Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The thing is... Cairne died in a quite obvious way, and there is no easy way out of that. Magni turned to stone in a mysterious ritual from the Titans, that's... I don't know... less dead? to me.

I would love Cairne to be back (even more than Magni), but as wrong as his death felt, that would feel even worse for me. What I would like is something like a spirit warrior around Thunder Bluff helping/protecting his people... and that turns out to be Cairne. A little like that Taunka-chieftain in the Storm Peaks in that quest about the Storm changing history, who still watches over his people? I would love that.

I could even imagine something like that for Magni too, like he becomes "The Voice of the Mountain" and gives his advice to the dwarves, but doesn't actually return to being "flesh" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    The thing is... Cairne died in a quite obvious way, and there is no easy way out of that. Magni turned to stone in a mysterious ritual from the Titans, that's... I don't know... less dead? to me.

I would love Cairne to be back (even more than Magni), but as wrong as his death felt, that would feel even worse for me. What I would like is something like a spirit warrior around Thunder Bluff helping/protecting his people... and that turns out to be Cairne. A little like that Taunka-chieftain in the Storm Peaks in that quest about the Storm changing history, who still watches over his people? I would love that.

I could even imagine something like that for Magni too, like he becomes "The Voice of the Mountain" and gives his advice to the dwarves, but doesn't actually return to being "flesh" again.
    I had a story idea that I wish could have been presented to Blizzard - perhaps the reason Deathwing can't die is because as the Earth-Warder, he is tied to the earth of Azeroth. As Azeroth lives, so does he. Well, Magni 'became one with the world', didn't he? I always sort of nursed a hope that a diamond-Magni would rush in during the battle with Deathwing and sacrifice himself to weaken Deathwing sufficiently that he could die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine2976 View Post
    The trade-off is that Baine is badass enough to make up for Cairne's absence (barely, though - if I'm totally honest with you guys, I actually cried when he died. I loved him from the moment he first showed up in WC3 and I nearly put the book down for good when he died.). Moira is an extremely poor substitute for Magni, on the other hand. Though it could also be argued that Falstad and Muradin pick up the difference with their powers of sheer awesome, I suppose.
    Dude your not the only one. Cairne was one of my favourites too, and well Baine is well enough, its a hell of a thing to live up to.. and if I'm honest, its a long way to come to live up to Cairnes image there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Never did Twilight Highlands as I hit 85 right before entering that zone.
    This is so daft I do not know where to begin. You complain that not enough of the story is told in-game, then admit that you are actually skipping most of the game? What are your exact requirements from Blizzard that they lock you up in a cell and spoon feed you the lore for 2 years, because left to your own decisions, you will avoid as much as the game as you can yet complain that you have not been served enough through the game? Dude, if you want to know stuff, go to the places where it is, it is a reasonable requirement. Blizzard cannot magically hand you the information if you do not show even the slightest interest in taking it in.

I'm going to guess that because Magni became "one" with Azeroth, during his time he somehow discovered the location of Pandaria and a few other related places for the expansion and realized the situation they are in. Magni gives the info to the Alliance and Horde and we go do the typical thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post
    I'm going to guess that because Magni became "one" with Azeroth, during his time he somehow discovered the location of Pandaria and a few other related places for the expansion and realized the situation they are in. Magni gives the info to the Alliance and Horde and we go do the typical thing.
    woo maybe it'll be like:

'Thrall... Thrallllll.... This is the Voice of Magni...'
    Thrall "What The, Aggra did to Hear that?!"
    Magni "Thralll... I Am Speaking with you Across the Earth oh World Shaman!'
    Thrall 'Shit, I knew that title would work against me'

Deleted
    And then we all hope that Thrall recognizes Magni from somewhere...somehow. Because voices that speak to you from the earth.... huuuu... that is no good and Thrall knows that

Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post
    That's an interesting idea.

Obviously we'll have to have a separate reason for actually wanting to go to Pandaria, but the idea would be Magni is the key to actually finding Pandaria.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.