Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    So buying something off the AH for 1s and flipping it for a few thousand gold is bad, but buying a recipe for 10g and flipping it for 25k is okay? I guess what's good for the goose is ~not~ good for the gander after all.
    This is so disingenuous I wasn't even going to reply. But on the off chance you're really this clueless, the difference is that I found it on a regular faction AH while doing my normal searching. My intent was just to look for deals, as I do usually once every 2 days or so (lazy).

Neutral sniping involves the specific intent of ruining someone's day by stealing from them and then using game mechanics to justify & rationalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    This is so disingenuous I wasn't even going to reply. But on the off chance you're really this clueless, the difference is that I found it on a regular faction AH while doing my normal searching. My intent was just to look for deals, as I do usually once every 2 days or so (lazy).

Neutral sniping involves the specific intent of ruining someone's day by stealing from them and then using game mechanics to justify & rationalize it.
    It simply boggles my mind that you don't see the correlation between finding a good deal on the regular AH and buying it for the express purpose of reselling it, and doing the same thing with the neutral auction house.

Your implication is that everyone does it for the express purpose of screwing someone over, which is simply not true. I'm sure some people do it, but the majority of us do it because it's one of the quickest ways to make money in this game. You can vilify us all you want, but the fact remains that you're just making sweeping generalizations based on popular opinion.

And we all know what they say about opinions.

I guess my best bargain was when I bought the earthen scale sabatons recipe for 1.4k. I have seen these for go for 6-10k. I sold it (since I bought one the day earlier for 6k) for 8.4k after cut. Of course this is nothing compared to some of the deals that have been posted so far lol.

Even if all you did was fly around mining and/or herbing you'd make more than you make sitting at the neutral AH refreshing it every 5 seconds. But for people like you I guess the thrill is in screwing other people. You're what prevents our species from progressing. You must be proud.
    Your implication is that everyone does it for the express purpose of screwing someone over, which is simply not true.
    I know you're desperate to justify your behavior, but I'm a little surprised you failed to read the thread in your haste to defend being scum.

Tabard of the Lightbringer on my AH for 50k. Yeah I couldn't believe it either, hahah. Made a fkn killing off that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recipe: Savoury Deviate Delight for 50g in TBC. They're so common now.

It simply boggles my mind that you don't see the correlation between finding a good deal on the regular AH and buying it for the express purpose of reselling it, and doing the same thing with the neutral auction house.

Your implication is that everyone does it for the express purpose of screwing someone over, which is simply not true. I'm sure some people do it, but the majority of us do it because it's one of the quickest ways to make money in this game. You can vilify us all you want, but the fact remains that you're just making sweeping generalizations based on popular opinion.

And we all know what they say about opinions.
    I think the point is that deals you get by buying cheaply priced stuff off of the normal AH is better than the ones from the neutral AH because the people posting on the actual AH actually want to sell their items and put a low price where as the neutral AH poster is transferring items and does not intend to sell them to you.

The other difference is that when you snipe off of the neutral AH you are taking from someone else to profit but on the normal AH both parties profit(unless the poster accidentally posted below his cost).

I see people camping the neutral AH for 12+ hrs a day on my server and even if you can make a lot of gold it is surely not a good gold/hr rate. You would have to make tens of thousands of gold per day to make it worthwhile.

I know you're desperate to justify your behavior, but I'm a little surprised you failed to read the thread in your haste to defend being scum.
    Careful, now you're just plain flaming me. I'm not sure what's happened to you in the past to get your panties so on fire about this topic, but that's no reason to pull out your torch and pitchfork.

Even if all you did was fly around mining and/or herbing you'd make more than you make sitting at the neutral AH refreshing it every 5 seconds. But for people like you I guess the thrill is in screwing other people. You're what prevents our species from progressing. You must be proud.
    Important part highlighted. You said so yourself that you think people do it expressly for screwing other people over.
    Last edited by halmotors; 2011-10-01 at 10:48 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

so placing it at low price to save self from paying AH cut is ok, but getting outgamed and losing out b/c you're greedy isnt ok? this logic is mind boggling and shows that your acceptance of risk free circumvention of game mechanics makes people like YOU the problem with society not those following the no risk/no gain model
    tl/dr people who cheat to save gold deserve getting bent over

Never been lucky myself but the other day a friend snatched the BoE shield from Beth'tilac for 13K and resold for 40K.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never been truly lucky. But I have bought about 50 stacks of netherweave cloth for 5g each. Making bags out of them and sold them for 45g each (they were expensive at the time). About 2k profit =)

Deleted
    My partner just bought the masterwork elementium spellblade for under 1.5k, its currently back on the ah for 8k so lets see how that goes

Spectral Tiger for 50k.

Bought the azure whelpling for 5g on AH (low level guy selling it), sold it later on for 5k :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    The sceptic in me thinks it's very possible the guy in the SS posted the tiger himself, then bought it out again fast, although he would have to have balls of steel...
    One cannot bid or purchase one's own auctions.

Deleted
    10gold for the white kitten. Although I don't think it is considered as valuable as it was back then.

I traded a Darkmoon Stones deck, for the Volcano deck, some guy was after it for his tank i presume, and put the volcano deck up for 11k before DMF and it sold within a few minutes.

Ive crafted and sold the 365 gun also, buying the mats for a grand total of 3500 gold off the ah and stuck it back on for it to have sold within an hour for 14k.

It seems rather crap though, that since the molten front, all ive got item wise while doing those dailies is epics.. shame they are only selling for around 1k gold nowadays

Started a new server, so not much gold.
    Around level 30 I see Six Demon Bag for 38 gold, sold it a week later for 900!

Tabard of the lightbringer for 30k, put it on the ah for lulz at 150k and it sold. Was still in wrath.

You said so yourself that you think people do it expressly for screwing other people over.
    Yes, I logically explained how there's little other reason aside from a fluke. You could make more money flying around herbing / mining, ergo your intent is to ruin someone else's day.

On top of disliking someone whose own life is so crappy they only find joy in harming people, I also simply find it pathetic that you'd sit there all day refreshing the AH instead of playing the game or doing something else you enjoy which isn't contrary to civilization (as theft is).

During vanilla I found a few hundred bijous on the neutral AH for 1cp each. Back then they were needed for ZG rep which was needed for head enchants, even if your guild was past that content. As such they were expensive in bulk. I thought it might be a fluke or something, but I picked them up because it was like seeing free money - you'd pick it up asap and wonder about it later on. I got a whisper from someone from my server's only good guild asking about it.

The guild were assholes too. They had transferred to our dead, newb-recommended server specifically to be the big fish in the small pond for the AQ gates opening. They were very insular, not accepting applications from anyone on the server. They never talked to anyone outside the guild or were social in any way. Much later on, after AQ, one of their healers did ZG with us and just bitched & moaned about how terrible we were until I alt-F4'd - no idea how long it continued after that.

The fact I didn't like them didn't turn me into a jackass who would steal from people though. The thought never occurred to me, a decent person doesn't have different rules for different people. So I quickly caught up with him & traded them all to him. Too bad most people are little removed from our distant primate ancestors.
    Last edited by baelon; 2011-10-02 at 12:58 AM.