Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wow= New Blizzard MMO?

I know many people like debating. But I found a post by bashiok explaining how they are aware of titan speculation. They said that they wil not mention anything regarding this. This has really gotten me thinking. How does titan relate to wow. It was posted on there forum so im not sure. Are they gonna make titan the next wow? As in Wow2? Will we have to leave azeroth? Or is the complement thing still relivant? We wont know til blizzcon but I was hoping a clarification of them being seperate or similer could be explained futher here. I really dont know if I should be concerned or not.

No QQ please its just something that I know wont be explained on the official forums.

They have stated flatly that Titan was based on no existing IP, meaning it is entirely unrelated to Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, even Lost Vikings.

It's a new IP, probably a FPS, that's going to co-exist with World of Warcraft.

Come on, there are alot of threads like this. They already said: Titan has nothing to WoW, its totally new idea, new universe.

Titan is a new Intellectual Property.

You're entirely out of the loop and your post is pretty funny with how uneducated you are on the topic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Just going on a whim here, as the underling I am. But if I had to place a bet, I'd say it's a war-based game where you can capture land and build on it, going to be MMO as in you'll need to raid said areas.

"guilds" as we'll call it for now can build forts or whatever on the new land etc.

Basically I'd say it's a land-grab based war game that will have at least 300 hours of gameplay before you're like.... Uhm what do I do now. (That is, uhh what do I do now except sieges.)

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    I really hope you're wrong.

I hope, after being taunted by such let-downs as darkfall and mortal online, that the new game is sandbox and/or mmofps. Either game could have been freaking fantastic given competent devs fantasy, scifi, whatever, I don;t care. Sandbox MMOFPS was great until the horrible developer syndrome set in.

I'm guessing Titan is going to be a FPS MMO RPG type game. That seems to be the big thing today. A lot of other companies are making games like that.

Whats that FPS MMO RPG game that's coming out, that's suppose to tie in directly with EVE Online? That game looks interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Titan is a new IP and an FPS. It won't kill WoW.

Only when Blizzard decides to kill WoW, will WoW die.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by wahsa View Post
    It is an often stated possibility. Titan is going to be sci-fi based and I believe they stated more casual oriented right off the bat.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    I'm guessing Titan is going to be a FPS MMO RPG type game. That seems to be the big thing today. A lot of other companies are making games like that.

Whats that FPS MMO RPG game that's coming out, that's suppose to tie in directly with EVE Online? That game looks interesting.
    If Eve survives to see it. Is Eve still in massive riot and implosion mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Source pls? And don't go on about how devs from Bungee are working on it. That doesn't mean a damn thing to what the game is, just cause their past project(s) were FPS-related.

Quote Originally Posted by wahsa View Post
    that statement is just based on rumors. Blizz never stated themselves that it will or wont be a fps.
    personally i hope that it wont be.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerton View Post
    It is an often stated possibility. Titan is going to be sci-fi based and I believe they stated more casual oriented right off the bat.
    when blizzard was asked if it was gonna be sci-fi or fantasy they stated that it will be all together. i dont care to get source so believe me if u want to.
    Last edited by goneloco; 2011-09-29 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Blue where it says its a fps?

Blizzard self has no exp in FPS games i dont think they will try something realy new.

I really like how people assume the new MMO will be an FPS. As far as I know, there is absolutely no solid evidence to back that up. Sure, it's possible, but why not another MMORPG--one that looks and plays very differently, of course--or an MMORTS? People keep saying it'll be an FPS as if it's fact. If there's a source backing that up please show me and I will be forever convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They have stated flatly that Titan was based on no existing IP, meaning it is entirely unrelated to Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, even Lost Vikings.
    Misdirection? They could've just said that to throw people off the trail.

there is quite a bit of info about titan out there. you don't have to do all this guessing. it is not wow in any sense of the word though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trickzzz View Post
    Blue where it says its a fps?

Blizzard self has no exp in FPS games i dont think they will try something realy new.
    but activision does so i hope its not gonna be some call of duty style monstrosity

Quote Originally Posted by HonneurVilified View Post
    I really like how people assume the new MMO will be an FPS. As far as I know, there is absolutely no solid evidence to back that up. Sure, it's possible, but why not another MMORPG--one that looks and plays very differently, of course--or an MMORTS? People keep saying it'll be an FPS as if it's fact. If there's a source backing that up please show me and I will be forever convinced.
    there is a TON of evidence out there. digital castration had a lot dug up earlier this year and wow hit him with a cease and desist, everything he acquired was floating around on the net or obtained through legal means but he simply didn't have the means to fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    Misdirection? They could've just said that to throw people off the trail.
    When they stated that it won't, then it's not called misdirecting, that is what they do with Panda, this is lying. So no, it won't.