Thank you Everyone...my rig

Well guys, I made about 3 threads. First of asking about my rig, second about my case, and third about me bitching about NewEgg. With that said, I went to FRY's tonight, spent a good 2-3 hours with my good friend, and we got this new system set up thanks to all of you, PC gamer, and lots of online research.

This computer is amazing, it's running perfect, it's full 60 fps on ultra settings in WOW, and I'm sure I'll be fine when Battlefield Comes out. I'm going to post my details to help out anyone with questions that is also building a rig, and I'm going to help others as much as I can because you all helped me out so much. Thanks again!

i5 2500k 3.3ghz. (have not OC'ed it yet, I just set this badboy up a few hours ago!)

Asus P8Z68-V PRO (beautiful motherboard, and excellent BIOS)

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus (Great cooling fan. I did have to youtube how to install because I had a few questions, but VERY easy after they were answered. This thing is so dang easy to install, I have ZERo experience and after 2 minutes on youtube I was fine)

Corsair 600t - white (this case is so so nice. I was very torn on the coolmaster storm or sniper cases vs this, but the cable managment won me over, the cables in this case all hide so perfect. With that said, I thought the LED's were blue, but they are white, I might have to upgrade the fans! No complaints though, it's amazing, and I like white because it seems every case is black, I'm a special snowflake now)

Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB 1600 mghz (not much to say on this, it's ram and it's good. I did have to install them on the 2nd slot in and 4th slot instead of the 1st/4th to make room for my coolmaster. I think I could have installed the fan higher, but just moving the RAM back made it work and fit fine)

MSI Nvedia 560ti (runs great, great fans. I wanted this over the AMD because it runs less hot which I appricate more than the 4-8% or whatever the percentage is of improvement in the cards)

Corsair 120 gb Force SSD ( I had no plans to buy this, I was going to get the cruicial M4, but Fry's did not carry them. I did some fast research on my iphone and this was a VERY fast SSD. The problem was that a near simliar model from Corsair had HUGE problems and was recalled, but not to many complaints about the model I chose. This thing is insane. I installed windows in like 7 minutes. I open wow in a few seconds. It's made me happy, it was worth the 200 bucks!)

Corsair 650w tx power supply (it wasn't modular so a TON of cables, but this case hid them all. I didn't go over 650w because I have no plans to SLI)

I bought a cheap asus dvd read/write. My goal was a samsung but Fry's didn't have it. WOrks fine though so who cares? Also got my Windows 64 bit home edition OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    Well guys, I made about 3 threads. First of asking about my rig, second about my case, and third about me bitching about NewEgg. With that said, I went to FRY's tonight, spent a good 2-3 hours with my good friend, and we got this new system set up thanks to all of you, PC gamer, and lots of online research.

This computer is amazing, it's running perfect, it's full 60 fps on ultra settings in WOW, and I'm sure I'll be fine when Battlefield Comes out. I'm going to post my details to help out anyone with questions that is also building a rig, and I'm going to help others as much as I can because you all helped me out so much. Thanks again!

i5 2500k 3.3ghz. (have not OC'ed it yet, I just set this badboy up a few hours ago!)

Asus P8Z68-V PRO (beautiful motherboard, and excellent BIOS)

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus (Great cooling fan. I did have to youtube how to install because I had a few questions, but VERY easy after they were answered. This thing is so dang easy to install, I have ZERo experience and after 2 minutes on youtube I was fine)

Corsair 600t - white (this case is so so nice. I was very torn on the coolmaster storm or sniper cases vs this, but the cable managment won me over, the cables in this case all hide so perfect. With that said, I thought the LED's were blue, but they are white, I might have to upgrade the fans! No complaints though, it's amazing, and I like white because it seems every case is black, I'm a special snowflake now)

Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB 1600 mghz (not much to say on this, it's ram and it's good. I did have to install them on the 2nd slot in and 4th slot instead of the 1st/4th to make room for my coolmaster. I think I could have installed the fan higher, but just moving the RAM back made it work and fit fine)

