Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    FYI, I merged the two Dominion discussion threads for the sake of simplicity. Multiple discussions about similar things are cool, just try not to have two discussions about the same thing going on in different threads, it makes panda's cry.
    So thats why I was getting so utterly confused as to why my posts in the other thread stating that there was already a thread about this topic were also appearing in this one.

I don't like it. Too much deathmatch and not enough Summoner's Rift. I really would have prefered Magma Chamber, or any other proper 5v5 map.
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."

I'm glad they finally turned this on. Lots more fun than SR

I agree with a lot of what have been said, it is simply too much carry by certain kind of champions, because its more about the CC and control to keep it, then it is about "ZOMG NUKE".
    And even if 1 team where to run 5 togheter, the other team could split to be way more efficient, so you wont be able to do team ganking the same way.
    Personally, I prefer the normal game mode and will stick to normal game mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the fast-paced feel of Dominion; it's nice to get into a game, go all out constantly, then do something else afterwards.
    Champion-wise on Dominion seems to be that movespeed Champions along with one or two tanky-dps (e.g. Jax, Irelia) are a good choice if coordinated well enough [which can be said about most comps, but whatevs :P].
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Get 5 tanky dps and win dominion. Seriously its as simple as that. People dont build resist anyway in this mode, so even if you got 5 tanky-ad-bruiser, you are fine.

Get 5 champions who are usually solo top, and win the game. Its sad but it works flawlessly.

Its uber unbalanced right now, Ill wait it out and only do 5v5 chill premades in it, It isnt ready for real action yet as many of the other posts told why

Deleted
    In beta tests I was kinda excited,after 4 games i realized that if ppl want to go full squicy ap team will be a massacre.Imo I like the concept of having bruisers fighting and using unique mechanics to make enemies abadon the capture,plus we can actually see eve more in-game after the heavy nerf bat that she suffered.

Deleted
    Fired up and ready to serve! All you need in Dominion tbh (That's a Blitzcrank quote btw)

Definitely a lot of fun. I have been playing Ryze like its my job and hes pretty epic so far.

Deleted
    I must admit when i played the late beta of dominion with my friends we had TONS of fun. Teemo is a beast in dominion! I'll agree that you can't really play squishy carries like MF, Ashe etc cause they need to be baby sitted by a support which you can't really do in dominion.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people have no idea how to play. I.e I say I go solo bot and then all my team goes bot too O.o or we keep 3 bases and it is like 50:50 resources and my team decides to go in the jungle, leave bases unguarded which leads into lost match. From all my games yesterday I was ranked 1st in almost every match and I've won only 2. It was sad On the other hand it is fun to guard tower alone and score triple kill Assassins are also quite strong there (Katarina, Akali, Talon)

Deleted
    I like it, basically I play defensively (like heimer) but on AP shaco.

With very humorous results.

15+ Year Old Account
    i do like it. it's fun, it's a deathmatch, it's not too long, you get OP faster, etc but it's not something i could play for hours and hours. and yeah people either don't know how to pick or play the map or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that tanky-dps champions are a bit stronger, and from my experience I havnt seen alot of casters (based on 4 games), but so far I'm enjoying it. Really enjoyed playing as Renekton and Rumble.. Also noticed quite a few characters who stand out here rather than in regular summoners rift: Evelyn, although i still dont like her, is fast to get from node to node, and Heimerdinger has a pretty beast defence.

Deleted
    Anyone with burst or sustained damage is very strong
    i.e. Akali, Katarina and Xin Zhao are amazing
    Basically think of champions who can gank really well and thats who is good on this map

A lot of people say Garen is good on it but after his spin what does he do?

Btw I'm new here so hi :L

I'm really not much of a fan of Dominion. It takes away most of the tactical play from the normal game and boils it down to a small fight arena. It's fast, yes, and that can be fun every so often, but the fact that several heroes are simply terrible in it makes me sad, and I personally like my games to have a bit more punishment for not performing well early. There really isn't any here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumble is one of the most dangerous things you can face when it comes to Dominion. Especially a well-built, thought out tanky Rumble.

Pick up your Q, W, and E right off the bat and go x2 Amp Tomes, Boot1, and however many Health Pots you want. Then just hit the ground running, leveling your W first (survival is key) and your Q second.

Use your R to keep a fleeing champion from getting too far, interrupting a capture, or even to initiate for your team from around a corner.

Deleted
    The fact that you can always turn the tide is something I realy like about Dominion, since I realy like playing very agressively, and I think when people realise that this is exactly what dominion wants from you, I think it will be a lot of fun.
    I love champions that can go all out in short intervals like Riven or Talon and these guys are also exactly what Dominion favors, even though the tanky DPS champions like Renekton and such work better. Having a large healthpool and ways to CC your enemies is far more important than on SR, where I rarely if ever bought items other than armor or resist when playing a tanky character (with the occasional banshee or sunfire, but never warmong or randuin).
    Since you dont worry so much about positioning either you can just charge in from wherever you want and don't have to hope for the best, since then it's all about champion mechanics and item builds.

I like Dominion in that it has the ability to completely redefine how we view most champions. Eve is useful again, AD Sona is actually probably her go-to build now, etc.

I don't like how you get the same exp/IP as co-op games, though, even if they are faster....WTB a way to get to 6300 IP quicker (without actually buying anything) >_>