Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy Paladins so UP

I'm running Unholy DK/Holy pally in 2s and we seem to be losing a lot because the paladin can't keep up when I get targeted.

My main is a resto druid and I can easily keep 2 dps up in 3s. I thought that holy pallys were supposed to be better than resto druids right now?

They need a huge buff.

Deleted
    haha u jokin right?
    if not
    tell ur pala to l2p cos hes doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    haha u jokin right?
    if not
    tell ur pala to l2p cos hes doing something wrong
    Unlimited mana and infinte throughput.

Holy Paladin throughput is very strong at the moment. Their weakness is in being controlled through CC/silences, and their lack of offensive utility. This is why so many Paladins end up in "zerg" comps like TSG, Kitty Cleave, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    I'm running Unholy DK/Holy pally in 2s and we seem to be losing a lot because the paladin can't keep up when I get targeted.

My main is a resto druid and I can easily keep 2 dps up in 3s. I thought that holy pallys were supposed to be better than resto druids right now?

They need a huge buff.
    you or your buddy must be doing something wrong then. I'm playing the same set up with a 50 W 10 L ratio currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Infinite idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    Holy Paladin throughput is very strong at the moment. Their weakness is in being controlled through CC/silences, and their lack of offensive utility. This is why so many Paladins end up in "zerg" comps like TSG, Kitty Cleave, etc.
    This. Even moreso in 2's, where you can actually relax most of the time and there isn't as much CC going around.

Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    You obviously have no clue what your talking about. Ignore this idiot, he is full of shit.

I play Holy Pally, an if no one touches you ya, your fine.
    Holy Paladin have ZERO offensive ability, HoJ is almost useless because its the only thing we got and its on a fucking long cool-down for the one offensive ability we have
    Its easy as hell to stun/cc/silence a holy paladin, and anyone with 4K resil will easily go down if your pally healers gets mage/lock silenced while casting because thats how long it lasts.
    Holy Shock and WoG dont cut it, Holy Paladins HAVE TOO cast, and when you do, your pretty much fucked.

Its easy as fuck for warriors to fuck up holy paladins. Charge, throwdown and by that time your almost dead, he keeps beating on you till you start to cast a heal, pummel now your silenced, then he gets distance for another charge.

ITS SO FUCKING EASY to lock down a holy pally. I have no clue why anyone thinks their good. I play a rogue too and I fucking shut them down the whole time.
    Last edited by Ban-roll-on; 2011-08-02 at 09:25 PM.

Holy paladins are ridiculously OP at 2s. As a frost DK I can easily spend 3 minutes fighting a holy paladin 1v1 before getting that killing blow. It's not even fair that in a DPS/Healer vs DPS/Healer setup, the team with a paladin will most likely win, purely due to the fact that they can REGEN mana more often than spending it. Holy Shock/WoG heal for way too much, and cost nothing (or virtually nothing in HS's case).

And god forbid you do have to actually cast something, you've still got BoP, Bubble, Freedom and HoJ in case something gets hairy.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post
    Holy paladins are ridiculously OP at 2s. As a frost DK I can easily spend 3 minutes fighting a holy paladin 1v1 before getting that killing blow. It's not even fair that in a DPS/Healer vs DPS/Healer setup, the team with a paladin will most likely win, purely due to the fact that they can REGEN mana more often than spending it. Holy Shock/WoG heal for way too much, and cost nothing (or virtually nothing in HS's case).

And god forbid you do have to actually cast something, you've still got BoP, Bubble, Freedom and HoJ in case something gets hairy.
    If you cant out dps holy shock and wog, you are bad. You are REALLY bad.

Pro tip: 1 dps is not suppose to be able to kill 1 healer. The fact that you can do it means holy paladins are gimped in the first place.

Another pro tip: Casting Holy Light in pvp is fail because its heals for little and takes forever to cast. Holy Pallys have to cast Flash of Light and Divine Light and they drain mana like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ban-roll-on View Post
    You obviously have no clue what your talking about. Ignore this idiot, he is full of shit.

I play Holy Pally, an if no one touches you ya, your fine.
    Holy Paladin have ZERO offensive ability, HoJ is almost useless because its the only thing we got and its on a fucking long cool-down for the one offensive ability we have
    Its easy as hell to stun/cc/silence a holy paladin, and anyone with 4K resil will easily go down if your pally healers gets mage/lock silenced while casting because thats how long it lasts.
    Holy Shock and WoG dont cut it, Holy Paladins HAVE TOO cast, and when you do, your pretty much fucked.

Its easy as fuck for warriors to fuck up holy paladins. Charge, throwdown and by that time your almost dead, he keeps beating on you till you start to cast a heal, pummel now your silenced, then he gets distance for another charge.

ITS SO FUCKING EASY to lock down a holy pally. I have no clue why anyone thinks their good. I play a rogue too and I fucking shut them down the whole time.
    With the recent buffs to Holy Shock, WoG, and IoL, a Paladin can bomb quite a bit of healing without using his cast-bar. CC is a big weakness, still, and if you do eat a lockout you'll be sitting on your thumbs because there's no secondary school available.

If you're going down to a Warrior inside a Charge->Throwdown you should either obtain some better gear or reconsider your tactics in the fight.

It helps to know exactly what comps he's struggling with in 2s. Even against double dps, a holy paladin shouldn't need to cast more than a couple times in a game if at all. HoJ, especially on a 40 sec cd(if talented) is a powerful cc against any comp. Another useful offensive ability is the exo debuff, which can easily shut down burst in 2s.

