Poll: How often do you clean your ears?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I stopped using q tips daily after I was shown this and told it can happen from swabbing too much.. Oh my gaaawd

I clean them a couple of times a month; only around the "exit" of my ear, like the rim area. I find it disgusting looking into looking into someone's ear and seeing a lot of wax - I know it is there to help protect your ear canal, but yuck. Oh, and thank you beanburitto for grossing me the fuck out, lol. I don't get how that happens though from swabbing too much? Eww. I'm guessing it just ends up packing more wax further back against the eardrum? Ughhsdjfhs. /puke
    Last edited by handsdown; 2011-09-20 at 04:25 AM.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Deleted
    This is what my doctor said:

You should never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ears.

... The point being: You shouldn't put anything in your ears. They are self-cleaning. Don't use Q-tips.
    If you must, press a thick towel against the outer part of the ear with your forefinger. Nothing more is necessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleaning ears is like 1/10th of an orgasm, people who dont do it at least once a day are missing out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    I stopped using q tips daily after I was shown this and told it can happen from swabbing too much.. Oh my gaaawd

Yeah, I've been close. Because of using q-tips, I had to have my ears flushed every third month at the doctor for several years, due to excessive build-up of ear wax, which naturally affected my hearing.

When your body feels too clean, it WILL compensate, and you will just end up with a high production of ear-wax...

Now that I've read this probably right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me, or does it feel REALLY good when you move q-tips around in your ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    once a week ish

Whenever I bite my fingernails after scratching my ear. If it has the waxy taste, then I clean them. Yes, I'm disgusting

Twice a week.

That video is extremely disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Twice a week.

That video is extremely disgusting.
    And it's what happens when you DO clean your ears, NOT what happens if you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every. Single. Day.

Not because my ears is any dirtier, but because the feeling of cleaning them is orgasmic.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Every day, i do in the morning, after i shower, and a few times during the day, i have a box of que tips on my desk, love the feeling of clean ears :P

10+ Year Old Account
    haven't cleaned mine in .. god about 15+ years, other than poking around with my finger, often out of boredom/to keep my hand busy

Got crazy earwax production, so several times a week. I use q-tips, but I don't just shove them in there. They go in top of the ear canal, when they are as far in as they will get I tip the to a downward angle and scrape outwards. I've had otitis countless times as a child and all through my life, another scar on my eardrum is not gonna make a difference

E2A - Bet that person in the video felt a great relief - it's like going from analogue to digital when you get your ears cleaned/flushed.
    Last edited by Sativaspirit; 2011-09-20 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just kinda put my finger in there every so often but have no kind of regular basis for it, so I'd say along the lines of doing that once every few months, if that doesn't count as cleaning then never.

Wow, a lot of people in this thread seem to be getting sexual stimulation from cleaning their ears...

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

And as to that video...Ima ask a doctor...like...soon.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Lol, who would clean them 1+ a day? I mean, that's just unnecesarry.
    I do that... I just don't like to have any trace of dirt in my ears, why is that so weird? x_x
    You're not suppoed to put the qtip all inside your ear, it's just to clean the earcanal itself, not pushing it in.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    i stopped using q tips daily after i was shown this and told it can happen from swabbing too much.. Oh my gaaawd

ewh! What! No! Argh!