Thread: Darth title?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Darth title?

Read on here that there will be Darth titles?? Anyone have info on that? I planned on using a first and last name like in Galaxies, can I do that in TOR? And what happens if you get the Darth title, can you change your name then? Example (first name) Dooku became Darth Tyranus. If so do YOU choose the name or does the game?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

This may or may not have contained NDA information. -Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-09-27 at 08:12 PM.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

15+ Year Old Account
    Titles will work like WoW. They will just tack on to the front or back of your name. The location of the title Darth, if it has been officially confirmed, is unknown and will remain that way until the NDA drops. As for naming rules, there are no first and last names as of yet. I believe the official naming rules so far are one word with the use of hyphens and apostrophes allowed.

Rumour on the TOR forums is its a PvP title, not sure of truth to it or not.

However titles work like WoW titles, no name change, if you wanna be "Darth Awesome" your name would have to be "Awesome".

Hehe no I wasn't breaking the NDA that I know of, although it could have been second-hand NDA breaking. I heard it on the TOR forums.

In any case I DO know the Darth title is confirmed, and I SUPER know I wants it bad ^^ I might even decide on a name based on the existence of the title.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

The existence of the Darth title was discussed on Gamebreaker's "The Republic" umm I think over a month ago. They have co-host(s) in the beta and are very careful not to spill anything that wasn't already released.

It might end up being weird, because the title "Darth" is essentially the pinnacle of achievements, given respectfully to only those few of utmost dark force power. Sort of like the Emperor's right hand men/women. Seeing a hundred of them standing around the cantina is going to be strange..

edit:
    Darth Title Specifics | 09.14.2011 , 05:31 PM (it's not NDA protected - verified):
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9117927
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-27 at 08:29 PM.

yay rumors, i've heard that it will either be PvP like said above or for being the most absolute evil sith you can (ie choosing ALL if not close to all bad choices throughout leveling and such) but again they are rumors so who knows.
    i for one dont even want it, with all the people that do want it, it will have to be REALLY hard to get (which it should be honestly, cant just have a ton of Darths running around)

Quote Originally Posted by Saj9010 View Post
    "Darth will absolutely be off-limits when creating names." - Daniel Erickson

Ahh that's cool, so we won't see any "Darth Darthcharactername" players running around.

its going to be a story reward, and I guess pretty much EVERYONE will have it, so I wouldnt create my charactter name that it goes well with the title, it might get boring fast

From what I remember from interview references, the devs strongly hinted that the Darth title would be tied to your class story. In other words, earning the Darth title meant you had to play through your class story and you had to choose the correct story decisions to lead your story to gaining the Darth title. Otherwise you might earn a different title, or no title at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    "Darth will absolutely be off-limits when creating names." - Daniel Erickson

Ahh that's cool, so we won't see any "Darth Darthcharactername" players running around.
    honestly that is so great to know...
    im gonna go with my go to MMO name no matter what so it doesnt really matter to me but hopefully they have some more cool titles other then "Darth".

They have already announced publicly alot of names are banned like Darth, obi or the use of won, a few others
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj9010 View Post
    TYVM for this link.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are going to be class based titles. I forget the republic one though.

Darth titles are confirmed, how you get them? Is not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEden View Post
    I'm sure it will be from a class quest of somesort.

15+ Year Old Account
    read the official post that was linked in this thread, part of the class questline according to AngryErickson ( what you know his look, hes pissed off and about to break away!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I'm sure it will be from a class quest of somesort.
    Most probably, they have hinted at. That it's gonna be hard. Which it should. I wouldnt like to se X amount of Darths running around... What will happend with the Rule of 2 then

Most probably, they have hinted at. That it's gonna be hard. Which it should. I wouldnt like to se X amount of Darths running around... What will happend with the Rule of 2 then
    The Rule of 2 doesn't exist yet as we know it, the Dark Council pretty much confirms this. Revan was one of the first to have a Rule of Two but Bane is considered the "creator" of The Rule of Two after studying Revan's holocron. If you read any of the Bane books you'll know that during his time(which is after the time we will be playing in) there was a ton of Sith running around with Dark Lord or Darth titles and can therefore reasonably assume that it was they same in the time before him. There were so many Sith running around that Bane felt that the power of the dark side was diluted which led to the creation of the Rule.

I'm with you that I'd prefer not to see hundreds of Darth's running around though.
    Last edited by Temeluchus; 2011-09-27 at 10:29 PM.