Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    K, second cap is 8089. I can hit it most likely if I gem for it. Which overall would be better? couple thousand crit, or the next cap?

also, how is gemming int over crit? int gives crit and SP which is huge.
    I wouldn't bother, especially sacrificing so much crit. Once you get Essence of Terror, you'll be hitting that cap on a lot of rotations anyways.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

SO frustrating every new update in MMO champ dev teams never mention Balance fixes..

Deleted
    But what do you want to fix, besides buggy starfall?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by benskicuz View Post
    SO frustrating every new update in MMO champ dev teams never mention Balance fixes..
    In order to fix some inconvinience in balance dps (mostly movement issues), you need to look deeper into design - there is no easy fix for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    In order to fix some inconvinience in balance dps (mostly movement issues), you need to look deeper into design - there is no easy fix for that.
    It is true, if we want to set us in the same line where for example warlocks are, devs need to create moonkins from scratch. It won`t happen. It is easier to reroll than believe in that kind of "fix".

Deleted
    Focus on refining your playing rather than worrying how YOU personally cant seem to beat certain classes.
    Last edited by mmoc9f4d225a42; 2012-12-08 at 06:16 PM.

I completely understand..Believe me I better my myself week after week and the improvements are there. But our class is lacking is what im saying or maybe im just a competitive nature and hate seeing myself not #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    It is true, if we want to set us in the same line where for example warlocks are, devs need to create moonkins from scratch. It won`t happen. It is easier to reroll than believe in that kind of "fix".

don't you think it is a bit hyperbolic to suggest that Balance would need to be completely redesigned from scratch like warlocks were?

Balance has some issues but it is nothing like the Cluster F***s that were Demonology and (oh god) Destruction in Cataclysm.

Warlocks (particularly destro and demo) had serious conceptual flaws, whereas i think Balance is conceptually sound and in general only has one or two buggy spells (starfall) and one or two mechanical drawbacks (mobility) which could be solved by less drastic changes than a complete overhaul.

Perhaps you don't play a warlock, but MoP Destro is a completely new spec with absolutely nothing in common with its anctecedents and unlike any other spec that have ever existed before in the game, and demo is nearly as a different.

If any classes are approaching a need for a Walock like complete redesign, i would say it was Enh Shamans and Hunters.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-12-12 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    As a moonkin player since WotLK I personally think the class is in a (mostly) fine spot now as far as mechanics are concerned. Most of the Cataclysm problems have been fixed (sometimes I miss Cataclysm-style Eclipse planning but overall the rotation feels smoother now). Movement on single target is still an issue (mostly losing NG and Eclipsed DoTs uptime plus low Lunar Shower DPS), but it doesn't need a complete rework of the class. The kind of changes needed are something like making Lunar Shower add Eclipse energy while outside Eclipse or buffing Dream of Cenarius to make Rejuv add one DoC charge so we could actually use that talent on some encounters. Not a whole redesign.

On the other hand, "QQ we're not #1 on the meters" is not an interesting debate IMHO. We have strengths and weaknesses relative to other classes and that's what we should expect if we want a game where every spec and encounter is different.
    Last edited by mmocb1c2b648c8; 2012-12-12 at 09:06 PM.

This is a cry for help.

I'm so lost this xpac in regards, to gemming and reforging.

I'm aiming for the 5273 haste break point should I only do this with enchants and reforges and leave gemming to crit unless I needed to reach the break point? Once I get to 4 piece T4 do I need to worry about the break point anymore? I'm a JC so I'll always use pure int gems when I can - is this the right thing to do?

Here is my armoury - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sapient/simple

ANY suggestions would be most welcome - I have the LFR chest piece in my bank - should I swap that with my current chest? I don't have the valour for the pants from Klaxxi and LFR/Sha hate me (and so do my coins and our bosses hate the vanq token for pants). Is the cloak I'm using okay? Is there a better cloak for me? I feel like such a noob in MoP and it's taken a lot for me to come here and ask for help because I used to be a fairly decent player. Just the math hurts my brain and I'm disappointed with the average numbers I'm pulling.

My current reforge/gemming is from AskMrRobot before I got my two trinkets. So it may be way off.

Again any help in wouldbe greatly appreciated.

^^wowreforge dot com and icy-veins have great info and can point you to good direction.

@My only gripe is not having some sort of execute, I guess you cant have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by benskicuz View Post
    ^^wowreforge dot com and icy-veins have great info and can point you to good direction.

Yeah nah - I've tried. It doesn't really help me - with the gems.

When I first started learning askmrrobot optimizes it for you if that what your looking for.
    Last edited by benskicuz; 2012-12-13 at 03:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Warlocks (particularly destro and demo) had serious conceptual flaws, whereas i think Balance is conceptually sound and in general only has one or two buggy spells (starfall) and one or two mechanical drawbacks (mobility) which could be solved by less drastic changes than a complete overhaul
    The problem with moonkin bad mobility lies in our dps mechanics - not by not having anything to do while moving. The thing is our instants are either a CD, or a proc (RNG) or not worth to cast because they overwrite buffed DoTs. Also, balance dps isn't really about "cast stuff that are off CD/do the most dps/refresh DoTs" - it's about constantly moving our eclipse bar. If our eclipse bar stops moving our dps goes out of the window and appart from RNG, we can't move our eclipse bar while moving.

We are really strong for short periods of time that occur in a cycle. If this cycle is stopped (by movement or longer AoE) we stop doing reasonable dps.

The problem with moonkin bad mobility lies in our dps mechanics - not by not having anything to do while moving. The thing is our instants are either a CD, or a proc (RNG) or not worth to cast because they overwrite buffed DoTs. Also, balance dps isn't really about "cast stuff that are off CD/do the most dps/refresh DoTs" - it's about constantly moving our eclipse bar. If our eclipse bar stops moving our dps goes out of the window and appart from RNG, we can't move our eclipse bar while moving.

We are really strong for short periods of time that occur in a cycle. If this cycle is stopped (by movement or longer AoE) we stop doing reasonable dps.
    Glyph of Astral Communion - allowing it to be cast while moving - would solve ALL above mentioned problems.

Some would say that it would be OP in PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    Glyph of Astral Communion - allowing it to be cast while moving - would solve ALL above mentioned problems.

Some would say that it would be OP in PvP though.
    Behold! http://www.wowdb.com/items/84397-dre...hide-spaulders
    4p bonus - Your Astral Communion ability can be used while moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    While excellent for what it does, it is too bad that it is only available as a PvP 4piece set bonus. A lot of PvE players would love to have that mechanic as well, and will not get it.

If it were a glyph i would take it in a heartbeat (we have really small selection of Balance glyphs anyway right now, i have been using glyphs of Prowl and Dash for lack of anything better).

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    I did not know that , probably because I have not done any pvp in MoP,
    but that only makes it easier to introduce it as a glyph, since it will not harm pvp balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I did not know that , probably because I have not done any pvp in MoP,
    but that only makes it easier to introduce it as a glyph, since it will not harm pvp balance.
    But in that case they would need to change 4piece bonus. However, I`d love to see that mobile AC in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    But in that case they would need to change 4piece bonus. However, I`d love to see that mobile AC in PVE.
    I agree. It many encounters it would be better than the current 4 set bonus.