10+ Year Old Account

Leveling as a Tank

Just how good of idea is it to level as a tank on your first character? Mobs and questing isnt difficult so far (lv15), i can kill 2-3 mobs at once without using a potion, or 1 by 1 of same level without having to stop to drink or rest.
    But i tried the first dungeon, realm of the fae, the trash wasnt a problem at all, the healer was lv16, i could hold aggro amazingly easy (do defensive souls get extra threat?), but the first boss was smacking me hard, the healer couldnt keep me up for longer than a minute.
    After that i got 3 copper crafted pieces, which boosted my armor by about 150, found 2 rings and a helm that boosted it by another 200-ish, and now i will try to craft some runes to get extra health.
    My health is at 1200+, about 40% damage reduction from armor and i believe 31% block.

Im on the right track or i should just ignore dungeons for now? Or i need even higher upgrades to be able to tank bosses?

I also noticed a little late that to be a warrior armorcrafter you dont need butchering, i thought you needed it as the first quest given to you asked for soft hides. So i first started as miner/armorcrafter/runecrafter, thought i needed butchering and dropped runecrafting, then after 50 levels on armorcrafting i realized i wont need hides (only for chain armor) and got runecrafting again (which still confuses me).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

i leveled as a warrior tank its easy and good(ofcourse you are not as efective as a dps but its ok)you can do a solo build and a 5man build and you will do just fine
    i leveled with 1 random(o this look good to spent points build)and i tanked 5mans easily and did a pretty easy lvl up

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the leveling is pretty easy even if i put points on stuff like +1% armor.
    I just find trouble when attacking wild rifts and elite mobs show up, those guys i need heals to tank, but i can bring down one elite 1v1 with a single potion or using the paladin 10 min cd if they are same level as me.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

It's pretty easy. You don't do spectacular damage, but your survivability makes up for it. Honestly though, I'd shell out the 20g (or however much it is) for a second spec and roll with a tank spec for dungeons and a leveling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It's pretty easy. You don't do spectacular damage, but your survivability makes up for it. Honestly though, I'd shell out the 20g (or however much it is) for a second spec and roll with a tank spec for dungeons and a leveling spec.
    This pretty much. You have enough cash for your second spec by the time you hit level 5.

yeap thats the way to go!2 spec or even three if you do pvp or something
    (having up to 5 possible specs rocks)

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    yeap thats the way to go!2 spec or even three if you do pvp or something
    (having up to 5 possible specs rocks)
    Coming from years of dual spec in WoW, I agree. But a few weeks into having 5 specs...I found myself wanting more -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i got a champion/paragon/beastmaster role, but although i kill thrice as fast 1v1, i get owned if there are 3+ mobs on me, so i feel much safer to quest grind as a tank, spread dots all over and by the time i finish the first mob, the others are at half health.

Levelling as a tank is perfectly viable, but as was said earlier it's probably better to have a dps spec for soloing and pick your mobs 1 by 1 and then have a tanking spec for dungeons and elites.
    Ciderhelm (now retired) has great information on how to spec as a tank while levelling and whilst at level 50. Check out http://ciderhelm.com/?cat=31
    5 specs is nowhere near enough, I find I need 8 raiding specs each week on my Mage as well as my multiple PvP specs. NEED MORE FLEXIBILITY!!!