on as usual?

Goku vs Vegeta:

They would blow up the freaking ring and Vegeta might accidently kill people I am sure, shit would go crazy but I don't know if Goku would hold back his SSJ3 or not since he didn't know yet that Vegeta held a grudge. If not, Vegeta would get his ass handed to him.

Yamu vs Jewel: Pretty safe to say Yamu would beat the shit out of this pretty boy.

Krillin Vs Pintar: We got to see it, 1 hit KO win for Krillin as expected.

Piccolo vs Shin: Not sure actually because they both are equally strong in my mind, both are still nothing in front of the Saiyans.

Spopovich Vs Videl: She got her ass beat because of Majin powers, otherwise she actually did pretty well.

Gohan vs Kibito: Kibito would get his ass beat of course.

Killah vs Mighty Mask (Trunks and Goten in disguise): Ass whooping of course.

Did I forget anything?

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 03:54 AM ----------

I wonder though, how would the tournament fights in the Buu saga would have worked out if everything went on as usual?

Goku vs Vegeta:

They would blow up the freaking ring and Vegeta might accidently kill people I am sure, shit would go crazy but I don't know if Goku would hold back his SSJ3 or not since he didn't know yet that Vegeta held a grudge. If not, Vegeta would get his ass handed to him.

Yamu vs Jewel: Pretty safe to say Yamu would beat the shit out of this pretty boy.

Piccolo vs Shin: Not sure actually because they both are equally strong in my mind, both are still nothing in front of the Saiyans.

Spopovich Vs Videl: She got her ass beat because of Majin powers, otherwise she actually did pretty well.

18 VS Satan: Got promised the prize money+ bonus when she agreed to lose on purpose, otherwise an asswhooping as expected.

Did I forget anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post

Goku vs Vegeta:

Did I forget anything?
    I'm assuming the no Super Saiyan rule they made before the tournament is void.

Round One

-Krillin def Pintar (duh)
    -S. Kai def Piccolo
    -Spopovich def Videl
    -Gohan def Kibito
    -18 def Hercule (by now, Satan realizes he's f*cked, and even if 18 lets him past, he needs to beat the others. He'd probably take the loss to 18 and go with stomach cramps again)
    -Goku def Vegeta (W/o the Majin boost, Goku's SSJ2 form beats Vegeta's. I think Goku would use SSJ3 if he thought he was in real danger of losing, but that would hurt his chances later in the tournament due to reduced time and energy used)
    -Mighty Mask def Killah
    -Yamu def Jewel

Round Two

-S. Kai def Krillin
    -Gohan def Spopovich
    -Goku def 18
    -Mighty Mask def Yamu

Round Three

-Gohan def S. Kai
    -Goku def Mighty Mask

Final Round

Depends how much energy Goku and Gohan used before this fight. At this point, Goku is stronger than Gohan, but Goku will have fought SS2 Vegeta, 18 and SS Mighty Mask. Gohan has fought Kibito (stated as equal to Gohan's base form by Daizenshuu), Spopovich (Gohan's only danger here is not getting DQed for killing after what Spop did to Videl), and S. Kai, who is probably a bit stronger than Kibito, but not by much.

The Winner: Chi Chi. She gets the first and second place prize money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been funny if Gohan ended up fighting Videl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It would have been funny if Gohan ended up fighting Videl.
    It would end like Goku vs. Chi Chi in original Dragonball

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It would end like Goku vs. Chi Chi in original Dragonball
    At least Gohan would remember her name (I hope, or else that would be really awkward).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    At least Gohan would remember her name (I hope, or else that would be really awkward).
    yay were married!!! WHATS UR NAME AGAIN!

Deleted
    You know I just started watching Dragonball and I still can't believe Bulma was willing to kill a child. Luckily Goku resisted the bullets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    You know I just started watching Dragonball and I still can't believe Bulma was willing to kill a child. Luckily Goku resisted the bullets.
    Is that after she found out he touched her vajingo while she was sleeping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that after she found out he touched her vajingo while she was sleeping?
    No, that's when they met. :P

Still it baffles me one wants to kill a kid like that.