Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigopwnsyou View Post
    Yah naruto fillers add a lot to the main story though.
    Bleach fillers are just thrown in on a whim. Bleach really is just poorly written, fillers and all. Yet its still a great show.
    Not sure about Shippuden, but the original Naruto had some of the worst and pointless fillers I have ever seen. Bleach's fillers at least have an ongoing storyline for the most part. My biggest problem with the Bleach fillers is that they just toss them in whenever they feel like it, sometimes in the middle of an ongoing Arc.

I still say One Piece > all three. Fillers and all.

Idk, I dont see as naruto fillers were pointless myself.
    There really isnt even much filler to it, as the missions are needed to develop the plot that Naruto Shippuden uses.

I also cant really think of any major plot holes, or under developed chars in naruto as other posters mentioned.
    That's how I see it, Naruto fillers usually at least have character development or you learn something about the story, but Bleach fillers are just random stories that don't really have to do with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    N.A.R.U.T.O. !! (Shippuden that is, original is meh).

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Not sure about Shippuden, but the original Naruto had some of the worst and pointless fillers I have ever seen. Bleach's fillers at least have an ongoing storyline for the most part. My biggest problem with the Bleach fillers is that they just toss them in whenever they feel like it, sometimes in the middle of an ongoing Arc.

I still say One Piece > all three. Fillers and all.
    Naruto tends to have fillers crammed in at the end of arcs, while bleach has whole arcs which are fillers... Both are very annoying.

One Piece has a mixture of both... (his childhood memories with ace, and the fillers now, just before they regroup). Although, I do think that the arcs do tend to be better in One Piece, as they generally have a whole arc dedicated into a person joining Luffy's crew (looking at you, water 7!).

Out of those 3 you have chosen... It's probably best to just watch all 3 either way, so just pick which comes alphabetically first... (Bleach) - Or perhaps the shortest (Dragon Ball).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Bleach > Naruto > Dragonball.

In that list? bleach and naruto over dragonball.

If i could add one to the list, it would be Code Geass. Wish there was more than 2 seasons

I would say out of those three

Bleach
    Naruto
    DBZ

But all to me are really god i like Bleach becuase it reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho tho idk if i should reward them for that or punish for lack of inovation lol. They are so close it comes down to the weakest points and that would be filler. Bleach filler is no where near as horrible as Naruto or DBZ filler so the edge to me goes to Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That's how I see it, Naruto fillers usually at least have character development or you learn something about the story, but Bleach fillers are just random stories that don't really have to do with anything.
    There are a handful of Naruto fillers out there, maybe a couple episodes...like 2 or 3 had nothing to do with the story.
    All the missions are needed to develop the chars, and the plot that Naruto Shippuden uses.

I also cant really think of any major plot holes, or under developed chars in naruto as other posters mentioned.

Bleach on the other hand is the exact opposite.
    Plot holes, under developed chars, and filler scattered randomly everywhere.

Isn't Bleach just filler from now on?

Gonna have to say ... I'm a pretty manly man but ... Gungrave made me cry "Let's go home Brandon." *Double Shot* T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Naruto tends to have fillers crammed in at the end of arcs, while bleach has whole arcs which are fillers... Both are very annoying.

One Piece has a mixture of both... (his childhood memories with ace, and the fillers now, just before they regroup). Although, I do think that the arcs do tend to be better in One Piece, as they generally have a whole arc dedicated into a person joining Luffy's crew (looking at you, water 7!).

Out of those 3 you have chosen... It's probably best to just watch all 3 either way, so just pick which comes alphabetically first... (Bleach) - Or perhaps the shortest (Dragon Ball).
    The Luffy/Ace/Sabo stuff was not filler, it was right out of the manga and will be very important when Luffy eventually runs into Sabo again in the New World. And the current fillers are really just extended versions of the one panel stories from the manga showing what the rest of the crew was up to during the War of the Best and the time skip.

As for Naruto's fillers, I am guessing most people here who say they are better the Bleach's are forgetting the damn near 100 episodes of fillers leading up to Shippuden. That crap was just terrible.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vatrak View Post
    In that list? bleach and naruto over dragonball.

If i could add one to the list, it would be Code Geass. Wish there was more than 2 seasons
    That is really like comparing apples and oranges. It is like saying "Ghostbusters is a good movie, but The Godfather is way better." Anime is a medium, not a genre. This thread is talking about a specific genre of anime referred to as shounen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Not that I've heard. And the episode that ended the Arrancar arc seemed to leave it open for a new season.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-09-13 at 04:04 AM.

No the anime caught up with the manga which is now on a new short arc before going on to a bigger one. I would say the anime will switch back to cannon by dec or jan then be back on filler next summer until it lets the manga get more ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    So true. Even the manga feels like filler now. I read that the author wanted to end it with Aizen's defeat but the publisher talked him into continuing it.

As for Naruto's fillers, I am guessing most people here who say they are better the Bleach's are forgetting the damn near 100 episodes of fillers leading up to Shippuden. That crap was just terrible.
    Again, thats not filler, that is part of the story.
    Naruto actually develops the characters within the story, not just throw them in randomly like bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by vatrak View Post
    great series the ending still gets me everytime i watch the series even after 5 or 6 times though. They are currently making a 3rd season however its based off a different time frame within the same world. IIRC its about C2 and when she got her powers or her life or something just previous so no lu lu

And of the 3 listed I'd have to say naruto was best. The bounto arc in bleach just killed it for me.

Edit: I found the season 3 info which seems very irrelevant at this point but oh well
    The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named “Reifū C.C.” C.C. has appeared in Japan’s historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.
    Last edited by Ricecooker; 2011-09-13 at 04:12 AM.

Naruto actually develops the characters within the story, not just throw them in randomly like bleach.
    If its not in the manga its filler :/

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So true. Even the manga feels like filler now. I read that the author wanted to end it with Aizen's defeat but the publisher talked him into continuing it.
    Well the author said he plans for it to go on for ten more years so not sure if he was talked into it our not much like the author for DBZ was when we wanted to end it with Freiza.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think you know what filler means. Filler is anything that was not apart of the source material, i.e. the manga. All that at the end of the first series was filler. It did not move the plot forward is any way and could be totally skipped and would not change the story. Sure, it might have put some of the various characters together that did not get alot of screen time together otherwise, but after it was over the characters were not changed in any way.

Bleach > Naruto > Dragonball Z

Honestly don't know why OP didn't make a poll but meh.

I honestly can't stand the naruto fillers they bore me to death and although fillers make little references to the main story they seem to be completely random. The worst thing for me though regarding naruto fillers is the fact the quality of them is so terrible, they have hardly any storyline and the quality of the animation is aweful.

The only reason I don't mind the bleach fillers is because they put the effort in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gintama > Naruto > Dragonball > Bleach