Out of the loop from raiding as boomkin.

Hey guys, need a little assistance after a good leave time from playing warcraft and any form of raiding. Got a few questions I didn't really see specified as far as rotation goes, Such as starsurge usage, Should I always have it on cd? or During the eclipse phase should i let it be until the proc goes down then star using the starsurge to proc eclipse again.

I can't link to my armory but it can be found Bigandhairy on firetree.
    Current stats

6274 sp
    1915 haste
    1699 hit
    18% crit
    11.86 mastery

Using a t10 2peice set bonus and average ilvl of 355

I know I'm low on hit waiting for a few peices of gear in the next week or so Valor chest for haste increase, and the reputation neck from twilight highlands. With my gear as it stands what kind of dps should I be pulling in raids. Mine seems kind of low especially when movement is involved. I was helpin my guild out tonight on Mojo in firelands, and I only seemed to manage 15-16k dps. Had a few flaws in my rotation that I caught as well such as tunnel vision and wrath spamming occasionally...

Anyways any tips and hints are appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymacaroni View Post
    Hey guys, need a little assistance after a good leave time from playing warcraft and any form of raiding. Got a few questions I didn't really see specified as far as rotation goes, Such as starsurge usage, Should I always have it on cd? or During the eclipse phase should i let it be until the proc goes down then star using the starsurge to proc eclipse again.

I can't link to my armory but it can be found Bigandhairy on firetree.
    Current stats

6274 sp
    1915 haste
    1699 hit
    18% crit
    11.86 mastery

Using a t10 2peice set bonus and average ilvl of 355

I know I'm low on hit waiting for a few peices of gear in the next week or so Valor chest for haste increase, and the reputation neck from twilight highlands. With my gear as it stands what kind of dps should I be pulling in raids. Mine seems kind of low especially when movement is involved. I was helpin my guild out tonight on Mojo in firelands, and I only seemed to manage 15-16k dps. Had a few flaws in my rotation that I caught as well such as tunnel vision and wrath spamming occasionally...

Anyways any tips and hints are appreciated.
    Well, I'm going to hope you're referring to Tier 11 2piece and not Tier 10. As for rotation, etc, it hasn't changed really since the beginning of Cataclysm, although I do have a few movies on my blog/youtube page. (www.youtube.com/SunfyresNest).

First off, you have there unenchanted items. The WoWArmory is great to audit little things like that. If you're short on hit, remember you can double up and reforge and have hit AND spirit on the same item. The only time I would ever gem for spirit, or pick up a spirit socket bonus is if you're so short on hit you can't reforge enough to get it. That should only happen at very low gear levels. Else, you'll want red intellect gems in every gem slot. (Unless it's a yellow socket, and the bonus is at least +10 int per socket, then you can put reckless). You can keep the purple gem in the pants because the bonus is +20 int, so you're not gaining anything by tossing a red gem in there. Besides that, you'll want to rip the other non-red gems out and replace them with red, then reforge your hit/spirit around that.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    To add onto what Sunfyre said i would also change your spec.

Lunar shower is no longer a talent we should take, it causes us to leave eclipses earlier, resulting in a DPS loss.

I would put the points into fungal growth and solar beam.

Personally i would move the points you have in BoTG also and put them into furor as with that gear i think youll get some mana issues.

Im currently working on a website that will be all about Moonkins, stat priorities, rotation help, videos, gearing etc etc etc. I guess kinda like Sunfyres except not a blog.

Ill probably make a forum post about it at a later stage (not done much to it last few days.)

I appreciate the input fellas, Ill definately respec I wasn't aware of Lunar Shower thing. Yea I know I have a few unenchanted items but with 4.3 coming soon I figured I'd save gold or grab a weapon from a nerfed raid that was more viable. Is my dps about right tho or way low? Also what kind of haste levels should I be shooting for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymacaroni View Post
    I appreciate the input fellas, Ill definately respec I wasn't aware of Lunar Shower thing. Yea I know I have a few unenchanted items but with 4.3 coming soon I figured I'd save gold or grab a weapon from a nerfed raid that was more viable. Is my dps about right tho or way low? Also what kind of haste levels should I be shooting for?
    As much as possible. Once you reach the hit cap you should generally be reforging for haste.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre