[SPOILERS] Gears of War 3 Final Boss Battle

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT!

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with the final boss in GoW3 on Hardcore difficulty.
    I was wondering if any of you guys already finished it (probably) and would like to offer me some advice.
    It seems that every time I'm getting screwed by, if not for the boss's breath, the theron guards or the little bugs she spawns.
    Heck, sometimes I'm even too slow if I try playing it more safe.
    I've got to say, I'm playing this on my own with 3 AI's, which are a pain when you get DBNO'd.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    just stay in cover where you pick up the hammers of dawn(s) your squad should be neer by and pick you up if you get caught at an angle i personly did this with lancer and hammer of dawn the fight took 20 mins but i didnt die. EDIT do the theron gaurds have touque bows or lancers?
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Lol, I just did it. With 1 hammer blow! Is it all about RNG or something? Bit weird. But the tactic helped . Thanks a lot!

This boss battle sucks. Just saying. The rest of the game was great, but that boss battle... man it was just horrible.