Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lechies View Post
    pretty stupid not being able to say what you think on a public forum because someone special might find it offensive
    That is really depending on what you intended to say .. if you think it's going to be offensive before you post it, then you are ahead of the game.

I tend to appreciate the amount of non-mainstream things that people say, even if I don't agree with them. It often puts a new spin on something I thought was once already indisputable.

Can you give an example of something that someone "special" would find offensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Sometimes it's just best for them to close a thread before it gets too out of hand. I have had several of my threads closed before it even caused any issues, and sure I was a bit angry. But honestly it's better than Blizzard's communist forums where I would've gotten banned for making a thread that got closed. If you would've made this thread over on their forums you'd be banned right now. They do good work here just depends on what mod you are dealing with that day. They all vary in the way they operate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    I have to agreed I've seen a drastic increase in people being infracted and threads closed since the New mods hit the streets
    Blaming your (or anyone's) bad posting on new mods doesn't work. The new mods are applying the same rules that have always been in place. We just simply have more mods to look after the forums now. Good, respectful posters should not be worried by this.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    The only real beef I have with these new mods is the fact that they hardly put any effort into putting witty jokes/comments into closed threads or infracted posts.

Remember when being infracted made you laugh in a fit of hysteria, Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Your suggestion has been duly noted, and I solemnly swear to at least attempt to make you laugh when I must close a thread.

Eternal makes no guarantees as to the usability or fitness of this guarantee for a particular purpose, or any purpose at all. Eternal thread-closures are subject to an occasional bout of srs bizness education as to the reason of the closure; however Eternal will make reasonable efforts to comply to poster demands of "witty jokes". The definition of "witty jokes" varies wildly from poster to poster, and Eternal makes no guarantees express or implied that the reading poster will find that Eternal's posts meet their expectations.

Deleted
    Remember when being infracted made you laugh in a fit of hysteria, Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    There have been complaints due to the 'immaturity of certain mods', so the jokes have (generally) stopped. People just don't appreciate them.

As for thread locks, it's often not only because of potential (or realised) flame wars, but quite simply due to the fact that different people tend to create 9+ threads on the same subject, especially when a news post comes up. As well as that, if it's news someone percieves as negative (let's face it, that happens pretty much every time) there's a strong potential of having flame wars in all those 9+ threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Your suggestion has been duly noted, and I solemnly swear to at least attempt to make you laugh when I must close a thread.

Eternal makes no guarantees as to the usability or fitness of this guarantee for a particular purpose, or any purpose at all. Eternal thread-closures are subject to an occasional bout of srs bizness education as to the reason of the closure; however Eternal will make reasonable efforts to comply to poster demands of "witty jokes". The definition of "witty jokes" varies wildly from poster to poster, and Eternal makes no guarantees express or implied that the reading poster will find that Eternal's posts meet their expectations.
    Teehee that actually made me giggle. You passed the test of being a new moderator, and now you can be "our" friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    There have been complaints due to the 'immaturity of certain mods', so the jokes have (generally) stopped. People just don't appreciate them.

As for thread locks, it's often not only because of potential (or realised) flame wars, but quite simply due to the fact that different people tend to create 9+ threads on the same subject, especially when a news post comes up. As well as that, if it's news someone percieves as negative (let's face it, that happens pretty much every time) there's a strong potential of having flame wars in all those 9+ threads.
    That's sad news :*(. Brb I have to go punch a puppy.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-09-25 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when being infracted made you laugh in a fit of hysteria
    Remember Tseric? Now that guy was made of giggles.

Tbh, MMO-champion seems like that kind of forum that's more relaxed. I've used many forums where I could get banned just for using incorrect information.

I think you're seeing more because we actually have a good amount of moderators on board at all times now, so stuff gets closed quicker than it was before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Tbh, MMO-champion seems like that kind of forum that's more relaxed. I've used many forums where I could get banned just for using incorrect information.
    My single question on EJ got me banned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptFiend View Post
    I have to agreed I've seen a drastic increase in people being infracted and threads closed since the New mods hit the streets
    Or maybe the "problem" posters are just multiplying ? I don't think I've really seen an infraction that made me think : "wow harsh ...".
    Mods are doing a good job, and if anything, some threads should be deleted / locked faster. (Like that thread about bliiz being retards because of a typo ... god that was stupid.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The hills have more eyes now.
    And the walls have more ears. (And tentacles.)

Deleted
    You are right. This forum has always been maybe a bit too "sensitive" and with the addition of new moderators couple weeks ago it is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    You are right. This forum has always been maybe a bit too "sensitive" and with the addition of new moderators couple weeks ago it is crazy.
    The new moderators have been promoted like ... 2 days ago, and most of them are too scared to do anything without double checking with admins first. To be honest, old mods are more likely to screw up because they're a lot more confident, attacking the new ones is pretty much useless.

The old ones are also fine tho, and if there's something wrong you can always report it to me or Sunshine.

Deleted
    It seems to me that ever since you announced the hiring the old mods went crazy trying to prove themselves. But that's just me, this is a private website and you obviously have a right to do whatever you want, so... Yea.

It means that I gotta do more trolling elsewhere and that is harder and harder because AJ forums basicly died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods close up threads pretty quickly because arguments can start, and escalate really fast. That becomes a serious issue if they have 20 threads where people are all swearing at each other on whether or not Thrall's skin is the right shade of green.

Often also, the threads are closed up based on the way that the OP posts his opinions. Some people just post them looking for an argument, and often as soon as even the hint of one shows up on such threads, they seem to close it up.

That being said though, the MMO-Champion Mods are pretty good about not closing threads too often. I mean look at the Horde thread that is still not closed! The arugements there are quite civil, so it is still open after like 18 pages.

OURS IS THE FURY -- Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    It seems to me that ever since you announced the hiring the old mods went crazy trying to prove themselves. But that's just me, this is a private website and you obviously have a right to do whatever you want, so... Yea.

It means that I gotta do more trolling elsewhere and that is harder and harder because AJ forums basicly died.
    As I said, if you have examples, you're free to contact me or Sunshine, but you can't just say that my mods are doing stupid things without more details. (It's probably not that hard to find a few borderline decisions if you go through everything, you could win that argument!)

And no, old mods didn't really get more active, we have tons of stats to see that. It might be interesting to point out that a couple of forums didn't even have moderators anymore, just people AFK'ing with a moderator status to make sure that trolls don't see an opportunity to invade a forum without moderators.

So yeah, I guess things are different for those forums.

Anyway, mods aren't big meanies, and you know where to go if there's a problem. Thread closed.