Poll: Which side will you play?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    cant you have both at the same time? (2 differents chars ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post
    I want to say, 90% assurity, yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post
    You can ofcourse, but you always play more on one then the other in the end.

For the Horde! Erm.. I mean the Empire!
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted
    Gray Imperial Agent

Gonna be playing a Sith Juggernauth, empire aaaaw yeah
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    Republic because I see most are going Empire and I think Republic will have less kids :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing a Miraluka Consular.

For The Republic!!!
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Am going to play on both sides.Empire does seem like its gonna be filled with the hipsters saying things like "lOLz RepUbLix suckZ"

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Ya, because the kids will not want to play the Vader or Darth Maul side. Oh wait, that is exactly what they will do. What would attract kids to the republic? No playable Yoda last I checked, although that upsets me

The main thing that attracted kids to Alliance early on was perhaps the human race choice and Empire can be humans. No kids care about order and restraint; they want to raise hell and get rewarded for doing so.

I also want to point out that the republic has no association with modern day republicans. If any side more closely resembled our current republican party it would be the empire. The modern day republican party is also drastically different than what the founders had in mind, but I shall not go in details further on a TOR site.

The side with the largest population is most likely also the side with the most "kiddies" and "baddies". Popular choice is nothing more than a good indicator of where the sheep will be. I do not want to be on that side - whichever side it is.
    most kids i see idolize Jedi knights and the good side of things, empire will be more rebellious imo.

Empire, sith inquisitor. Because Force owns.

though of course eventually I'll have all the classes on all the sides if I like that game.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Empire will be the "popular" choice. All the trolls and retards can stay on that side, far far away from my Republic.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very curious as to where that 10.41% undecided will go. ANd I'm also glad to see that the faction imbalance isn't all that bad, at least it could be a heck of a lot worse, but within 15% is decent.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

I plan on playing both sides for obvious reasons.

I chose Empire though because I definitely want to start out with an Imperial Agent (so rad!). I don't even plan on being "Sith" really, definitely going to follow my own story. Just the IA is so awesome I cannot resist!

They do allow narcissistic independent folks right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    most kids i see idolize Jedi knights and the good side of things, empire will be more rebellious imo.
    The Empire does not want rebels. They want sheep that follow orders. Rebels are exactly what the Empire does not want (flash forward to 4-6). If the majority of players are Empire then playing Republic will be the rebellious choice, which is ironic because that is pretty much how the rebel forces began - Empire control.

Democracy requires rebellious figures because it is the job of the citizens to question authority. Unquestioned authority is pretty much what the Empire wants.

All said and done, from my experiences, the server that you play on and its players will determine faction control. I am sure there will be Republic dominated servers as well as Empire. Same as with WoW.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    I've never been fond of the holier-than-thou types, so as a roleplayer it's very important that I choose the right faction that is most relevant to my interests. For the time being, I'm leaning more towards playing a Sith, since I just love playing the more morally grey - not evil - types in games. He'll do what it takes for survival and power, but he'll also be quite honourable when it comes to his allies.
    Sith options are sort of like this:

Kill
    Maim
    Kill & Maim

Okay, I kid, but it's usually chosing a lesser of two evils rather than a morally grey option. At least the first few levels.

Jedi is mostly Super Good, Slightly Good, Rebellios Option.

Republic Trooper....

FOR THE REPUBLIC!

15+ Year Old Account
    Empire, for the sole fact that I enjoyed playing on the dark side a lot more in my many playthroughs of Kotor 1 & 2. Will most probably try out Republic too at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    For the Horde! Erm.. I mean the Empire!
    "For the Republic." the Sith have "Republic Scum" as a battle cry. Sorry most good Horde Players will play Republic, where as most good Alliance Players will be Sith. Geez.

For all those that say "Oh I'm going X because Z gonna have a lot more kids playing" ,
    On the offical swtor site they have a poll "How old you are and which side will you play"

There is no need for me to say the stats, you can check it yourself.

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=98236