[TV] What is your most favorite game show?

I was going through youtube videos of all the past gameshows I used to watch....

Here is a few that come to mind...

Gutz
    Double Dare
    Whammy
    Wheel of Fortune
    Lingo
    Deal or no Deal
    Who wants to be a millionaire
    100,000 pyramid
    etc.

But over the years, my most favorite would be Legends of the Hidden Temple! This show was just incredible as a kid, and I would have killed to have a go at the timed temple run if I had a chance.

What tv game shows where your favorite? Past or Present!

I still watch Jeopardy almost every day. Makes me realize how dumb I really am.

Ummm MXC? Who doesn't love Japanese people getting hurt I mean COME ON!

I can't remember the name of it, but it was one in the early/mid 90s when I was a kid... They put real people in video games, like someone would be on a magic carpet and they'd have to grab all the rings and dodge the obstacles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeopardy. I feel so smart when I "question the answer" correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to love Family Feud because it was always on when I came home from school for lunch. Now... umm. I don't really watch any game shows at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom of Zeal, 12,000 BC (Just Kidding...Crummy California)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I can't remember the name of it, but it was one in the early/mid 90s when I was a kid... They put real people in video games, like someone would be on a magic carpet and they'd have to grab all the rings and dodge the obstacles.
    The show you are speaking of was called "Nick Arcade" and was on Nickelodeon. I miss that show.
    Double Dare was awesome, But Legends of the Hidden Temple was Epic and my favorite!

Will it Blend

Jeopardy! is the only game show worth watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Ummm MXC? Who doesn't love Japanese people getting hurt I mean COME ON!
    Oh god I miss that show, and even if "Who's Line is it Anyway" doesn't count, it's also one of my favorites. Not really any good game shows out now.

Family Feud with Richard Dawson. Every show had a mix of trivia and comedy. Stuff would occasionally go wrong, leading to some famous crack-up moments.

I didn't find the newer versions as funny, and the new digital "answer board" kind of took some of the character from the show also. Though popular, the newer hosts seemed to try too hard to replace Dawson.

Nickelodeon's Double Dare was highly entertaining.

I'd watch other shows like Wheel of Fortune, Whammy, Bumper Stumpers, and some others, but those weren't something I particularly looked forward to, mostly just something to pass the time. Nowadays, I don't watch any.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-24 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheel of Fortune
    Who wants to be a millionaire

but my favorite is called "blokken"
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    jeopardy

press your luck back when it aired

and there was some other game show with a visual puzzle at the end but I don't remember the name

I also liked the Greg Proops show that was on a few weeks VS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved Lingo and Wheel of Fortune, probably because I was so good at them. My friend (who's pretty damn smart) would be astounded when I'd answer a puzzle on "The Wheel", before he or anyone on the show could.

Golden Balls.

I just love at the end, 2 people sat there 'I promise I'll split' 'Yeah, yeah, me too' and like, 90% of the time, they both lie through their teeth and steal, and no one gets anything! Its hilarious.

Altho I cant help but think, if I was sat there and someone promised they'd split with me, then stole 20 odd grand, I'd lean across the table and punch them repeatedly.

Edit: Also, Im a big fan of classic who wants to be a millionaire. Mostly just like seeing what I know :P can often deduce quite a few of em quite well.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Definitely Survivor. I understand why reality shows are not viewed highly by most people but I really do think Survivor gets put unfairly in that catagory (despite "birthing" the genre in some ways). At its heart it really is a game show, and probably the deepest, most tactical game show I've seen. The "reality", camp life portions of the show usually only exist to show the way alliances are forming, the way they're crumbling, the way they're shifting.

People I've spoken to say they don't like the show because it encourages treachery, but it has its own checks and balances for that. The show's jury system means that anyone who steps on people left right and centre won't get far (for people who know the show, Russel Hantz is the perfect example of this kind of player. He just doesn't understand why he keeps losing). A good player will double-cross someone without them ever realising what happened.

Again, I like the checks and balances, I like the way you need to keep physically strong players around in the early game to keep your tribe winning, but not keep them around so long that they then dominate the late game individual immunities. I like the way players with a good social game can win without ever winning a challenge just by networking well. I like the way smart players will prove their value to the tribe by demonstrating how useful their intelligence is, but smarter players will have no ego and keep this information close to their chest. I like how you need to "blend in" a bit so you're not targetted early, but stand out later so the jury can't accuse you of coat-tail riding.

So yes, if you haven't given the show a go, I recommend it. I think it's a much smarter show than people give it credit for.

ah yea, MXC, I forgot about that show, It was pretty entertaining.

Ninja Warrior I guess is considered a game show as well, liked that one, though it really sucked when no one gets to the last stage.

Jeopardy... or anything think that works my brain. Wheel of fortune drives me crazy though. I don't understand why they need to clap for the entire duration of thee show.