Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It's bad. Really bad. I tried going into it with an open mind, but damn. Lou is awful. He has no vocal cadence. And it just seems like they sat around and just jammed, recorded it, and then did vocals. I cannot believe they thought it would be a good idea to release this. They're just making themselves a target. Nobody will ever take away what Metallica did in pioneering a new brand of metal, but they should have quit while they were ahead.
    Venom and Accept pioneered Thrash metal. Metallica just imitated. They were never original.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why? James' vocals sounds a lot harsher and angrier and thrashy, than they have in years, and for the first time since "Garage Inc", Lars' drums aren't sounding like pots and pans... On topic, I actually like it. Realise this: It's not a Metallica record, it's a Lou Reed record with Metallica as his backing band, this is a record they did because they wanted to, not because they were expecting it to sell billions of copies.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:05 PM ----------

Hmm... Yes. Being the best selling metal band in the history of ever, being the main pioneer of thrash metal, being the main inspiration source to just about every metal band out there.... But trololo to you too.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:06 PM ----------

You mean the brilliant record Death Magnetic?
    Metallica being the main pioneer of thrash metal?

Guess i shouldn't be discussing with you if that's what you think.

Also selling more doesn't make someone better, just saying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Bathory is a dramatically more important and influential band for metal overall than Metallica, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Venom and Accept pioneered Thrash metal. Metallica just imitated. They were never original.
    Venom was influential, but Accept didn't really pioneer thrash metal. Sure, Fast as a Shark was pretty intense for it's day(which was 1983 btw, same year Kill Em All was released, so fairly certain that wasn't a big influence), but Balls to the Wall? London Leatherboys? Sea Winds? Accept, as good as they were, did not pioneer thrash(and Metallica never imitated them, so dunno WHAT you're on about there. If you wanna accuse them of imitating, you should have picked Diamond Head, not Accept). Motorhead was closer(and Metallica list them as an influence), but when you're talking about THRASH pioneers, Metallica are indeed one of the main ones.

so i thought the album would be half way decent but HELL NO....seriously its really that bad. here is the official stream, the first half is bad but the second half i just stupid...

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly got a headache from pumping blood and iced honey. I am sorry Lou Reed and Metallica but i cannot listen to this any longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    so i thought the album would be half way decent but HELL NO....seriously its really that bad. here is the official stream, the first half is bad but the second half i just stupid...

http://www.loureedmetallica.com/listen-to-lulu.php
    That first track you hear when you click that stream (no idea what it's called) is quite possibly the worst I've heard in a very, very long time. Obviously there will be people religiously standing by it because 2deep4u Lou Reed is God and Metallica best Metal band and you WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND because spoken word is really underground but in reality that's a steaming pile of horse feces. I do believe some people actually will enjoy it because they honestly think it's good, but it's really not. I don't even like Metallica, never did, my respect for them can not be any lower BUT I never would expect them to partake in such an abomination. As Unorthodox said above it honestly gave me a headache - it's unpleasant, excruciating, nigh unbearable. I care not if the lyrics are heartfelt or interesting or whatever may be, if it sounds terrible I'm not going to be paying attention to what the guy's squealing.

No offense, people are free to like whatever it is they like, but reading a couple comments from people saying this album (or a particular song) is good quite got to me. It's mind-boggling how some people can actually enjoy something like this, it honestly is.