Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    You pay to get in the door, not to go home with the hottest girl in the place. Some things you have to work for.
    That's my point! WoW is a fucking game, not a job! If I wanted to work, I'd get extra hours at my current employment! Weren't video games designed to be for recreational purposes, not be a soul draining full time commitment?

Quote Originally Posted by asphyx5 View Post
    Don't you mean "Would you rather 7 mouthfuls of bullshit or 15 mouthfuls of dogshit?

haha touché

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veth3ory View Post
    As usual - nothing asked about PvP and nothing mentioned about PvP. But "PvP is extremely important in WoW and we take it very seriously" - Right....gg
    no one cares about pvp. Blizzard was lying. I haven't pvp'd in months.

Nice storyline hopefully. Not sure it can live up to LK though.

"Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems."So how are PvP'ers supposed to get epic gems? Glad I quit this gay pve hero game.

Lol@Vezax 3.0. Is this serious? A 3rd rehash of Vezax? ow my god...
    And where is the 4.3 PTR?

So Blizzard is hesitant to make a legendary that is just for Warrior and Paladin tanks... but a Rogue-exclusive legendary is cool?

I love the idea of a rogue specific legendary quest line and personally I think a Warrior / Paladin legendary tanking quest line could be really cool too. I hope they really take this into consideration for next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengfulr3ap3r View Post
    Lol I like the way you think. :P haha. I agree thou about the orange text doing nothing for you. It doesnt do much for me either, its just a name. The true measure of someone, in my opinion, is how well they play their class. gear is... just gear skill is what matters.
    While gear it's true that gear != skill, people looking at johnny the mage in heroic blues and ZA epics will assume he's an idiot, and there's a higher chance that he is an idiot than there is for the guy in firelands heroic gear having bought his account...

When i was doing the recruiting rounds for our guild, i was more inclined to take a chance with a highly geared and achievement heavy player with a slight risk of him being a complete idiot, than i was to recruit good ol johnny the mage who claims that despite his gear, he's the best mage on the server...

There's just a higher chance that randoms in blues are bad

Quote Originally Posted by Sookiie View Post
    Can people shut the fuck up already? Tired of your complaints even thou there is no way you can see it yet. Quit playing if you're such a whiny bitch.
    You seem to think that because we all think you're a female, we're going to listen to you..... Go flirt with your loot master on vent or something

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    I withdraw my previous statement. This is not the best patch ever. It is the worst pile of junk one could possibly imagine.

Whoever complained on game catering to casuals. This is your patch. Here is your epic gems to sell for 8k a cut and more fresh raid content you can deny to do without your superelite friends. You now know if you see someone in T13 they will have raided for it. Grats on your achieve.
    if you're worried about gold, it's not worth anything anymore.... most people have around 100k piled up accross their toons...

This patch caters more toward the casual than ever, because that's where the short bus of blizz employees are taking the game...

Giving raiders epic gems is just throwing us a bone to make us feel like we're special...... however T13 being raid only is very pleasing to hear as a raider
    Last edited by psyxe; 2011-09-19 at 05:09 PM.

Any1 else noticed that Murozond, the Time Boss is an anagram for Nozdormu? Looks like the Infinite Dragonflight theme will finally come to conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    epic gems dropping from raids sounds familiar. Guessing that they will announce that there prospect-able too
    from the way i read only normal and heroic mode out of the deathwing raid. that and it can take till the end of the expansion to get all the gems you want.

epic gems should not be exclusive to just the one raid zone. nothing was wrong with being able to farm ore and buy them with dust.
    they are getting stupid now.

If this raid only has 7 bosses I hope there is butt loads of trash.

I seem to have missed something here: I've read the entire interview and I don't remember reading they won't be adding the Corrupted Ashbringer to any vendor.

If this is true then its a pretty major slap to the face: I remember rolling a paladin in vanilla for the sole reason of obtaining that sword... then I've learned that it only dropped in that new really hard raid that just came out, so I was like "uhh ok I apprently not getting that".

Now, they have the chance make it re-obtainable, but won't because "oh well umm yeah that sword is really epic and all, but we have that pretty major NPC that is weilding the same sword so I guess we can't since its too cool and everyone will use it".

Hey, what about Gorehowl? That thing is literally waiting to get grabbed in Kara? What about the orgrimaar's guard armor? It is easily transmogrifable. What about warlock T4? There's a boss in TK that wears it, people will just look at her and say "omg its epic, I also want to look like an astromancer!" What about the heroic version of Volcanospike? That badass dude Baleroc is dual-wielding those to try to cut our head off our shoulders, and there's so many other example I can mention.

Why are people still complaining about the number of bosses in a raid when the design for raids since Cata started-one stated before it even hit beta-was "raids with less bosses." That horse is dead, stop beating it. I think the rogue only legendary is kind of a silly idea, as is this melee buff-balance the encounters and make being a rogue more appealing, don't bribe a single class that hardly anyone plays anymore. (There were three level 85 rogues in my guild until yesterday, when the only one raiding quit the guild.) But Blizzard made the design of raids apparent from before Cata came out. Stop the QQ. I'd rather have epic seven boss raids than meh 13 boss raids-as much as I loved Ulduar, I simply don't have the time to raid the several nights a week it takes to get a raid that large on farm. The five mans and the raid sound amazing. Quality > quantity. If they all suck, then yeah, I'll be onboard the QQ train. But for now? Knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by turlockmike View Post
    no one cares about pvp. Blizzard was lying. I haven't pvp'd in months.

