Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your "Cheat" days

What do you do after "cheat days" or "cheat meals". If I have a cheat meal or something I shouldnt have (that stuffs up my 5-6 small meals a day) I usually do a lot more cardio and go harder during exercise. I wonder if it's actually even necessary to "go harder" after having a cheat meal. I work out 7 days a week, 2 times a day doing cardio so my body is constantly burning calories. I'll go for 2-3 weeks without eating anything bad then I'll go out with mates and have a few slices of pizza.

And don't try telling me you're 100% perfect and never eat anything bad :P

Deleted
    Dude, you're working out 7 times a week, have as much cheat meals as you want .

I usually have 1-2 cheat meals per month, but i don't go harder on my next workout

My cheat days seem more and more frequent lately. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you exercise daily, you can eat pizza everyday for all it matters. Of course you need the recomended vitamens etc everday, but extra calories dont matter when your burning that many. I wish I had the willpower to work out that much.

Edit- I dont cheat alot, as I dont work out enough to eat badly.
    Last edited by Derpdederp; 2011-09-12 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run atleast 5 miles 4-5 mornings a week, and already being a very skinny person I can pretty much "cheat" whenever I want.

I work out 5-6 days a week and eat pretty damn clean (mostly because it tastes freaking delicious).

My one vice happens every Tuesday where I have dinner with a few of my old fraternity brothers and we have a couple of beers down at the local pub. I don't really feel terrible about it given the shape I'm in and how I eat the rest of the week.

Eating/drinking something 'bad' for you every now and again is fine. It keeps you from getting into a rut.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I love about being a powerlifter, and being somewhat young still... I eat whatever the hell I want, the more calories, the better.. I don't eat thing that are over 50% fat though.

so, cheat meals are often.

Deleted
    Dont hang me on up this but isent it unhealthy working out all week? Dont your body need a rest

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Dont hang me on up this but isent it unhealthy working out all week? Dont your body need a rest
    Rest is good for your body, yes.

But you're fine to go all week if you're not busting ass every single day and never resting. If you, on your 'rest day', decide to go hiking with your dog... more power to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpdederp View Post
    Dude, you exercise daily, you can eat pizza everyday for all it matters. Of course you need the recomended vitamens etc everday, but extra calories dont matter when your burning that many. I wish I had the willpower to work out that much.

Edit- I dont cheat alot, as I dont work out enough to eat badly.
    for people trying to cut/build muscle pizza every day is what, extra 25,000 calories a month to burn if you have one piece a day? you're just setting yourself back that much a month

simply lifting weights is anaerobic and unless you're doing aerobic workouts an hour a day, a piece of pizza a day will kill your chance at your goals.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    average person needs a week to recover. work your biceps out 2x a week and you're benefiting as much as the guy who responds like you and does it once a week.

some people, the people who look like they work out even when they don't, natural freaks, can sometimes get away with a 4-5 day cycle

steroids simply allow you to recover faster, that's all they do and that's why resting is usually the biggest difference in someone who sees results vs someone who doesn't.

but go to a gym. people lie about how much they work out. most sit around and talk, it's basically a hobby. i'd go in, bust my ass for an hour and a half and my little brother who IS a natural freak, works out 15 minutes and talks for 60 or so.

most people who subscribe to the no pain no gain saying are wasting a lot of time. you go hard, you rest completely and that's all you can do.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2011-09-12 at 04:29 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fit it into my macros, had a pint of Ben & Jerry's Ice cream the other day & stayed at a deficit. Don't worry if you have a "cheat" day, one day won't ruin your diet. Just get back on track the next day. I went camping about a month ago, ate all day & still lost weight. Burgers, chips, s'mores, BBQ, soda, etc...

Just don't make a habit of it & you'll be fine.

Edit: @Fizzbob... Losing/gaining weight is dependent on your calories/macros, not specific food choices. You can fit pizza into your diet & still lose weight/build muscle.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-09-12 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    for people trying to cut/build muscle pizza every day is what, extra 25,000 calories a month to burn if you have one piece a day? you're just setting yourself back that much a month

simply lifting weights is anaerobic and unless you're doing aerobic workouts an hour a day, a piece of pizza a day will kill your chance at your goals.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 11:28 PM ----------

average person needs a week to recover. work your biceps out 2x a week and you're benefiting as much as the guy who responds like you and does it once a week.

some people, the people who look like they work out even when they don't, natural freaks, can sometimes get away with a 4-5 day cycle

steroids simply allow you to recover faster, that's all they do and that's why resting is usually the biggest difference in someone who sees results vs someone who doesn't.

but go to a gym. people lie about how much they work out. most sit around and talk, it's basically a hobby. i'd go in, bust my ass for an hour and a half and my little brother who IS a natural freak, works out 15 minutes and talks for 60 or so.

most people who subscribe to the no pain no gain saying are wasting a lot of time. you go hard, you rest completely and that's all you can do.
    Tell that to the military.

I get one day a week to rest, and that's if I'm lucky.

PT twice a day, every day.

My current intake of food is IIFIYM (if it fits in your macros) so at any point of any day on any week I can grab a slice of whatever. I just adjust my macronutrients for that day to reflect it. This of course means that I might eat a little less of something else but it's not that big of a deal.

Like once or twice a month my wife and I both take a break from iifiym and go out to eat and get our drink on. These days are a nice reset to our routine and help our bodies ignore plateaus. We do still drink tons of water though to keep the wicked salt out.

If I have a cheat meal, it is most often a fruit sundae: use a high-sugar fruit (usually mango or pineapple), top with some greek yogurt, a couple of cherries (moar sugar), grated dark chocolate and a generous dose of honey.
    Last edited by handsdown; 2011-09-13 at 02:28 AM.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

I have a cheat day about 7 times a week.

You kids sounds pretty queer...stop taking life so seriously..

[User was Infracted for this Post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-09-13 at 02:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only exercise I get is at work and I eat whatever I want whenever I want. One of these days my metabolism is going to give me the finger and I'll pack on the pounds, but for now I'm 25 and enjoying it while it lasts.

Whoa - don't mistake a youthful metabolism for an excuse to eat poorly. Eating pizza every day doesn't get balanced out by exercise. Garbage in is garbe in no matter what you do afterwards. I cheat by eating a piece of candy usually once a week, and maybe some bad for dinner once a week, but anything past that and I suffer. Exercise lightly - mainly walking a mile or two each day. Now that summer and 110 degree weather is gone, it's time to hit it harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Tell that to the military.

I get one day a week to rest, and that's if I'm lucky.

PT twice a day, every day.
    Either you're approaching SF grunt aspirations, or your unit just plain sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    I work out 7 days a week, 2 times a day doing cardio so my body is constantly burning calories
    I do nothing and im pretty sure im constantly burning calories

OT: I've always wondered how you bodybuilders deal with these kind of stuff, maybe not a cheat meal, but what about a birthday cake or holiday food, those that are really hard to avoid due to social convention
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org