Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    And none of those 'buffs' are the same as the 5% spell crit debuff (Critical Mass).
    No one mentioned Critical Mass...

10+ Year Old Account
    When stacking Will of Unbinding was wondering if casting 1 or 2 missles before your burn phase (start of fight) is worth it because each missle will provide a stack of the int proc. That way you will have 10 stacks going into the burn phase, or is it better to just ABx3 AB+PoM then burn? Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    When stacking Will of Unbinding was wondering if casting 1 or 2 missles before your burn phase (start of fight) is worth it because each missle will provide a stack of the int proc. That way you will have 10 stacks going into the burn phase, or is it better to just ABx3 AB+PoM then burn? Cheers
    I haven't played Arcane this patch yet, But I would assume using missiles to reach 10 stacks then burning would be optimal

Neither this guide nor the guide at EJ mentions any stat priority. The guide at EJ says the value of crit, haste and mastery vary too much for there to be any point in putting up a static table, and thus recommends using a theorycrafting tool to calculate them. I started up Rawr, imported my character, and adjusted the buffs section a little. This is what I got. Mastery > Haste > Crit. Does this seem reasonable? Being a fresh mage, it's difficult to tell with my own eyes. I also used the BiS gear listed in the OP for comparison and got: Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Regarding haste, do I want to reach any specific haste cap? I suspect not, but just want it confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Neither this guide nor the guide at EJ mentions any stat priority. The guide at EJ says the value of crit, haste and mastery vary too much for there to be any point in putting up a static table, and thus recommends using a theorycrafting tool to calculate them. I started up Rawr, imported my character, and adjusted the buffs section a little. This is what I got. Mastery > Haste > Crit. Does this seem reasonable? Being a fresh mage, it's difficult to tell with my own eyes. I also used the BiS gear listed in the OP for comparison and got: Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Regarding haste, do I want to reach any specific haste cap? I suspect not, but just want it confirmed.
    yes, use rawr to let you calculate your optimal gear. mastery is strongest stat for arc. mage because his dmg is derived from mana pool.. haste is stronger because it takes less points to get 1% more + it scales multiplicatively and crit does not have any other bonus than from your prismatic gem in head slot.
    it is possible than with bis gear value of haste slightly diminishes because of reaching GCD during bloodlust but you will certainly NOT get anything close to bis gear any time soon so dont worry with that..

TL;DR: use rawr to calculate your reforges, gems and enchants and dont bother thinking about it - it works well ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by parella View Post
    yes, use rawr to let you calculate your optimal gear. mastery is strongest stat for arc. mage because his dmg is derived from mana pool.. haste is stronger because it takes less points to get 1% more + it scales multiplicatively and crit does not have any other bonus than from your prismatic gem in head slot.
    it is possible than with bis gear value of haste slightly diminishes because of reaching GCD during bloodlust but you will certainly NOT get anything close to bis gear any time soon so dont worry with that..

TL;DR: use rawr to calculate your reforges, gems and enchants and dont bother thinking about it - it works well ;-)
    You don't need to be anywhere close to being in bis gear for the value of haste to start going down.

Haste is stronger than mastery? Rawr simmed mastery ahead of haste by quite the margin. And I suppose there are no haste caps to go for, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have the 4pT13, and i cant seem to find any useful information on AP usage with it, should we be using AP on CD even when in conserve phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Haste is stronger than mastery? Rawr simmed mastery ahead of haste by quite the margin. And I suppose there are no haste caps to go for, then?
    There is a haste soft cap. At 1768 haste your ABs reach 1.0 sec cast time under heroism (in a fully raidbuffed scenario). The value of haste past that point will be diminished. The thing is, at DS gear levels and with our 2pT14 it is impossible to keep your haste below this soft cap. That leads to a point where crit becomes more valuable than haste.
    That is also the reason why you got two different stat priorities in rawr. It gets even worse with trinkets like the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind, when the massive haste proc pushes your ABs to 0.8 under heroism.

Alright, but when my gear is vastly inferior to that of DS, will reaching the haste soft cap have a higher priority than mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    I currently have the 4pT13, and i cant seem to find any useful information on AP usage with it, should we be using AP on CD even when in conserve phase?
    Why wouldn't you? I highly doubt the temporary loss in haste is worse than letting a CD like that be used half as often as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    Why wouldn't you? I highly doubt the temporary loss in haste is worse than letting a CD like that be used half as often as possible.
    The loss in Haste is negligible also. The buff doesn't go away until AP falls off and it stacks up in 10 AB casts, so you're only missing the Haste for about 13 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    so then with 4pT13 we should be using AP on CD, and drop to ABx3? or should we still stay at ABx4?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to find in the guide but doesn't seem to be here anymore. What's the haste rating needed when u got 2set T13 and no haste buff from raid?
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    I've been trying to find in the guide but doesn't seem to be here anymore. What's the haste rating needed when u got 2set T13 and no haste buff from raid?
    For non-goblins the haste soft cap is 1997.

For goblins it's 1845.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lina View Post
    The math just gets you to the point I stated. 505 passive Int coupled with a minimum 2k DPS proc comes out to some heavy DPS in a single trinket.

So I ran my Mage through Rawr both as fire and arcane and for both it reforged and gemmed away from the haste plateaus. I'm arcane at the moment for arcane tactics, and it wanted me to reforge my haste to under 1100 in favor of mastery. I have the 4 piece so I know that the haste rating I should shoot for is 1267 any ideas if this is actually the optimal value or believe what rawr is telling me.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucks View Post
    So I ran my Mage through Rawr both as fire and arcane and for both it reforged and gemmed away from the haste plateaus. I'm arcane at the moment for arcane tactics, and it wanted me to reforge my haste to under 1100 in favor of mastery. I have the 4 piece so I know that the haste rating I should shoot for is 1267 any ideas if this is actually the optimal value or believe what rawr is telling me.
    I think it's accurate, at least for arcane. I have 1224 haste rating with 4T13 and LFR Insignia and I think I actually have to start using Berserking separate from BL/Warp because it puts my 4xAB casts under 1.0 sec. Coupled with the fact that each AB cast gives a stack of Borrowed Time, haste isn't really important for me at the moment.

My stat rankings in SimC don't really make sense to me, however. It rates mastery > haste > crit, with haste being not too far from equal value vs. mastery. I thought crit > haste would make more sense.
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 2012-01-06 at 07:01 PM.

so i wonder what you guys do with the first arcane power?
    with 4 piece t13 that is.
    wait 10 casts and then use it or use it at the start like usual, personaly i am using it at the start and after that i use it on cooldown.
    kind of wonder if it is worth it to do 10 casts first or use it right away because of all the procs