MSI Nvedia 560ti (runs great, great fans. I wanted this over the AMD because it runs less hot which I appricate more than the 4-8% or whatever the percentage is of improvement in the cards)

Corsair 120 gb Force SSD ( I had no plans to buy this, I was going to get the cruicial M4, but Fry's did not carry them. I did some fast research on my iphone and this was a VERY fast SSD. The problem was that a near simliar model from Corsair had HUGE problems and was recalled, but not to many complaints about the model I chose. This thing is insane. I installed windows in like 7 minutes. I open wow in a few seconds. It's made me happy, it was worth the 200 bucks!)

Corsair 650w tx power supply (it wasn't modular so a TON of cables, but this case hid them all. I didn't go over 650w because I have no plans to SLI)

I bought a cheap asus dvd read/write. My goal was a samsung but Fry's didn't have it. WOrks fine though so who cares? Also got my Windows 64 bit home edition OEM.
    Sick rig man. I might have went with a more powerfull PSU tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much did that cost?
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Sick rig man. I might have went with a more powerfull PSU tho.
    He could pump in another gtx560ti and still have more power left ..

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    Not at load, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    Yea.. no. Not at max load. It would pull somewhere around 600-650W on the 12V rail(s), something the Corsair TX650 isn't capable of. It would definitely work, but not for long (especially if you consider overclocks).

But yea, for a single 560 ti a 650W is close to overkill but by no means a bad choice. Suggesting to go over 650W with a single 560 ti is just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Yea.. no. Not at max load. It would pull somewhere around 600-650W on the 12V rail(s)
    Now I may be missing something here so feel free to give me a boot if I am wrong, but the Twin Frozr II pulls a max TDP of 180W per card (which is 15 Amps), so 2 should effectively pull 360W (a max of 30 Amps). With the available 636W (and 52 Amps) on the 12V system, the TX650 should be able to run an SLi setup without a hitch.

If it was some cheaper PSU that was going to have issues actually outputting a good 500-600W I'd agree with you, but the TX650 has been a proven contender everywhere :P
    Last edited by Optochip; 2011-09-20 at 01:06 PM.

Personally, I'd gotten a more powerful GPU. There's nothing wrong with the GTX560Ti, it's a very capable mid-range card. But I'd want a bit more oomph behind it myself, for gaming. Of course, if all you do is some WoW and the occasional other game, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Not at load, no.
    Yea.. no. Not at max load. It would pull somewhere around 600-650W on the 12V rail(s), something the Corsair TX650 isn't capable of. It would definitely work, but not for long (especially if you consider overclocks).
    ^ Bull. A TX650w is just under what I would consider optimal for a dual GTX560 Ti-composition. A 660-680w (like the X660 from SeaSonic) would be better, but pretty much on the dot. It could even run overclocked. His rig (adding in the assumption of 6USB-devices + keyboard/mouse, 5 120mm fans and a DVD+-RW drive) would pull 528w max at load, unless benchmarking, with the additional GTX560 Ti.

I just put together a similar build, actually. i5 2500K, p8z68 pro, 560 ti (asus), 8gigs of ram (1600 ripjaw x series), zalman heatsink (very nice, and sharp), lian-li mid tower (so good), 850 watt LEPA PSU (not well known but was $60, seems to run really well so far). i threw everything together, and besides not having my room situated, it's awesome. i just installed wow again last night, and easily hit 60 fps on ultra and everything else up to max in org on 1920x1080 res. no oc here either. a computer is only good enough when it stands the test of at least a few weeks (test of time), so we'll see how my psu and hdd hold up.

congrats on your new build man. let's have an overclock party later i heard using the TEP switch isnt as effective as manually doing it, but am not sure. let me know when/if u OC and the results.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-09-20 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    A TX650 will be able to run 2x 560 ti in SLI.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-20 at 08:56 PM.

