Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    So I have problem with having too much haste compared to mastery. I can't really think of anything to get that haste lower without messing up my hit cap or not reforging off the crit rating. Any ideas what I should do? Or should I just keep it the way it is right now?

Head: 148 Haste -> Hit
    Neck: 81 Haste - Mastery
    Shoulder: 84 Crit -> Hit
    Cloak: not reforged
    Chest: 144 Haste -> Mastery
    Wrist: 80 Haste -> Hit
    Gloves: 102 Haste -> Mastery
    Belt: 94 Crit -> Hit
    Legs: 136 Haste -> Hit
    Boots: 102 Haste -> Mastery
    Ring of the Riven: 78 Haste -> Hit
    Infinite Loop: 74 Crit -> Mastery
    Wand: 42 Haste -> Hit
    Lightning Rod: 127 Haste -> Mastery

Should give you:

1596 Haste Rating
    1740 Hit Rating
    1150 Crit Rating
    2239 Mastery Rating

Reforged with Rawr (full raid buffed)

If you dislike beeing at 16,98% Hit, use a "Veiled Shadow Spinel Gem" in your belt, you should either way use Epic Gems at least in your heroic gear parts.
    Last edited by mmoca53c88a6d3; 2012-05-14 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antili View Post
    Head: 148 Haste -> Hit
    Neck: 81 Haste - Mastery
    Shoulder: 84 Crit -> Hit
    Cloak: not reforged
    Chest: 144 Haste -> Mastery
    Wrist: 80 Haste -> Hit
    Gloves: 102 Haste -> Mastery
    Belt: 94 Crit -> Hit
    Legs: 136 Haste -> Hit
    Boots: 102 Haste -> Mastery
    Ring of the Riven: 78 Haste -> Hit
    Infinite Loop: 74 Crit -> Mastery
    Wand: 42 Haste -> Hit
    Lightning Rod: 127 Haste -> Mastery

Should give you:

1596 Haste Rating
    1740 Hit Rating
    1150 Crit Rating
    2239 Mastery Rating

Reforged with Rawr (full raid buffed)

If you dislike beeing at 16,98% Hit, use a "Veiled Shadow Spinel Gem" in your belt, you should either way use Epic Gems at least in your heroic gear parts.
    Well, as far as I know you shouldn't reforge haste over crit, haste is better than crit even when over the cap. Well I guess I can't do anything about that. Aaaand I won't use epic gems if they don't drop, cba to pay 1k ish per gem when it's almost end of the expansion :P
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2012-05-14 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Well, as far as I know you shouldn't reforge haste over crit, haste is better than crit even when over the cap. Well I guess I can't do anything about that. Aaaand I won't use epic gems if they don't drop, cba to pay 1k ish per gem when it's almost end of the expansion :P

Int > 17% Hit > (1768 Haste (1268 with 2 x T13 / to exactly determine when exactly Haste falls behind Crit you have to sim your Char after each Reforge / Rawr Optimizer works realy well to determine a solid Reforge with Mage Class) > Mastery > Crit > Haste

Tools such as Rawr and SimC are ideal for determining your relative stat values more exactly.
    The Reforge i posted was determined with Rawr (full raid buffed).

These are your relative stat values, simulated with Simcraft at 50000 Iterations (full raid buffed with your current reforge):

5.6716 Int
    2.2556 Mastery
    1.8874 Crit
    1.6282 Haste
    Last edited by mmoca53c88a6d3; 2012-05-14 at 08:39 PM.

Ok, so I've seen this question asked alot but never really seen a good answer (i'm sure they are out there, just can't find them).

I know rathrak and dragonfire orb is better than ti'tahk the steps of time.

What about ti'tahk the steps of time (403) vs. lightning rod (397). I would assume lightning rod is better for personal dps since the haste proc isn't that great for arcane, but what about for raid wide dps? Is the raid haste proc good enough to justify using ti'tahk the steps of time over lightning rod?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Ok, so I've seen this question asked alot but never really seen a good answer (i'm sure they are out there, just can't find them).

I know rathrak and dragonfire orb is better than ti'tahk the steps of time.

What about ti'tahk the steps of time (403) vs. lightning rod (397). I would assume lightning rod is better for personal dps since the haste proc isn't that great for arcane, but what about for raid wide dps? Is the raid haste proc good enough to justify using ti'tahk the steps of time over lightning rod?

Thanks in advance!
    I would say no. The 386 haste isn't that great, it only hits 3 people, has a 20 yd radius, and you have no control over who it hits (unless you want to be anal about raid positioning just for the proc, which you can't really do for Yor, Zon, Ultrax, Spine, most of Madness, Morchok to some extent depending on 10/25 and strategy). The only fights you can really plan out the positioning to make use of the proc is Morchok raid split strategy and easier with 10, Hagara, Blackhorn, and Madness during Mutated Corruption (since healers would prefer stacking the rest of the time).
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-06-13 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Conserve Phase:

This comes after your burn phase and again has no set duration on Arcane Blast usage. The point of this phase is to maintain your mana near max levels so you can enter your burn phase sooner. Try not to fish for Arcane Missile procs past four Arcane Blasts, you'll lose too much mana that way. Arcane Barrage can be shuffled in if no AM procs are available.
    Wait... but you didn't say what the rotation/priority is! Do you AM as soon as you get them, or do you AB to 4 stacks, then AM (if proced, else ArcBar)

Haste Soft-Cap
    /snip
    Well... what number is the haste soft cap? You can't just say that there is one and then not say what it is...
    ಠ_ಠ

When you use the ones that drop for you instead of selling them it is as if you bought them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    Wait... but you didn't say what the rotation/priority is! Do you AM as soon as you get them, or do you AB to 4 stacks, then AM (if proced, else ArcBar)
    "The point of this phase is to maintain your mana near max levels so you can enter your burn phase sooner." Could be more specific that you don't ever want to cap out 100% MP because the overflow from Mage Armor is wasted mana->dps. You do what will keep you above 85% mana. If you are fresh 85, that probably means 3x AB then AM/ABar. If you are full BiS, that means you can go 5-6x AB then AM/ABar. If you proc Clearcasting, then do more AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    Well... what number is the haste soft cap? You can't just say that there is one and then not say what it is...
    Soft cap is when AB with 4 stacks hits GCD cap with BL. http://www.icy-veins.com/arcane-mage...rity-reforging Realistically with DS gear and 2T13, the cap is so low that you can't reforge out of haste enough for it to even be worth thinking about.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    When you use the ones that drop for you instead of selling them it is as if you bought them anyway.
    Unless you sold all the ones you got early into 4.3, then are buying them now that the prices dropped.