Possible Class-Fixing DK Changes?

THIS CHANGE WOULD NOT ONLY AFFECT TANKING, BUT IS ALSO MEANT TO AFFECT THE PVP SHORTCOMINGS OF DK AS WELL. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN REPLYING

Had an epiphany this morning, my thought was that all problems that DK is having could be solved by just tweaking a couple abilities.

Please post your support/objection/whatever on the Blizzard Forums and not here. (Or both, but please definitely post on Blizzard forums)

It's a pipe dream, but its possible to get something accomplished... maybe... ok probably not, but better to try than not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229386312

Possible changes:
    *Increase Blood Presence's stamina and damage reduction contribution from 8% to 12%.
    *Increase Blood Presence's armor contribution from 30% to 45%
    *Make Blood Presence give the 6% Critical Strike protection in all specs.
    *Increase Death Strike damage in all specs (Except Blood. Blood hits hard enough already).

Possible results of said possible changes:
    *The QQing for Frost tanking ability stops, and Frost/Unholy will be able to tank. Albeit inferior to Blood. Sure people will complain about Frost being under Blood, but Frost sucked compared to Blood in WOTLK as well, and that's what they want back apparently. /shrug
    *Makes a good step toward increasing the defensive capabilities as a Blood Tank.
    *Solves the arena issue of Death Knights qqing about getting ripped apart. Smart DKs will, and already do presence dance. Bad DKs will stay low.

Simple changes imo, solves a lot of problems that the DK Community complains about. (I don't complain about this stuff. I ultimately think we're fine atm, but I won't say no to buffs)
    For those who want a number for the armor portion:

The proposed change takes me (unbuffed) from 31658 to 35395 armor as Blood w/ Blood Presence and tank gear.

The proposed change takes me (unbuffed) from 28385 to 31160 armor as Frost w/ Blood Presence and PVP gear.

I haven't tanked on my death knight in ages, but the biggest turn-off for me was my rather varying degree of survivability. I approve of any changes that help to level the playing field. I also have a bit of an issue with Blood Shield for two good reasons:

1. In higher tiers of content, mobs hit hard enough to punch straight through the absorb.

2. The shields duration is shorter than the amount of time needed for the necessary runes to regenerate. I can't tell you how many times my shield has expired mere fractions of a second before my UF runes were up again.

Personally, I think they should up the amount of damage the shield absorbs and increase its duration from 9 seconds to 10. Sure, the PvP community will complain, but seeing as Blood isn't made for PvP and death knights are constantly being nerfed in PvE because of PvP QQ, they can get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    I haven't tanked on my death knight in ages, but the biggest turn-off for me was my rather varying degree of survivability. I approve of any changes that help to level the playing field. I also have a bit of an issue with Blood Shield for two good reasons:

1. In higher tiers of content, mobs hit hard enough to punch straight through the absorb.

2. The shields duration is shorter than the amount of time needed for the necessary runes to regenerate. I can't tell you how many times my shield has expired mere fractions of a second before my UF runes were up again.

Personally, I think they should up the amount of damage the shield absorbs and increase its duration from 9 seconds to 10. Sure, the PvP community will complain, but seeing as Blood isn't made for PvP and death knights are constantly being nerfed in PvE because of PvP QQ, they can get over it.
    Not sure if troll...

Why would we need more stamina? we already got the highest among the tanks(unless you a bear stacking stamina).
    Easy tweeks that could be noticable- 1. Bone shield and Blood Shield only absorb damage above certain amount. 2. higher armor or more avoidence to comprehence.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Why would we need more stamina? we already got the highest among the tanks(unless you a bear stacking stamina).
    Easy tweeks that could be noticable- 1. Bone shield and Blood Shield only absorb damage above certain amount. 2. higher armor or more avoidence to comprehence.
    Increased potency of Rune tap, floor-level Death strikes, higher maximum Blood shield, and harder for us to be RNG'd down by bosses?

And keep in mind, these thoughts are also meant to combat a lot of the PVP issues with Death Knights right now as well.

Keep an open mind, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post

#2 is spot-on as one of the biggest issues with Blood DK's. Instead of increasing it to 10 seconds however, I'd increase it to 13-15, because I've had some really bad spots where I miss 6-8 times in a row with Death Strike.

@OP: We certainly do need an Armor buff as well. As for Frost being able to tank, it would never be viable in raids where you need high defensive capabilities. Guilds would most certainly force their DK back to Blood, or they'd probably just say fuck him and replace him with someone who is willing to go Blood. Death Strike damage doesn't need a buff either for ANY spec.

The had a Dev watercooler recently about what they were thinking of doing. Also, people need to give up on Frost tanking again. It's not coming back.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also Blood Presense will never have the crit immunity rolled in by default. Look at all tanks. You have to spec for it. They want DPS specs to tank normals and to some extend HC dungeons, but they do not want the crit immunity, which is def cap, to be available to non-tank spec. Frost and Unholy can tank now, but not raids. Thats how its intend to be like Wars and Palas.

HP wise, my DK has 10k hp less then our almost fully 378 geared war. I think B.DK hp is good where it is.

Armor yeah perhaps a sliight increase could be done, but didn't they lower it in the first place?