Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's no other option though. They could just make everything be based off of tokens, but then that leads to another more serious problem; lack of content. Considering a boss drops 3-5 items each, you could essentially gear your raid out in under a month. Then, there will be cries of "We want more, we're finished with this stuff." even worse then there already is.

Deleted
    While Im not the luckiest in the raids, all my transmog gear dropped on the first kill and I even won a few with 95+ rolls. I only lost 1 token, but it was the wrong tier anyway. Oh, and in ICC LDW liked dropping the leather int boots, but not that much, the funship shield didn't like to drop often either.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    They could make the pieces cost valor, and have it be like 3k per helm/shoulders and 2.2k for the other 3 pieces... and then, and heres the kicker, make it so valor is only obtainable from killing current raid bosses. /gasp

Would mean only way you're getting tier helm/shoulders is by killing 25-30 bosses per piece.
    The real problem starts when you have the 3 tokens and want the other valor items... 12 weeks for all tier is worth it over never getting it due to RNG (but winning would ofc be the best)

I was about to be all "no, don't water down the concept of acquiring gear even further"... until I just now realized that I don't really care either way. It's not fun to attain new gear anymore. It comes too quickly, too easily and too often, then it is replaced just as quickly. I don't enjoy getting loot anymore, so what reason do I really have to say no if someone wants to make it easier?

None, that's what.

10m should drop three pieces of loot, but let you only take two pieces.

Tier tokens shouldn't discriminate by class. It's stupid.

12 domo kills, no tanking bracers yet....

Getting into absurd statistics when it comes to drop rate in 25man...

The Points and Token systems are there to help reduce the effects "bad streaks" in drops. True this can only go so far but it sure beats class specific drops. on the other hand if they changed it to all point system where it's just a matter of collecting points to turn in for gear they will change it so you just need loads of points for each peace of gear or you get geared up too quickly too the point it loses it's fun.

I always love getting that drop that you've been hoping for, the anticipation builds so when it does drop it feels more rewarding than turning in some points.

My guild has been raiding Firelands since day 1, and we are currently 3/7 HM. We still have not seen certain items drop - at - all. We have not seen the Hunter Helmet off Shannox, not the Hunter boots off Baelroc, and we have not seen the caster shield off Beth'tilac.

10 man random loot sucks.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

it's always a certain item slot for me on my ele shaman, in wrath i was killing lk with the xt 10 man shield from ulduar. in cata i'm still carrying blue wrists, rhyolith and chimeron didn't like me
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

last upgrade i got for my warrior or my hunter from a RAID was DBW....from ICC. everything else is VP, a BoE or a zg/za. To make it more frustrating is whenever i run stuff on my warrior, only hunter gear (stuff that i want/need mind you) drops. and vice versa for my hunter.
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

11+ Normal Rag kills.
    2 Heroic Rag kills.
    0... 2 hander maces Q_Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been in Firelands killing since the week it was released and we've seen only ONE tanking drop.

(the sword from Beth, which has dropped once for each tank)
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I see with classless tokens dropping is that 2 people in a single run could get complete tier setup rather than most likely it taking longer.

I say problem, because I suspect that blizzard doesn't want that sort of progression to occur as a rule. I'm undecided as to whether or not I think it's a problem myself...

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 07:10 PM ----------

I personally think that the current loot system is strange in a number of ways.

I particular, *why* does this boss drop this or that?
    I'd understand Shannox dropping a bow or something - he's a hunter, right? And a polearm (spear). After all, he throws that. Riplimb's collar should drop from the fight, not trash (or make the trash drop "Riplimb's Lost Collar" or something).

Beth'tilac's mandible being a sword - well, you should get Beth'tilac's mandible and take it to a blacksmith in Orgrimmar who'd craft the actual weapon for you (the drop could be like those things in BC that required the apex crystals - "depleted" items - and you could see the stats, but it was not wieldable yet). She doesn't actually drop a sword, but something that can be made into a sword. Same with the caster shield. Armor? Similar to the other things - bosses should have stuff you have to turn in to make other stuff, it makes no sense to me that a spider's conveniently carrying this set of leather pants!

