Deleted

Majordomo HC 10m - to bolt or to bolt...

...if I may say so.

Anyway, we've had few attempts on Majordomo HC last evening (though more for the heck of it as we were 3/10 PuG), but I've seen how the fight goes and I've also seen I suck at it

Out of 4 or so tries, I only got decent DPS once (33k I call decent, even though it's not *good*, I know).

My problem is...

The cat phase. So I watch the cat's energy and start running when it's close to the leap to put the circle further away and not get hit by it to not lose the buff. But as far as first 3 or so cats are cool (we did 9 per phase), later I'm beginning to have serious trouble with keeping the SE up and casting shadowbolts at all. Sometimes it's even hard to squeeze Haunt in when the energy raises to fast that by the time cat's back from his jump (let's say he jumped either on me - longer running away. Or on someone at the other edge of the platform) his energy is almost full and I can't cast, I gotta run just in case he was jumping on me.

I tried standing still to finish the cast of at least 1 spell. In these cases and sadly he did jump on me, I got hit by the edge of the circle, lost the buff, GG. Other cases I just kept bolting away but then even with the buff, the DMG was just sad.

I played Affliction. Over 30% haste and all that, but I just don't know a way to do this efficiently, and I'd like to know how to next time we go there for some serious attempts.

Do you have some hints? Gimmicks? A way to know earlier on where will he jump so that I didn't need to move during each and every jump to be safe?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that moving ahead of time IS the answer. You can see who he's targeting when he starts the jump so you can stop moving a split second earlier. That's about it.

well, from my experience, 9 stacks in cat is way too much, he'll regen energy faster than you can dps, you'll prolly just end up loosing the buff on a lot of people going so high. my guild goes to 7, and turn him into a scorpion again, ofcus without him doing any cleave in that phase. just make sure you are max range when he's in cat form, our ranged dps had issues with moving fast enough when they were close, so the melee could do more dps... but they just kept loosing their stacks, till we sent them max range :3

Deleted
    Hm. So it's better to do 7 stacks and never any cleaves on scorpion?

We did it somehow like:

s0-c9-s3-c9-s2-c4(orbs) and then we wiped and decided DPS was way below the needed (he was at around 6x% so it was going way too slow).

I've heard some people leave 2 ranged away at scorpio so they don't lose the buff too, but we haven't tried it.

<OT> argh, too many posts, my Warlord's gone in favor of "the patient". QQ. xD

Focus target Majordomo and when his jump energy is ready look at who he is targeting and start moving away. Also 9 is too many kitty stacks try just 6-7. You could try leaving 1-2 of your best dps out for the first scorpion phase because that is when the flame sycthes will be the easiest to manage with your healers. It really is dependent on your raid comp set up to decide how many raid cooldowns are available and to see how many sycthes you can handle. During the later scorpion phases you might not have the luxury of keeping people outside, but if you can then do it.

Yea I would recommend lowering the stacks your group takes. We also take 7. When he starts getting to 8 or so he doesn't even have time to run back before he jumps again which is a loss for everyone.

Put your Demon Gate in the middle of the room before you pull. Demon Gate when he targets you if it's not on cd. That's one way to keep the buff and increase dps time on the boss. Shadowflame as you run out too. Have to be fast to run out in the later jumps though.

Deleted
    Above poster is right about using portals, except I would put it at ranged.
    That way you can keep bolting until he actually leaps for you, you'll have "plenty" of time to port out, keep dpsing without having to run back to range and from there on you could switch to moving before the leaps till your teleport comes off cd again.

There isn't much time to hug, try having your raid move closer around the 6th or 7th leap, and then move in as soon as the timer runs out.

Make sure you cast haunt even when you can't cast shadowbolt, everything else can be refreshed while running.

We do 7 per phase - in both 10h and 25h - not sure if you would be able to survive / react to 9 fast enough?

In any case, put your portal under the tank. You never need to be moving prior to jump unless your portal is already on cooldown - and if it is, you need to be >30 yards away or you won't make it far enough. Binding soulburn to portal is worth it to get you back out to dps faster (early jumps) and get you out before he recharges (later jumps). You shouldn't ever run out of shards over a fight - at least I have never got that unlucky, so I haven't tested if the cats will give shards on death.

Deleted
    To quickly answer one thing - we did actually survive 9 cats without issues (well aside of the low raid DPS issue). But I forwarded the 7 cats motion and it's been approved. Thanks for that one.

I always have my portal in the middle to jump right there when the last cat has been fired and when I need to get back after the seed explodes, but I guess I could try setting it on the side, while still ranged so that I would spare myself some running. It could more valuable on HC when scorpio phase isn't my "better DPS" time.

Thank you for all of your hints, I shall try for an improvement. But if someone has something more to add I welcome it.

If you don't have an audible / visual alert for 'boss is targetting me and bad stuff gona happen' - you can do an alert in powa for unittarget "boss1target/player" (I think that is the syntax, its pretty simple to figure out from the hover tooltip anyway) - I find it handly for my freakout-portal reactions

I find it worse when it is the guy next to you doesn't have /s alerts ;(

I find it worse when it is the guy next to you doesn't have /s alerts ;(
    ^This^

/10char

With 7 jumps you shouldn't have too much trouble getting your casts in and you won't be forcing phase changes a lot quicker either.

I would keep your portal in the middle. You can still use it to escape from leaps, put it in a stopcasting macro so you can escape immediately and be ready to move back out after you portal, that way you can be stood still 90% of the time, you'll only have to move if it jumps on you. If you don't get leaped on you can use it for stacking in the middle.

I would also recommend the portal glyph for the reduced cooldown. It isn't a huge deal, but it can definately help having your portal up a few seconds earlier and it's not like you have anything else to glyph on that fight.

You guys are making this way harder than it needs to be. If your dps is good which it seem it is then you should be able to move in and spread out before he does any cleaves or jumps. Then you assign lower dps to take orbs to loose the buff and its really so simple, it is a little longer fight this way but you can 2 heal it and then have more dps.

This is for all caster outside, just pre run at 80 energy and don't run on top of someone else.
    100% chance you cna avoid it. Hand of Protection before the seeds spawn = no seed on you.
    Teleport is your best friend, demo leap works also.

But it is so easy to avoid the leap with whatever class you are, I do 6 on main guild. and 7/0/7/0/7 on alt 10/25 hc.
    The 10 men we used everyone to soak since dps is a joke on 10 men, on 25 we use paladins mages to soak.

Drain Life!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Drain Life!
    This makes no sense as all damage is avoidable with the exception of seeds (which if your bubbled won't go on you) and orbs (if your on them).

Deleted
    Why would I drain life when my DPS is the problem? >

We always do 4 slashs in scorp at the start ( me ( affi lock ) sp and mm hunter are out ) , and then we keep up the fight with using 7 jumps each time , so that its not a jump nearly every few sec.