10+ Year Old Account

Question about SRT and RAID cards

So im having a bit of trouble with my SAN at work, my idea is to build a new SAN using a z68 board, 12TB RAID 50 from an aftermarket RAID card and a 240GB SSD for SRT

would this work? google came up with a whole lot of home setups, but nothing involving a RAID card, and i haven't used SRT before, or know much about it

Not perfectly relevant, just making sure you know (which I'm sure you do), but SRT is capped at 64 GiB I think, so you'd have a 160~GiB partition left over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Not perfectly relevant, just making sure you know (which I'm sure you do), but SRT is capped at 64 GiB I think, so you'd have a 160~GiB partition left over.
    yes, the leftover was for the base OS, the problem is that san accelerators (which do the same thing), are roughly $65k, personally i think it's possible to build a san with SSD caching for less then 5k

Pretty sure it won't work with a dedicated RAID card. Everything i've just googled on it makes it seem like it's integrated with the onboard controllers. One post on hardforum even said the guy was transferring his standalone RAID to the onboard controller for testing.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2