Even Ragnaros' mace doesn't make sense to me as there's no way any of us could pick that thing up. Maybe when he dies it should shatter, and you take a chunk in to the blacksmith.. you get the idea.

With this method (get something from the boss which is crafted afterwards) you could make the pieces only craft into a single thing (beth's mandible -> tank sword, carapace -> caster shield) or possibly have some pieces craft into any number of things, which would allow some loot flexibility.

I don't see them actually dropping tokens, either; why would majordomo have this thing for me to steal? Rather, I should get some sort of currency like reputation - an in-game DKP more or less - that I can use to get my tier. You shouldn't accumulate it so fast that you can get a full tier set in 1 clear, but maybe each full clear is worth like 1.5 pieces of tier - this would take the better part of 4 full clears to gear out your tier set. And, a group couldn't gear out one favored person in a single go, either, which would avoid some guilds using certain strats early probably.
    Last edited by tyggyr; 2011-09-29 at 02:12 AM.

No, random drops suck. I'd prefer a system like LOTRO has, at low levels at least, where you get marks that can be redeemed for everything (basically like JP/VP but coming from all dungeons/instances, with sets every 4 levels or so). Not sure if LOTRO has random drops at high levels (probably).

Nothing you can really do, RNG is RNG.

Had a 346 helm until our 3rd or 4th Beth kill, still have 353 shoulders, with 20+ ODS kills and almost 10 Shannox kills now.

The RNG system as currently implemented is really bad, especially for 10 mans. Just because MMORPGs have used a RNG system, it doesn't mean that's the only system they have to use going forward. They should put some safeguards in, such as giving a token to each raid member for each kill. With enough tokens, you should be able to buy whatever you want off the loot table. Throughout T11, we never saw the helm in any form drop off the Robot Council. Over 20 kills is ridiculous, especially for a 10 man guild with three cloth casters.

The 10 man system needs a drastic overhaul. It's one of many things in this expansion where Blizzard completely overdid it.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

I'm still stuck with damn troll shoulders... Lost every piece of t11 stuff and not a thing from firelands either. Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    I do think we need rng on loot. But I also think a system needs to be implemented where the more an item drops for a guild group, the less likely it will be to continue dropping consecutively, in essence, increasing the chance of other loot to drop, resulting in a wider variety of loot overall, while keeping that rng factor. -Or to put it more simply: Variable drop rates based on your guild's loot trends.
    Or maybe I'm crazy.
    That's actually a really good idea.
    It keeps the RNG element so you can't just turn up and 'decide' what loot you want then never return, but it stops our current situation which is disenchanting 2+ Agility daggers every single week while having never seen an Enhance weapon.

The system is better than it used to be.. By far.. I remember in vanilla.. not missing 1 raid for a whole year and not a single pair of netherwind gloves droped, now cant really complain abt anything else than ragna belt still not droping^^ but being serious.. the current system feels fair enough, if though we were to go back to the 10% chance system... it would blow. I like the current system, It wouldnt be the same if you downed a boss and could just choose your gear^^

after all this time i'm still 6/8 judgement despite having run bwl enough for the mats for three thunderfurys.

we've gotten tripple conq tokens off shannox for 3 weeks. despite only having 5 conq users in raid. last week they gave one to me ( ret) for my second off spec rather then vendor it.

our poor raid filled with druids and hunters.

rng sucks

I think the tokens should be a blank token drop that you can give to anyone in the raid... on 10 mans the RNG factor of the tokens is neither fun nor interesting... just a tedious kick in the nuts every week. Balancing a raid composition around tier tokens seems ludicrous, and anyway it's impossible to tell which token you will be overloaded with this tier, and which will refuse to drop for weeks :<

Oh also... we have been killing every boss in FL since week 2 and have not had ANY 2H weapon drop at all. Still rocking my 359 wep... it's a guild joke