One thing that is important to know is that if you are bubbled you can not heal your partner in an enemy smoke bomb.when you have to be in the open against classes with cc, put sacrifice on your dps when you anticipate a cc(note this does nothing against controlled stuns, save your trinket/bubble for these when you need to get a heal off). The most important thing as any healer is to hump a pillar and only go in the open when you have to.

Also, nothing should die in a 3-5 sec silence. It sounds lke he is eating the full 8 sec lockout, which means he needs to learn to fake cast better.
    Last edited by Jpwojcik; 2011-08-02 at 09:59 PM.

^If you're casting Exo vs double-DPS, you may as well be healing, because you're going to eat a Holy school lockout immediately against any competent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    ^If you're casting Exo vs double-DPS, you may as well be healing, because you're going to eat a Holy school lockout immediately against any competent team.
    I personally don't have exo talented, but like anything else it takes knowing when it's best to utilize it. If you have 2 dps on you, your partners aren't peeling/you could easily sprint to the next pillar. Also it's not that hard to track interrupts and juke them. Like manaburn or any other offensive ability, you have to have some common sense when using it.

Deleted
    Srsly every Paladin who goes either oom or needs to make a single cast just sux hard rly. Most of the Paladins have the absolute fail spec going on spirit. I cant stop lol at them. Paladin needs fucking crit i play with Holy Paladin on 2.5k and i dont even need to cast a single heal vs combs like R/M or other burst combos. I got around 36% crit with some PvE items and i can spam Holy Schock with instant flash of light right afterwards. HoJ is better then most think, with low skilled cooldown it always made the fatal blow. I can tank easy 2dds in Arena no prob, got so many cooldowns to use. And my mana pool doenst drop under 90%. With Crit i can heal everything with massive instant casts, so i can do autoattacks to regain mana while overhealing my mate. And if u want to play rly lame just go on Exo spec its ridiculous OP since DDs and Healer cant crit and u can just chill out.

HPaly is overpowered in 2s.
    War / Paly we're sitting at 85% win at 1900 and still climbing. Will probably end up around 2100.
    Games are long but you just can't lose. We won every game we stayed in. Left 3 Feral/Healer since its unwinnable for both teams, else we'd be 100%.
    DK / HPaly is better than with a War my Paly says (he also has a DK at 2.2k) because you have an easier time surviving through all the CC some teams can throw at you Paly and you can interrupt more mana burns against Priest / Mage. Again, feral teams are a 45 min draw.

Quote Originally Posted by vhaman View Post

lol @ 3min killing a hpal, are you 1000 rated?

any decent hpal, above 2200 can tank any single dps team in 2s for 30min without going oom

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    I personally don't have exo talented, but like anything else it takes knowing when it's best to utilize it. If you have 2 dps on you, your partners aren't peeling/you could easily sprint to the next pillar. Also it's not that hard to track interrupts and juke them. Like manaburn or any other offensive ability, you have to have some common sense when using it.
    True, but if a Priest messes up and gets MB interrupted, he can still heal.

Quote Originally Posted by dycedarge View Post
    Srsly every Paladin who goes either oom or needs to make a single cast just sux hard rly. Most of the Paladins have the absolute fail spec going on spirit. I cant stop lol at them. Paladin needs fucking crit i play with Holy Paladin on 2.5k and i dont even need to cast a single heal vs combs like R/M or other burst combos. I got around 36% crit with some PvE items and i can spam Holy Schock with instant flash of light right afterwards. HoJ is better then most think, with low skilled cooldown it always made the fatal blow. I can tank easy 2dds in Arena no prob, got so many cooldowns to use. And my mana pool doenst drop under 90%. With Crit i can heal everything with massive instant casts, so i can do autoattacks to regain mana while overhealing my mate. And if u want to play rly lame just go on Exo spec its ridiculous OP since DDs and Healer cant crit and u can just chill out.
    You play at 2500 rating and don't have to cast at all vs Rogue/Mage or Mage/SPriest? What's your partner?

Claiming pallies are up? You're either trolling or didn't play one last season. After playing last season for about 8 weeks I bit the bullet and spent a week farming up gear for my priest/dk and played them for the rest of the season.

Pallies are in a good spot atm imo - awsome throughput but still lacking in the CC department compared to shamans/druids. Druids are fairly weak now imo due to thier poor synergy with crit where as pallies/shammies are going nuts. Mmmmm Tidal waves +30crit on Surge. Mmmmm +25% crit on Shock feeding me instant FoLs or 0.9s DLs.

Mellee cleaves are great with a pally because you can get up all in their grill, stay grouped and effectively use a pallies CC.

Denounce glyph is handy for lol-duels and lol-rated BGs but in arena you're going to get locked out no doubt.

Want to know how to carry a BG - put a good Hpally and a disc priest/shammy together. Me and a friend who played Dispel cleave together in S8 to 2450 were doing some Bgs for lols yesterday. I know it's playing against low skilled players and what not but there was no threat at all. In Gilneas horde had 2 bases, alli only had LH and just us two were running around LH in circles tanking 8 players and never falling below 50%.

Deleted
    Please don't forget about the Divine Plea. ( mana regen ) It can be dispelled and if you can't / don't want 9 sec with -50% heal is a good time for burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ban-roll-on View Post
    You called him out as full of shiat, but you didn't disagree with what he said. You just pointed out different weaknesses. I don't agree with either of you guys really, but you are an ass for just flaming that guy like that.