10+ Year Old Account

Constantly disconnecting from.... everything

I know this topic has been written insanely much about as I have googled insanely much about it.

I am having constant disconnects from wow, sometimes its fine. But sometimes like right now I cant even get into Coren Direbrew cause the 2 min queue is 2 min to long for my connection to wow....

When I dc in wow I just get instant thrown out and a message "You have been disconnected from the server". This has been happening for about 3 months now (Im a patient guy), but it used to be only like some times every fourth day or so. Now its every day at any time mostly.

It's not only wow though. When I play LoL everything is fine when I get into a game. But I can barely get in queue, and I only last for about 30 sec in the champion selection. After that I just wait till my friends confirm we are in loading screen, then I relog and gets into the game.

Also youtube and other internet sites may just stop sometimes, and sometimes I get disconnected with skype. It's all quite random.

The main problem is wow though, its unplayable. Truly sucks as I got 3 months of gameplay and are looking forward to 4.3....

Anyways I have tried pretty much everything there is to try it seems. Been surfing google about the topic for hours and hours. Nothing ever seem to help the least bit though. I have checked through all from blizzard. Many random people with something reminding of the same problem and I have made sure I got the newest of all drivers. Nothing.....

Kabinett: Silverstone Fortress Midi Tower Sort Vifter: 1x 180mm Front, 1x 180mm Topp, 1x 120mm Bak, Aluminium, Vindu
    CPU: Intel Core™ 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 Quad Core, 3.0Ghz, Socket 775, 12MB, 130MB, 1333Mhz CPU Kjøler: Akasa Freedom Tower
    Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Formula
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR2 PC6400 8 GB (4 x 2 GB)
    GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5
    PSU: Chieftec 650W Super Series CFT-650-14CS modulær
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar 1TB
    Optisk drive: Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S223C 22x/22x/12x - Serial ATA

The pc Im currently using.
    My internet is fibernet from loqal. Should be really good. I got 22 download and 50 upload speed.
    No one but me seem to have the same problems so I think it's something with the computer.

Any tips at all on what I can do? Im desperate here.
    Last edited by xytech; 2011-09-26 at 07:04 PM. Reason: fucked up bumping -,-

That sucks man, can't help though. Sorry =S

Bumping it for you.

I'm getting similar symptoms, with a different ISP though (Virgin Media).

Currently I'm keeping logs with Ping Plotter, the results it gives you may help pinpoint the issue, or at least give your ISP some help in determining the cause.

Hope it helps.

Deleted
    I had issues with me dc'ing when i joined a dungeon and sometimes in arena, about 1 out of 10 i would dc. And same thing with youtube, i would stop and i had to refresh the page.

What i did to fix the problem, was i got some new hardware from my internetprovider, a new router and cables from the wall to the pc. After that, ive never had the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffish View Post
    I'm getting similar symptoms, with a different ISP though (Virgin Media).

Currently I'm keeping logs with Ping Plotter, the results it gives you may help pinpoint the issue, or at least give your ISP some help in determining the cause.

Hope it helps.
    Ping plotter, thats like 25 dollar right? Wouldn't using some tracert with cmd work just as fine? (I dont really know much about that)

Quote Originally Posted by Resanti View Post
    I had issues with me dc'ing when i joined a dungeon and sometimes in arena, about 1 out of 10 i would dc. And same thing with youtube, i would stop and i had to refresh the page.

What i did to fix the problem, was i got some new hardware from my internetprovider, a new router and cables from the wall to the pc. After that, ive never had the problem.
    It doesn't sound like my issue though. I just get frequent disconnects no matter what Im doing. And in periods its even fine, just now I capped arena with my lock without DCing, earlier today I couldnt even queue for Coren Direbrew.

Deleted
    I see. It just doesnt sound like something your computer would have anything to do with. Have you tried talking with the internet support. They can run some quick tests on your line to see how it runs under different situations.

Call your ISP. Just because other people aren't having problems it doesn't rule out your ISP. I went through an entire summer of shitty cable one year before I finally called comcast to come out and check on things. I played with a few RL friends in the same area and I was the only one having problems so I ruled out my ISP too, but it turned out that was the problem, and when they came they fixed it that day.

Modems and routers can also die, and have different types of symptoms. Just because it's perfectly fine sometimes, doesn't mean you should rule these out either.

It really sounds like the first place you should start is by calling your ISP though...Have them come out to your house and run their tests.

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing i would do: Check the Blizzard Support FAQ.
    There, one of the first answers is to try opening your ports on your windows firewall and router.

Try it, come back (and thank us?)

If that doesnt solve it, try calling your ISP and ask them to send a tech, say you are getting instability (they cant check it from there, so they have to send a guy to test).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd call your ISP. (I'm sure someone has said this before.) That's the easiest way to fix any issues. Have them make sure everything is good on their end, and ask them to monitor it for awhile. (Or call them during an outage.) This can eliminate everything up to the modem. However, if you have a failing router or network card/controller, it could be entirely on your hardware end. Call your ISP, if they don't find anything wrong, replace your router. If that doesn't change anything, it's the cord you're using. (Ethernet is good up to 50 ft? Not sure on this one.) or your network hardware in your computer.

1st tip make sure you do not have the optimize network connection or what ever that option is in the advanced menu it is for high speed connections only 2nd tip make sure you are hard wired cause wireless sucks 3rd tip check your speed cause 50 up is beyond fucking amazing I have never heard of internet that fast for private use not even most companies have speeds that fast. I would bet your upload speed is well below 1 and that often times it laggs out cause programs to think you have disconnected My connection speed is crazy fast for private use and it's only 35ish down and 3-5 up the company I work @ only has about 26 for their up which is crazy fast maybe you just hit and extra 0 but don't know of any home service that would reach those speeds.

one last tip make sure you got VP and have scanned your computer
    Last edited by WReck; 2011-09-26 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WReck: Im certain, checked it multiple times. Cant link the results though

Shadowkras: Already done it, nothing useful there.

The Rest: Thanks alot for the replies, Ill try to call them and see what happens =)