Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Those adds die to passive cleave just by virtue of making their way into melee. Hitting them as a moonkin is 100% meter padding.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerdollarz View Post
    Those adds die to passive cleave just by virtue of making their way into melee. Hitting them as a moonkin is 100% meter padding.
    Yeah, what's your point? )))
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

But they don't just die to passive cleave. On 10man 4.5 million HP isn't something that will just die without anyone dotting it. Besides, the enrage timer on Malkorok is a joke so progress-wise it's good to even nuke them down asap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Then you need to tell your tanks to do their job and taunt the adds. Or DK dps to grip them to melee even.
    We don't have DKs and taunting adds (and killing them) is melee job since they don't risk losing dps doing so. On 25 there are 3 adds at a time and taunt has a CD so no way tanks may deal with them alone. DPSing them on 25man as any ranged is pointless.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2013-10-17 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Trying to even touch those adds as a caster dps is a bad idea because if they aggro on you (and they will if you start dpsing them - even Starfall is enough to aggro few of them for far too long) they will give you debuff that will lower your casting speed and movement drasticly.
    Yeah i have had that happen sometimes if the adds dont make it into melee and latch onto our tank who does 450k dps...glyphed guided stars previously because we didnt handle them that well on progression seems to barely be an issue now however...more on topic of treants though i could almost swear mine got knocked up on early pulls i tried them for by the boss ability that targets ranged making me wonder if they somehow lose casts that way? i feel overall inc has been working better though on almost everything or i am just most comfortable with it

edit: logs also dont discriminate padder vs not padder which is why i mentioned the adds in this discusion of inc logs vs treant logs
    Last edited by alany; 2013-10-17 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alany View Post
    edit: logs also dont discriminate padder vs not padder
    See if they did damage to the adds...

Deleted
    I don't get it. Why don't you open with Astral Communion first??? Isn't it better to start with 40 to 60% increased dmg (depends how much mastery do you have) rather than build Starfire or Wrath to reach Eclipse? Do you ever use AC during fight? It's only 4 sec cast/channel + haste lowers casting time. I realy don't understand why should I ever fight out of Solar or Lunar Eclipse ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I don't get it. Why don't you open with Astral Communion first??? Isn't it better to start with 40 to 60% increased dmg (depends how much mastery do you have) rather than build Starfire or Wrath to reach Eclipse? Do you ever use AC during fight? It's only 4 sec cast/channel + haste lowers casting time. I realy don't understand why should I ever fight out of Solar or Lunar Eclipse ...
    I'm not sure if I fully understand the question, but the reason in some openers we start 1 cast from eclipse, is to have NG up for our first DoTs. The difference between uneclipsed hardcast and eclipsed one is less than the difference between DoT with NG and without it (at least that's the theory ^^ ). But that's only for the opener with delayed CA - if you use CA at start it doesn't matter much if you are in or outside of eclipse (only eclipse dirrection matters since it's better to enter Lunar after CA ends and some of our opener buffs are still up).

there's no reason to have Astral Communion in our rotation. It does no damage.

It's only 4 sec cast/channel + haste lowers casting time. I realy don't understand why should I ever fight out of Solar or Lunar Eclipse ...
    It isn't affected by haste. And you want to switch eclipses to keep your Nature's Grace (+15% haste) up as much as possible. Getting to Lunar eclipse also resets your Starfall cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    there's no reason to have Astral Communion in our rotation. It does no damage.
    It doesn't hurt much either though, when used correctly. I've been experimenting with it a bit lately and haven't really found it to have impact in a way or another. As an example, when you're one cast away (within 25) from hitting a new solar eclipse and Garrosh decides to MC you, the following happen: 1) Your dots fall off 2) Most likely your last SF cast is interrupted 3) Your NG falls off 4) If you had a meta gem proc, it likely falls off as well. In that case I just say screw it to the 2+ sec Starfire and channel AC for that one second to gain higher dot uptime and just get the flow back.

It can also be okay-ish when you know that in a second or two you will need to move a lot and you're quite close to an eclipse. After that you can dot the target while moving what you generally don't want to do if you're just about to hit an eclipse.

can any1 tell me if I should gem haste to get the 10289 breakpoint? IDK since i'll lose a ton of crit for it.
    wow/en/character/kazzak/svn/advanced
    not allowed to post links so thisll have to do

Yeah, do it.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Hello, i love this guide as it helped me alot...but i am so lost...i feel like i can push more than i am currently with my gear. My char is Herzen on Tarren Mill Eu. I struggle with knowing how to reforge properly, so i did as best as i could to reach the last haste cap. But i end up with soooo much master...and slightly under hitcap..you can probably find some logs of me on wol...but yeah...i would love any help...i tried using Ask mr robot+ addon. But when i change it to go for the last haste cap i lose a ton of crit and gain sooo much mastery...i feel like i have to much mastery already..... T.T.... so lost..maybe im just to stupid for WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Syvala View Post
    Hello, i love this guide as it helped me alot...but i am so lost...i feel like i can push more than i am currently with my gear. My char is Herzen on Tarren Mill Eu. I struggle with knowing how to reforge properly, so i did as best as i could to reach the last haste cap. But i end up with soooo much master...and slightly under hitcap..you can probably find some logs of me on wol...but yeah...i would love any help...i tried using Ask mr robot+ addon. But when i change it to go for the last haste cap i lose a ton of crit and gain sooo much mastery...i feel like i have to much mastery already..... T.T.... so lost..maybe im just to stupid for WoW...
    Thinking 5700 mastery is a lot, hehe, so cute xox

I'm all the way up at 7600, got a spirit/matery staff whattup

Anyway here's AMR making you "slightly" more optimal but once you've made the changes you've pretty much just swapped 0.5-1% of stats about a bit

http://i.imgur.com/AXpxVe1.png

I have quick question.
    My guild is starting heroics (looking at the first wing) this week, and I know there is some more experience raiders of SoO in here that are far into heroics, and have the first 4 on farm. What talents did you choose? Anything I should look out for in particularly? I would usually roll, FoN + HotW (Imm) Inc + HotW (Protectors) Inc + HotW (Nourshen) Inc + HotW (Sha). Any feedback would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Voomkin View Post
    I have quick question.
    My guild is starting heroics (looking at the first wing) this week, and I know there is some more experience raiders of SoO in here that are far into heroics, and have the first 4 on farm. What talents did you choose? Anything I should look out for in particularly? I would usually roll, FoN + HotW (Imm) Inc + HotW (Protectors) Inc + HotW (Nourshen) Inc + HotW (Sha). Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Those talents are the same I used on the first 4, I much prefer Incarnation over FoN most of the time but on Immerseus you won't get a full duration on your 2nd inc because the boss splits too quickly, so FoN works out more consistant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voomkin View Post
    I have quick question.
    FoN is slightly better for Nourushen because trees ignore corruption. It actually is the only single target fight where FoN is in top logs on WoL.

Deleted
    so the guide is wrong? Normally in pure single target, we should use FoN it says.

I find FoN to be better than Incarnation on single target but I'm still using a ToT trinket so that plays a big part in it. Incarnation is better once you are more geared.

When using the solar opener with DOC. It says to cast healing touch before pull, then do your normal solar opener with the exception of casting an extra healing touch when CA expires, makes perfect sense. But I have heard other boomkins tell me that DOC does not stack with CA since you are technically not in an eclipsed state. It stacks with INC, but does it stack with CA as well? Still fairly new to boomkin so I'm not 100% on some of these things.