Rp and community

So to all you rift players, can you tell me a little about how the community is on your server? Or how the RP is on the rp servers if you actually play on one. Much appreciated !

(Think im the first here! WOOOT)

I'd played on Shadefallen - RP-PvE (US) and it was very quiet. Don't think I saw any RP while I was on there, or any RP guilds recruiting either. Prior to that I played on Sunrest, RP-PvP. It was a very active realm but I saw no RP, and no RP guilds recruiting and no interest in RP.

I've heard Faeblight is the place to be. And that Defiants in general are more RP friendly (I was a Guardian).
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

My first server was turned into a trial server, so I moved to Lotham where I renamed my character "Anthem" Then, when all the guilds vacated Lotham I tansfered with my guild to Deepstrike where i named my character "Fingerbox". I can only speak for the community on Lotham as I was there the longest. They were douchebags.

RP'rs for Rift I think hide out on a external site to keep from being messed with

http://www.riftrp.com/

From what I hear Sunrest is pretty tight knit community with Gaioisch family on it? They have like 1,000 members in their guild and host a lot of events. Good part about that site is the rp devs hang out there lol

Deleted
    In my opinion, the community is very helpful and kind (at least on my server), but unfortunately i cannot say anything about the role play, as i haven't experienced that.

It's really hard to judge community because no one really sees everything. On Byriel, the people talking in level 50 chat are generally the same people and it is a large server. Most people appear to be keeping to guild chat for the most part. I've seen my share of jerks and nice people on that server and others but that really is expected in an MMO. There's some luck involved and maybe you log on at times when the bad apples show up.

Since server transfers are free, you can pick a decently populated server and give it a try. I don't roleplay so i can't really say much about it.

I play on Silkweb and in my experiences it is a decent server.

Pretty quiet in the chat channels for the most part and what chat there is seems to be pretty low key and just normal chatting.Really no trolls or many trouble makers that I have seen and the community as a whole seems pretty tight knit and helpful.

Definitely a far sight better than any WoW server and community that is for sure.

Even running pugs for the dungeons is actually enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post

Definitely a far sight better than any WoW server and community that is for sure.
    No comment on that statement. WoW's RP community thrives despite being the least supported part of the game while Rift's RP community seems to be supported very well, if only slightly more tight knit. A kernel of agreement despite the statement seeming a bit...debatable.

I just wanted to say that, I've got nothing to add aside from a question.

"Aside from Rift-RP, how well has the community stuck together since the game's release? Are their idiotic server rivalries or has free transfers made that a bygone thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhron View Post

"Aside from Rift-RP, how well has the community stuck together since the game's release? Are their idiotic server rivalries or has free transfers made that a bygone thing?"
    There's a group of douchebags who think they're some kind of badasses. I forget the name of the guilds (There's two or three.) Anyway, they'll make a post on your server forums asking how's the pvp, then they'll transfer to your server and talk shit in game and on the forums. Then you'll kick their ass and they'll leave making a QQ post on your forums about how "The PvP here sucked there's no challenge we're the best players in the game etc. etc." Other than that I've not heard about any specific rivalries.

Deleted
    I play on Argent-EU (RP-PVE) and I've only seen RPing once, It was at a Crafting Rift run with both Defiants and Guardians, some of the people there were arguing between the faction, it was kind of a RP/trollfest if you may, I found it pretty funny, although since then I havent really seen any RPers

Quote Originally Posted by Goincommando View Post
    There's a group of douchebags who think they're some kind of badasses. I forget the name of the guilds (There's two or three.) Anyway, they'll make a post on your server forums asking how's the pvp, then they'll transfer to your server and talk shit in game and on the forums. Then you'll kick their ass and they'll leave making a QQ post on your forums about how "The PvP here sucked there's no challenge we're the best players in the game etc. etc." Other than that I've not heard about any specific rivalries.
    Sounds exactly like the one jerk I always seem to encounter on RP servers in WoW, who is either transferring every other week to and back because nobody will take him, and the other being awful in general.