Video edit question. Smaller screen

Hello

So i have been making some videos recently for the first time, Several things i am noticing and was hoping if anyone can help me out

So here is a pic of what the video looks like after i first finish recording (Link due to it being too big)
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2edavb9.png

Right there it is completely full screen, As i like it / want it

After i finish the video i go in my folder, And the video (Lets putt my 2:00 video for example) Is 1GB in space, So i click on Windows Live Movie Maker, And add anything i want to it, End credits / Flashy starting effect etc. And i hit "Save movie As" And i have two options, HD 1080P or HD 720P

After i chose one of those options the file size shrinks drastically (Which is good cause it loads to youtube 1000X faster) But the screen shrinks. Here is a screen shot after i chose the save as 1080P
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2ngwrye.png

Now. Not a huge difference in screen sise. But would rather it be full screen. - Also after this the video dropped from 1GB to only 20MB - Why is this? How come it dropped so low from sooo much?

I uploaded my first video to youtube right after recording when it was at 1+GB, And it took several hours. But after doing this and the size decreased it took only a minute or two.

So my question is, Is there a way to do what i am doing but have the video screen size be exactly how it is right after i get done recording it from in-game?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raw video is mind bogglingly huge. That said, that seems a bit drastic in drop if you're using a 1080p setting. Not sure exactly how to get around this without downloading an alternative. There's a "free software" thread in the sticky index. I'd check that out for video editing.

The recorded file is that big because it's a raw file (the best quality).
    To your shrinking problem, I think Movie Maker fucks up with the resolution. Try another video editing program, I recommend Sony Vegas if you can get your hands on it, Windows Movie Maker is horrible (or at least was)
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Create new custom profile with the exact screen size, ie. 1600x900, and at least 5000 bitrate (and same framerate you're capping in game, if fraps is 30fps, make the custom profile 30fps etc). Also set the WLMM into 16:9 widescreen mode from 4:3 fullscreen before starting. That way you should be getting out best possible quality from youtube.

But because 1600x900 is smaller than 1080p youtube will mangle it to 720p only. if you want to keep best possible quality, you need to use 1920x1080 settings in WLMM which leaves small black bars to all sides of the screen. In the second screenshot the video was not actually shrinked, but black bars added on it. If you watch it on 1920x1080 monitor they see the image perfect with no shrinking, but it will look worse with your smaller 1600x900 screen. Switching to Sony Vegas or anything else will not fix this issue with youtube. They support only 720p and 1080p HD resolutions, not 1600x900 or any other in-between sizes.

Size reduction is normal btw. Fraps saves the videos without any compression, when you save WMV from WLMM, the video is packed with lossy compression such as mp3 for example. On mp3 music 80% (320kbps) to 92% (128kbps) of the original data is deleted which sometimes causes audible problems. In video compression it's usually 95-99% of the original data that gets discarded which shows as weird blocks in moving parts of the picture. As you can imagine, just a picture with somebody talking can be easily reduced to 1% of the original when only mouth moves.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.