Nice storyline hopefully. Not sure it can live up to LK though.
    Sorry to hear that /yawn - WoW has a pretty large PvP community guess you missed the US and EU regionals...and for as long as they continue to ignore it subs will decline. If they believe that subs are descending not because of the state of PvP they are delusional as is anyone. It's not the only reason for the decline, but it's a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    That's my point! WoW is a fucking game, not a job! If I wanted to work, I'd get extra hours at my current employment! Weren't video games designed to be for recreational purposes, not be a soul draining full time commitment?
    I personally get a lot of enjoyment out of my raiding time. It is neither soul draining, or a full time commitment, in my experience. I have a wife, a full-time job, and an active social life. And yet I still manage to find time to raid 3-9 hours a week. It IS my recreation, at least a part of it, and I choose to dedicate a small amount of my time each week to pursuing that. And it should come with it's own rewards. The reason you are being met with hostility is because you are demanding access to the exact same rewards that I and other get through raiding, but you want them provided to you without having to actually participate in the activity. It's effectively like demanding a CEO's salary even though you are only a mid-level manager, simply because you both work in the same building.

I have no problem at all with stat/iLvl equivalent gear being offered through VP. I am all for alternate methods of character progression, as some people simply do not have the time or inclination to participate in raids. But people who take on the toughest challenges in the game should be rewarded with gear and other items that signify that they have done so. It's not an issue of "I am a better player/person than you", at least for me. It is more a recognition that we did something that not everyone else chose to do.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    AAAARGH it´s tanks turn now for god sake, rogue got warglavies and thunderfury wtf are they gonna get 2 more legendarys?? what the point of even being tankfirst its fucking boring. And to get more ppl to play it the made every encounter so that tanks just have to stand and spam their spells. Tanking nowdays is faceroll its boring as hell the only good part is that u are usually prio on the tier parts. So make a shield a mace i dont know not more rogue legendarys....
    You don't get it do you? there is no way to make a tank legendary that will fit all 4 tanks, if they did one not for all 4 classes, it would make the others not desirable in raids for hard progression.

The only thing those 4 classes share are trinkets and rings, which are not visible, and obviously wouldn't please any of those 4 classes.. and I highly doubt they will ever make a "select your legendary weapon type" thing, because it doesn't work with lore.

I am assuming the best way to do it would be to make a legendary trinket with a very special visual effect, like a bubble around you or something.

But weapon or shield, just doesn't make sense.

And also.. I have seen many Death Knight tanks with Shadowmourne using stamina gems, so...
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Games present challenges, which many actually consider one of the more compelling aspects to them. When a challenge is defeated in a game, the player is typically rewarded for their accomplishment. Simply purchasing a game/game time entitles you to nothing more than the opportunity to access everything available within that world. From there, the game is what you make of it. The recurring issue is that, more and more, players are wanting something for nothing. A perfect example of this is obtaining Tier gear while not raiding.

I would ask that someone explain the logic of why a player is able to obtain Tier 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 gear and has never stepped into the raid instance from which the gear corresponds, but there is no logic in that. For Tiers 1 through 6.5, World of WarCraft functioned logically -- If you wanted raiding gear, you raided. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, certain pieces were now offered from vendors for points obtained via raiding (Tier 7 and Tier 8). When Tier 9 was released, any recognizable feature of how raiding gear was obtained was undone. If you spent enough time grinding Emblems/points from 5-player dungeons, you would eventually receive the latest Tier gear without ever having stepped foot into the content for which those armor sets were built.

Ironically enough, the truly talented players of this game spend less time on it overall than players who play "casually", yet they are geared to the teeth. So, to answer your question, World of WarCraft is what you make of it, but there are varying levels of content built for a variety of the eclectic set of gamers who frequent it. Each of our dollars are not more important than anyone else's, and there is content geared towards a multitude of play styles. Enjoy what suits you, but don't expect more for doing the bare minimum.

From my humble opinion: OMFG AWESOME!!!

Deleted
    LOL @ the dude that was pissing about no tier13 avaiable after 2 expansions of people constantly , i mean CONSTASNLYNLY ( MISSPSPLEPLED1!1 ) whining about gear being too easy to get.This just shows the stupidity of some of the WoW player base, like the : "WE WANT LFD,we dont want to ask people for 1 hour and ask tanks all day if they are free etc" and then " LOL LFD RUINED THIS GAME OMG SOCIAL BLBLABLA ". Get a grip and enjoy the game, they are making marvelous decisions as of late.People just want to find sth negative in everything.I guess we know who the basement dwellers are.

I think the rogue only legendary is kind of a silly idea, as is this melee buff-balance the encounters and make being a rogue more appealing, don't bribe a single class that hardly anyone plays anymore.
    They are "bribing" them so more people play the class.

Why? Really? It's like saying you'd rather eat 10 not so good meals instead of 7 delicious meals? Or watch 10 boring movies rather than watch 7 epic movies.
    Well maybe you do, but majority of people would rather have quality than quantity.
    LOL are you serious? When was the last time a raid has been of great quality? You think these 7 bosses will be "epic?" when all the rest of the expac has been a joke? Fanboys are Fanboys no matter what evidence you put in their faces...

You are right about one thing though... people would rather have quality than quantity... too bad we have had neither in this entire expac.