Oh really?
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...i-1gb-review/8

Lists max power consumption as 285W for one card. For two cards that's 570W. Add the power of the motherboard and the CPU (say 100W) and we are at around 670W (I'd say these numbers take into consideration a slight OC). Add some fans, HDDs, an ODD and I'm sure we are fairly close to 700W. Of course this is a max load scenario, and two 560 tis will not really pull 285W each in SLI.

As I said, a TX650 will most likely be able to run 2x 560 ti in SLI, but I reckon that if you run such a PSU at close to (or even above) it's max output it won't last very long.
    Uhm, I'm very confused by that benchmark. I think they're talking about only the card, but those numbers are silly high. Silly high. The 580 only pulls 222w~ from the wall with a 80+gold, meaning 200~ from the PSU.
    So I'm assuming they're talking about full-rig wattage.

Full rig wattage, from the wall. With a 80+gold PSU. Add ODD, fans, HDD and USB, subtract "from the wall", and we have about 550w during benchmarking scenarios, or 520 during gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    LEPA PSU (not well known but was $60, seems to run really well so far).
    Both their PSU's that were Reviewed on HardwareSecrets got Golden ratings so I'd hope they should be good.

LEPA G700-MA
    LEPA G 500W

Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post
    Both their PSU's that were Reviewed on HardwareSecrets got Golden ratings so I'd hope they should be good.

LEPA G700-MA
    LEPA G 500W
    They should be acceptable, at least. I've found that while hardwaresecrets do thorough testing, it's better to review their different testresults and don't read the conclusion. At all.
    They also hand out their Golden Award way too easily. I get that they established the framework long before the surge of quality in PSU took place, but still.

I mean, they gave the HX1000w a Golden Award. The HX1000w. One of the worst high-performance PSUs I know of D:

Oh really?
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...i-1gb-review/8

Lists max power consumption as 285W for one card. For two cards that's 570W.

Photo from Guru3D's Review of the MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozer II. Please do note that even though the chart doesn't specify that last card as the Ti, if you compare all the specs and whatnot you can be assured that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post

LEPA G700-MA
    LEPA G 500W
    I was skeptical because of Newegg's reviews. There are 8 and half of them aren't good. Except one the guy claims to have bought 8 and they were all good, so I was like Okay guy, you've convinced me. I don't leave my computer running overnight or while I'm at work, and only set it up Sunday, so it hasn't had much to go on. Everything has been fine though, and the modular is very nice. My case didn't allow A LOT of room for management, but it looks mostly clean despite wires that were too short/connections were right next to each other. I couldn't say no to 850W for that cheap, especially if I'm going to SLI at some point. I'm not a cheap person, just look for good deals - and from the weight, look, and feel, it seems very solid (until it explodes..?). Not many places accept all the rebates Newegg does - still gotta send it in though.

As for OP, hopefully your computer lasts. I don't know why this turned into people debating the energy consumption issue. You guys kind of hijacked his thread of thanks, haha. And let me know what you OC to

Deleted
    Yes he can easily run 2 gtx 560ti at full load, 1 cards power draw is under 200watts ...

Deleted
    Add the power of the motherboard and the CPU
    From the bottom of the graph:
    "Watts at socket, lower is better"

This means that every single component in the system is included (even the connected mouse and keyboard). It also means the efficiency ratio of the PSU is included, so if the PSU operates at 85% efficiency - then the actual system drain is 242W.

The numbers should have aroused suspicion given the idle wattage numbers - they are far too high for a single card. Theres also the matter that the power numbers themselves are in violation of PCI-E specifications for a single card with its connections. 285W would require an 8 pin + 6 pin connector, but only two 6 pin connectors are present. In other words, the card is limited to draw 225W.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-09-20 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    From the bottom of the graph:
    "Watts at socket, lower is better"
    What's actually really funny is that towards the bottom of Page 2 of the Bit-Tech review that the guy posted is a chart that flat out says "Maximum Power Draw: 180W" for the GTX 560 Ti 1GB