Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Your questions also were; "What do you guys think? What would you change?"
    someone must have edited my post

10+ Year Old Account
    when you edit a post it says so, when and by whom, as idicated on post 16: Last edited by nbm02ss; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    4gb is fine, 8gb is optimal for all round use and 16gb is pointless, totally pointless, in a gaming rig.
    16 GB is far from pointless.

I run alot of programs in the background while I am gaming. Streaming/recording programs, music, pretty much always have my browser open with a number of tabs, etc.
    If you play a game like All Points Bulletin, you will easily see a load of 8-10 GB of RAM in total.

Sure the game will run on only 4 GB of RAM, but with the current prices of RAM, why cheap out? :P
    I mean, buying another 8 GB only cost me 30 euros more.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    because in 4 month time when you need more ram, that 8 gig will only cost you 20 euro?

buy what you need (and then a bit) now, and get more if/when you need it when the prices have dropped even more

edit: if you need 16, by all means, but if you don't .. you don't, i've been running 8 gig with no swap file, no issues with needing more at all, but i have 2 more slots in my mobo i can put another 8 gig in, should the need ever arise, with regards ram and hard drives, you often find price per unit is coming down, so get what you need now and if you need more later, get it later cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    because in 4 month time when you need more ram, that 8 gig will only cost you 20 euro?

buy what you need (and then a bit) now, and get more if/when you need it when the prices have dropped even more

edit: if you need 16, by all means, but if you don't .. you don't, i've been running 8 gig with no swap file, no issues with needing more at all, but i have 2 more slots in my mobo i can put another 8 gig in, should the need ever arise, with regards ram and hard drives, you often find price per unit is coming down, so get what you need now and if you need more later, get it later cheaper
    This is valid. 8G is pretty much what I would reccomend. Yeah 4G will let you run just about anything out right now, however if you Alt-Tab out of the game or want to run soemthing else in the background, your going to have to "swap to disk" which is a sloooow operation. Having 8G (by filling two slots w/ 4G sticks so you have two free for expansion later) will allow you to avoid swaps and allow for things like FRAPS or livestreaming.

I build servers and high end workstations for a living and my home machine goes beyond what's needed in a gaming PC by a pretty far margin since I also run a few VM's and do FRAPS and XFire livestreams.

My current system: Core i7-920 @ 3.8ghz w/ Thermalright Ultra120 heatsink, EVGA X58 SLI3 motherboard,Dual EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked, 24GB (6x4G) Corsair DHX, Corsair Force3 240G SSD on LSI 9212 6 Gb/s Controller (I hit ~75k IOPS under benchmarks), 3 Seagate 1TB HDDs, and Corsair TX750 power supply. (I have an Antec P180 Case, which is probably the quietest and easiest case to keep maintained. I <3 Dust filters on intake fans.)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    when you edit a post it says so, when and by whom, as idicated on post 16: Last edited by nbm02ss; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.
    Not quite. It will do so if a certain amount of time passes or if someone posts after you. I edited this post with this sentence to show otherwise.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    If I wanted my case to look flashy I would buy alienware.I just want a case that all of that will fit in!
    I never suggested you pick either of those cases due to flash. I suggested them because they had good airflow especially the Antec one and the one you picked out doesn't. And I only tried to help because you asked for it in the original post. And I guess I won't bother helping anymore since you just act arrogant and snotty with every single person who tried to help YOU out. So yeah go head and use your CPU with no heatsink, just use your cases "coolers", as you say, and just see how that turns out for you.

And by the way, Alienware is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    someone must have edited my post
    lol no.

Anyways best of luck to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-system-requirements/ yes I know, not the official site, but the requirements were also released to system requirements lab website as well, but I can't seem to get that page to load atm, so there's the req's for all those that are saying "I don't think they're out yet"

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominouscloud View Post
    http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-system-requirements/ yes I know, not the official site, but the requirements were also released to system requirements lab website as well, but I can't seem to get that page to load atm, so there's the req's for all those that are saying "I don't think they're out yet"
    They're still not the official requirements. Try again.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard