Which ones can be uninstalled?

There are several items on my PC which I don't really know if I ever use or need them:

1- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
    2- Microsoft Silverlight
    3- Windows Live Mesh ActiveX bla..bla

And those all seem like the same thing but I'm not sure what to do with them:
    Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
    Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
    Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
    Microsoft Visual C 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
    Microsoft Visual C 2005 Redistributable

What are those first 3 programs for? Is it safe to remove them?
    And what's up with Microsoft Visual C spam? Why is there 5 entries for that program? is it safe to delete 4 of them?If so which ones? or all 5 of them are doing something good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Silver light is for netflix and visual c is for games and stuff
    dont delete anything you dont know even if you need room on your comp its not worth screwing your comp up

Microsoft SQL Server is a program that can run databases, I'm not sure what's on your computer and the fact that it's there in the first place indicates that some program needed so removing could break the program or corrupt data for that program.

If you really want to clean things up just wipe the computer and reinstall windows with all the programs you want to keep that way you don't need to wonder what you can remove. All the rest you should just leave there is no reason to remove it.

Edit: Visual C is some programming junk. the reason it's spammed is each of the smaller ones are just updates to the main program and to avoid breaking things you should leave it alone.