Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pvp'ing from 16-85 ón a warrior

Pvp'ing from 16-85 ón a warrior is it possible? Without taking to much time ?

EDIT: im now level 31, ONLY Pvp'ing from 16-31, NO herilooms, and so far ive had a blast, and ill keep on doing it.
    Last edited by mmocc83150e748; 2011-10-01 at 09:07 PM.

You'll get sick of it, tbh

Warrior isn't that good in battlegrounds after all, you'll get stomped by mages and such. You won't even be able to charge in combat until you get the talents for it. Spell reflect is level 66 too (and it has a huge cooldown now anyway).

Also you'll encounter problems if you enter the bracket too early. For example, 55-59 bracket has dks, Outland gear and all kinds of things, starting with level 57-58. At level 55-56 you'll get obliterated; Same goes for 65-69 bracket, with Northrend gear. It's especially cruel at 75-79, you can get full cata greens that are 100 itemlevels higher than the gear you have from current content; And be warned, many people DO get those greens. And finally, 80-84 is quite bad as well, since 84 gear is like two to three times better than 80.

Deleted
    And sometimes you won't be able to play bgs because there's not enough people.

Deleted
    Possible? Sure
    Enjoyable experience? No.
    Will it take longer than necessary? Yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior is not really the right class for it. You´re better off PvPing with a hunter/mage/rogue/prot paladin/healer, imo. But if you really want to PvP with a warrior, what stops you, right?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post

Warrior isn't that good in battlegrounds after all, you'll get stomped by mages and such. You won't even be able to charge in combat until you get the talents for it. Spell reflect is level 66 too (and it has a huge cooldown now anyway).

Also you'll encounter problems if you enter the bracket too early. For example, 55-59 bracket has dks, Outland gear and all kinds of things, starting with level 57-58. At level 55-56 you'll get obliterated; Same goes for 65-69 bracket, with Northrend gear. It's especially cruel at 75-79, you can get full cata greens that are 100 itemlevels higher than the gear you have from current content; And be warned, many people DO get those greens. And finally, 80-84 is quite bad as well, since 84 gear is like two to three times better than 80.
    Exactly this.

Be prepared to be splatted around every bg.

Try to get some greens from ah to "jump" on next bracket, just to make your experience a bit less frustrating...

Honestly, leveling through bgs isn't exactly the pinnacle of fun as a warrior, not until you have most of your abilities anyways. Your best choice would honestly be to just quest/spam dungeons and do the occasional bg if you feel like it. However, doing bgs as a warrior at 85 is fun once you have a fair bit of gear, you can pretty much stomp on everything if you play your cards right and use your cooldowns correctly.

I see a lot of people saying that it's frustrating in the 70-79 bracket, sure it's frustrating if you're not top-level in any bracket, but once you are at that level, and you have as many cata-greens as you can get, you'll pretty much be dominating with a pocket healer, same when you're lvl 84 in the 80-84 bracket.

If you know your class and in addition to that have a pocket healer, you'll have soooo much fun doing bgs as any class. ^^
    Last edited by Desirie; 2011-09-29 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

i recommend only dungeons.

very fast and very smooth (be tank for fast queues

warrior PvP without charge is just sad panda face, and warrior dmg in low level is not that great eigther. if you want a good PvP experience all the way I would suggest mage, rogue, disc priest or pally healer. hunters are very srong too up until like 50+. oh and druids are awesome flag carriers

To the people suggesting another class, he's pretty much set on leveling a warrior, all he's asking is if spamming bgs would be an enjoyable way to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

tank till the top of the 35+ bracket, after that pvping as prot or arms isnt to bad. 75-79 bracket is probably one of the worst(15-30 is all about hunters) UNTIL you hit the ah and get some greens and farm the honor cap. 80-85 you can do in a day or 2 by questing, pvp is a whole other story.
    most of my toons leveling time has been through pvp(mainly cause i can't stand outland/NR anymore) and i dont mind it to much, time wise.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post

Not sure if you're only talking about arms, but I PVP as prot while leveling, and it is so, sooooo easy!

Level 61 in the 60-64 bracket :

It's been basically the same every bracket I've been in.

Oh btw, that's with 0 heirlooms (new server for me).

dont pvp on warrior until you're level 29, and only if you go prot.

Arms doesn't get viable until juggernaut at 49 and even then the damage and mobility and survivability is lower than prot

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    It's been basically the same every bracket I've been in.
    When did you start doing them? Because until level 29 as Prot you can't charge in combat which really does affect you.

Yeah I guess it improved alot when I got warbringer, but other classes also don't have certain ability's yet either.
    So you can still dominate with shear damage and survivability (victory rush + glyph).

i'm doing pvp leveling on my warrior. started at lvl 13, now he's lvl 38. got all heirlooms except trinkets. i buy greens from the ah and pvp stuff from warsong outriders and defilers. warrior is ok for low lvl pvp. i did good dmg even at the start of the bracket. but one thing is sure, rest of classes get cool pvp stuff way before you. you got no cc except hamstring that you get at lvl 26 and you have to talent it to get it useful and pummel is 38, for interupt. so, that sucks. biggest problem for warriors is that we get cc'ed a lot. you can survive mages but hunters with spiders are death of you, especially if they tag you before you charge. 5 minutes cd on trinket is way too long. i'm doing only wsg so there is no way to go los in midfield. so, bottom line is: if you don't charge first, you're effed most likely and don't expect to kill hunters with pets that can cc. still, its fun how you can pwn other classes.

Deleted
    Quest + queue to BGs if you like to BG, queue to dungeons if you like to do dungeons.

That's how it's been for me for leveling alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie View Post
    To the people suggesting another class, he's pretty much set on leveling a warrior, all he's asking is if spamming bgs would be an enjoyable way to level.
    You can't ask someone what you will enjoy, how are we supposed to know? if 99% of the people here said no, what if he then went on to try it and enjoyed it, would it matter what those 99% said? you can't ask people what you will enjoy, you just need to try it, it's like me making a forum post asking what movie to watch tonight, just doesn't make sense.

Best way to level without questing is dungeons and being a warrior you should go prot and get pretty much instant queues, I'd do that to 58 atleast which won't take long then I'd think about pvping from there, but to do it from 16? wouldn't be me but you're not me.

This is pretty similar to what I did on my arms warrior. I had full heirlooms and started doing battlegrounds around level 13. I was aware of my shortcomings (mobility) and just catered my playstyle to match. All that really means is that from level 20 until I could pick up the talent for charging while in combat, I stayed mounted and out of combat as long as possible. I seldom ran into enemy players who legitimately knew what they were doing so while they were content to focus whichever teammate of mine came closest first, I bided my time until they were in combat, charged, and they would go down in 2-4 globals. The only issue I had were hunters who got the jump on me as concussive shot was enough to kite me even if they were backpedaling! I tried to keep my goblin jump on reserve to deal with them. The wall with DKs is a bit rough and after that, I focused more on dungeon leveling/questing. I would think balance would have been fine shortly thereafter but I needed a break. Once I gained dual spec, I only used prot for tanking instances. I had a blast leveling as arms in BGs.

forgot to mention, as for leveling speed, it all depends on your winnings. pvp leveling in no way can compare to pve, but if you win a lot, you level relatively fast