Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dark Intent to arcane mage with legendary?

Hi all,

I am currently raiding in a 25 man guild pushing heroic content, our GM has lately completed the legendary staff and is top dps.

He is a mage and raids as Arcane.
    I raid as Demonology.
    Our other warlock is Affliction.

He is requesting one of the Dark Intent buffs now of which there are 2, but I believe they would still be more beneficial on our shadow priests.

Does anyone know of any theory crafting which has been done on this particular subject, or a way of finding out which leads to the greater benefit?

I've never used simulation craft, but if it could show what I need I'd be willing to try and figure it out.

Don't give it to him.

You benefit 0 from it.

he just wants his personal haste buff. neither of you would benefit as much as giving it to the spriest because arcane mages have no dots

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

He has no dots to increase the damage on, he has no dots to proc the bonus for you. Raid dmg overall would go down, he just wants 3% haste to be selfish.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

There is no reason to theory craft any of this. Arcane Mages have zero dots, no benefits will be gained. Keeping it on spriests or boomkins is still the best choice, legendary or not.

13) Arcane Mage 62%

You have 12 other targets that are better than your GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty selfish that he would take it from one of your Shadow Priests, but he's the GM so I dunno.

As an arc mage w/ the staff, it's great for simple farm content first or second week with staff to push rankings, but for anything serious or long term benefits, no.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't missles count as a dot for mechanics like procing DI and the Staff proc? Even if they do I'm still saying no don't give it to him

Death improves everyone's reputation...

An arcane mage would really only benefit from the 3% haste which he shouldn't need to get to the haste cap. However, it probably would be better on him if he went fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would give it to a DK before an arcane mage.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays an Arcane Mage, do NOT give it to him. He would drag the total raid dps down since he has no dots to benefit from it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobe View Post
    13) Arcane Mage 62%

You have 12 other targets that are better than your GM.
    That's assuming all do the same DPS to begin with, basically. Even with the legendary, it will be better on others anyway.

Speaking as an officer,

1) Talk to the most rational of the guild's officers.
    2) Tell said officer that you don't think its the best for the guild that your GM wants to whore it up on recount (be polite).
    3) Suggest that DI would be of best use on a class that actually has DoTs.
    4) Let the officer talk to other officers and handle it.

We had a Shadow Priest constantly pester our Arcane Mage for Focus Magic so he had a better chance of topping DPS meters while we had other people who could have made better use of it. I sorted that out quick. If you can't trust your officers to do likewise, even if its the GM, you're probably better off in a different guild.

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Haste isnt even that good for arcane anymore. Is he dumb? Just tell him to go fire.
    Not derailing this but haste is First/Second stat after hit, by a considerable margin. (they flip but remain within .1-1.5 DPS of eachother). Point is he does benefit from it just not much - as said if he's just having some fun first or second week no reason not to for parsing purposes, but as a whole staff or no staff it's still Spriests/Boomkins who should predominantly get DI.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Every time you DI an arcane mage, god doesn't kill a kitten.

You are a warlock, right? You like dead kittens, right?

Give it to somebody with dots or hots. If the guild leader doesn't like it, tough. Sure, he wants to look pimp on meters, but if he is willing to compromise his raid output to do it he isn't leading at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Your guild sounds like fun.

And no, an arcane mage would pretty much be the last one to get DI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, arcane mage gets first legendary, THEN asks for di....

Gm is being a greedy little piggy. lol

no never no benefits, greedy old bastards our mages are

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as he's arcane he shouldn't getting your DI its a raid dps loss.

Made by dubbelbasse