Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i say we group up on guild wars to help each other knock out titles and stuff. but im pretty sure the majority of us only want to work on our warriors >_>
    I laugh, because it is absolutely true. I hate playing anything but my Warrior, and despise the fact that I have to have an Ele and a Monk for farming purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I so wish I hadn't started with a warrior for my HoM.
    I figured it was a smart choice for survivability while I was a noob, but I still can't find a decent build.
    Here are a couple of Axe builds I came up with that has served me well since coming back to GW:

This [OQASEZJTIOZf4N7g/EvlGW0k] is what I'm currently running as it has some counter to blocking (Rangers, primarily) and, in theory, Asura Scan should work around Blindness (still need to test that);
    This [OQASEZJTgPZfTFxk8V4kGW0k] is what I ran for quite a long time as it has pretty good spike damage via high-powered axe attacks and especially "Finish Him!"
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Here are a couple of Axe builds I came up with that has served me well since coming back to GW:

This [OQASEZJTIOZf4N7g/EvlGW0k] is what I'm currently running as it has some counter to blocking (Rangers, primarily) and, in theory, Asura Scan should work around Blindness (still need to test that);
    This [OQASEZJTgPZfTFxk8V4kGW0k] is what I ran for quite a long time as it has pretty good spike damage via high-powered axe attacks and especially "Finish Him!"
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I laugh, because it is absolutely true. I hate playing anything but my Warrior, and despise the fact that I have to have an Ele and a Monk for farming purposes.

Asuran scan does work around blindness, it's a staple skill on my assassin. With asuran scan on an enemy, nothing can stop you from hitting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Asuran scan does work around blindness, it's a staple skill on my assassin. With asuran scan on an enemy, nothing can stop you from hitting it.
    Really? Sweet. Gonna have to shuffle some skills about, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I so wish I hadn't started with a warrior for my HoM.
    I figured it was a smart choice for survivability while I was a noob, but I still can't find a decent build.
    For the first month I was wishing I hadn't started an assassin to do HoM, but once I got a discord build going I've been okay. I am defintely the weakest member of my team, though. I just use Assassin's Promise on a mob and then order my necros to focus fire it - half the time I don't even engage. =p

I also wish I didn't start on my warrior for my HoM. If anyone here is considering doing HoM stuff, the best classes to easymode through everything is ele-necro-mesmer classes with an assassin secondary (or you can be a spirit spam rit, those are very nice too). Using assassin's promise + pve skills is just faceroll with discord necros.

Don't roll a warrior unless you want to be frustrated. You can use Asuran Scan, but spamming that skill on multiple targets with 2 pips of energy regen blows. If you really want to play a melee class, I suggest dervish or assassin. Both have 4 pip energy regen so you can atleast have the chance of using a staff and be a caster once in a while :P

found a video that explains how to get 10 zaishen keys for free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtxgr...eature=related

i would also recommend the channel videos as they are very noob friendly videos

the channel is run by doombox

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    ah man i started a warrior...now reading this i feal kinda blah.
    I should state that it's my opinion about melee in the game. If you're just planning on getting 30/50 then rolling a warrior is no issue at all. I am at 48/50 atm and that was my experience, having VQ'd all 3 campaigns. You DO NOT need to VQ any campaigns at all for 30/50 so if you're just after items you are fine.

That said, warrior is completely doable even for 50/50 (and 30/30), it'll just test your patience sometimes. It just sucks when you get hit by clusiness/ineptitude every 3 seconds or get blocked/evaded/blinded by a ton of mobs. And running from mob to mob.. (since you can get bodyblocked ingame).

Personally, an ele is by far the most versatile class for gw1 and can do a multitude of things. If I had a chance to redo I would pick that class. Necro isn't bad at all since shit is dying everywhere since your team is killing so fast. It's easy to spam a ton more spells as a necro to make stuff die even faster because of soul reaping from deaths. Mesmer is alright since a lot of their spells are armor ignoring. Wastrel's Demise on multiple targets is lol. This is all speaking from a Assassin's Promise/Vanguard Support/YMLAD/Finish Him pve build perspective.
    Last edited by aej; 2011-10-02 at 09:44 AM.

The good thing about melee is that you can flag your heroes back a bit and act as a tank+aoe dmg dealer, you can go with hundred blades+nightmare weapon(hero)+whirlwind attack+mark of pain(hero) and wreck havoc if you bring some tank skills.

Deleted
    how long does it take to get to 22?

Deleted
    ah man i started a warrior...now reading this i feal kinda blah.
    Warrior is just fine. Warrior with Hundred Blades+Whirlwind Attack paired with hero that have Splinter Weapon and things will just blow up wherever you move. Plus warrior profession have most OP PvE skill in game "Save Yourselves!" which turn hard mode areas to easy mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Up to 6 now! :3 Slowly but surely I am making my way to 25. I dunno if I want to get 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Kael. I think if you make it to 25 you might as well go for 30! 20 was my initial goal but I've already hit that so I figure I'll just go to 30. Taking a little bit of a break though until December. Too much RL stuff to do and plenty of time to get HoM points still.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that you start this stuff? I'm leveling a ritualist because i heard there the easiest to do the stuff with. NO idea what second pro i'll pick.
    need to 1) have eye of the north and then 2) go to the eye of the north expansion via the quest in (your case) keineng city which will send you through the depths of tyria

after that theres a few quests until you reach the eye of the north where the hall of monuments is and you get your first tapestry, after that you need to complete the branches of the main questline to get the other 3 tapestries
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

If it has not yet been mentioned, the HoM Reward Calculator is a good utility to see what you have and what you don't have to plan your progress. You can access this utility from directly in-game, too, by traveling to your Hall and speaking with, I believe, Kimmes the Historian.

Just got all the tapestries and now need to finish getting 30 points. On 6 at the moment...

eh it goes fast mothhive, the biggest thing is to compete all the campaigns first so you have access to all zones and skills

i think all said and done took me about 2 months to get to 30/50
    Last edited by Paladuin; 2011-10-03 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont enjoy playing by myself, i never have its much more entertaining to play with others, mindlessly running triple necros on vanqs is just... blugh...

still 10 points to go...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I am at 27 right now, but I have enough ectos to get it to 45 in the next couple weeks. Will have to get guardian in tyria and elona too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i just dont enjoy playing by myself, i never have its much more entertaining to play with others, mindlessly running triple necros on vanqs is just... blugh...

still 10 points to go...
    One of the reasons I went to, and stayed with, WoW for so long; one of the reasons I'm looking forwards to GW2 over ToR.