Personally I think Europe through the last millenium is possibly the most interesting History. Its also quite a lot to cover though, our lectures on Europe from 1490 to 1750 or so were the most boring ever, probably because of the tutor though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
    It's obvious that he loves me more ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Ancient History > Any other kind.
    That and the Crusades were most interesting to me. Although I hated studying history in high school. (And the professor hated my guts.)

History became boring after the Age of Exploration, excluding Aztec/Mayans and some points here and there. It gets better the farther back you go, like egypt and sumer and such. Egyptian and Greek were always my favorite topics.

That and the Crusades were most interesting to me. Although I hated studying history in high school. (And the professor hated my guts.)
    I remember knowing more about history than my World History teacher. All he really did though was read the textbook and complain about how the school didn't let him teach american history. We only had one history class that wasn't american related...
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-02-06 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/y29eE.png
    There there, everything's going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I remember knowing more about history than my World History teacher. All he really did though was read the textbook and complain about how the school didn't let him teach american history. We only had one history class that wasn't american related...
    Oh we learned about everything and everyone D: The thing is, history is not boring, teachers make it boring.

Oh we learned about everything and everyone D: The thing is, history is not boring, teachers make it boring.
    They certainly don't help most of the time. American history had a nice habit of being forced down my throat every single year in school, so that world history class was the only one i tried in(which wasn't hard cause the teacher was a moron).

There was one guy who i wish i had as an actual history teacher. He was an alcoholic college professor that knew every point of human history like the back of hand, but he only taught humanities classes while i was in school, where all we did was look at art and try to understand the time period from it. It was close to history and very interesting, but he loved expression/impressionism and such (which i loathe) so i couldn't get into most of his class. Only a semester long and we had a lot of do-nothing days because he usually had a hangover or didn't feel like doing anything. :/

How far back are we talking here? Prehistory, or just things like ancient Egypt/Greece/Rome/Persia/China?
    History became boring after the Age of Exploration, excluding Aztec/Mayans and some points here and there. It gets better the farther back you go, like egypt and sumer and such. Egyptian and Greek were always my favorite topics.
    I do agree, actually. I still think WWII is interesting, but that's mainly because it's the most exciting historical event to have happened in the last 500 years. And yes, I had the same history BS at my high school. Our teacher just kinda skimmed over everything, and I swear I learned more about both world history and US history from watching specials on history channel than taking any history classes in high school.
    I wish we had learned more in my high school history classes. =/
    And so much yes on the fact that history teachers make history boring. I'm lucky I got a history teacher that was so enthusiastic in one of my college history classes. He just made studying history exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    How far back are we talking here? Prehistory, or just things like ancient Egypt/Greece/Rome/Persia/China?
    Ancient Egypt, Greece and stuff.

Egypt and Greece are stupid. Carthage and Rome are awesome.

I know a lot about awesome.

You can also look into Persia and the many kingdoms immediately after Alexander's death, 300-200 BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ancient Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

I know a lot about awesome.

You can also look into Persia and the many kingdoms immediately after Alexander's death, 300-200 BC.
    Never looked into Carthage much, and Rome was never as interesting as Greece, though still awesome. Egypt and Greece are the best. You're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Never looked into Carthage much, and Rome was never as interesting as Greece, though still awesome. Egypt and Greece are the best. You're stupid.
    What kind of peasant doesn't know about Carthage?

Deleted
    Never looked into Carthage much, and Rome was never as interesting as Greece, though still awesome.
    Never looked into Carthage much, and Rome was never as interesting as Greece
    Rome was never as interesting as Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J9DIU.jpg[IMG]
    Do you mean to tell me otherwise?