Avengers Shield macro

SOrry if this has been asked before, but i would like to know if it is possible to make a macro that would equip my shield + 1 hand, then cast Avengers Shield, then re-equip my 2 handed axe. Seeing as AS is on a 15sec cooldown, I like changing back to my DPS axe for crusaders strike and judgements

This is for low levels so avengers shield is pretty strong, so far im doing this:

/stopcasting
    /equip Oggleflint's Inspirer
    /equip Ceremonial Buckler
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /equip Bloodied Arcanite Reaper

If its not possbile, il just go back to switching between them.

You cant change your equipment while in combat as far as I know, so its impossible to do what you want to do.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artiic View Post
    You cant change your equipment while in combat as far as I know, so its impossible to do what you want to do.
    weapons and shields are still able to be swapped, just not anything else

I'm pretty sure that equipping a new weapon causes a GCD, so that macro wouldn't work because the GCD would kick in after the weapon was equipped and stop the rest from working.

To make it work you'd have to have the shield and 1hander equiped by one macro. Then once the GCD occurs you could use Avengers Shield. Then you could equip the 2hander back. To put all that in 1 macro it's need /wait 1.5 to account or the GCDs but it would get interrupted if you spammed it or tried to use another ability.

Honestly it's probably easier to just stay with a 1hander/shield. It's not like mobs don't die fast if you don't use a 2hander.
    Last edited by Toatx; 2011-09-27 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    Never knew that, guess you learn something everyday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    Relics are also swappable (is that even a word... Ah well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon swap triggers GCD so you cant use a skill right after. BUT you can weapon swap during a GCD.

You need a crusader strike macro where you swich weapons after CS. And you'll also have normal CS on your bars.
    So whenever your Avengers Shield is coming out of cd you use the CS with swap macro otherwise use the normal CS.

And macro Avengers Shield to swap back 2h after the skill.

Swapping macros stop reset autoattack timer and its a bit too much work. But you dont have much to do until you get SotR anyway. Give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunnally View Post
    Relics are also swappable (is that even a word... Ah well).
    I think that's because the "relic" slot is still considered as a ranged weapon slot. Since it's technically a weapon slot, it can be changed out.

Not that swapping relics particularly matters anymore, since they're basic stat items now.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Weapon swap triggers GCD so you cant use a skill right after. BUT you can weapon swap during a GCD.

You need a crusader strike macro where you swich weapons after CS. And you'll also have normal CS on your bars.
    So whenever your Avengers Shield is coming out of cd you use the CS with swap macro otherwise use the normal CS.

And macro Avengers Shield to swap back 2h after the skill.

Swapping macros stop reset autoattack timer and its a bit too much work. But you dont have much to do until you get SotR anyway. Give it a try.
    OP, cool idea, and this response here is probably your best bet. If the idea is to be as powerful as you can be in low level BG's, I suggest holy spec in ret gear. 10-14 bracket is literally god-like especially if you are also human with your 2min pvp trink racial.

Use the macro /cast [@YOURNAME] Holy Shock and spam it as you cross the field to build up Holy Power, then you can use your Word of Glory for awesome heals, and it won't be on a CD. Holy Shock can be used offensively and defensively while also generating HP with CS. Very powerful setup. Add some twink gear on top of that and it just gets better.

HOWEVER,

in my search for twink gear last night I found that Horde have a LOT of low level quests that award blue gear and alliance have pretty much none... WTFOMGBLIZZFAVORSHORDE. So that is a bit irritating. 15-19 bracket may have better twinking results.

Thanks for your feedback

I am leveling as protection, but this macro is pretty much only for low level BGs.

For now, i have 1 macro that alternates between 1 hander and shield, and my 2 hander heirloom axe, so i run up with with 1 hander and shield, use avengers shield, switch back to heirloom axe, judgements and CS, people go down pretty quick. I have it all keybinded so can switch between things pretty quickly.

But i suppose the best way to make it easier now would be to do what was stated above, and just macro AS to switch back to the 2 hander after casting. (Would that work ? as AS also has a GCD).

If that macro i said in my OP worked, that would be.. OP