Thread: Hit rating

Hit rating

First, apologies if this is mentioned somewhere else, I did not find it when searching.

Remember when Cata launched and Blizz said they were going to make hit rating more interesting, that it would scale in the later tiers meaning we would need more hit rating to for example never miss Deathwing rather than Chogall.

What happened? Is there any indication they changed their minds? Or have they just not implemented it without comment?

Deleted
    Well as a Fury Warrior I need loads of hit rating. So their intentions with hit with is working as intended.

Seems it's one of those things they mentioned at some point and never got around to do. Or just changed their minds.

Haven't seen any mention of it lately but I can imagine how people could argue that they need different sets of gear for each raid.

They've said nothing and as such nothing has happened with it. It's an abandoned idea.
    My best guess is because it'd be way too difficult to figure out a method to communicate to players what you would need for each raid, especially considering people just look at Hit as a number-based rating instead of a percent. For example, if you needed enough hit rating for 8% hit in Tier 11 raids but then you needed more for Firelands for the same %, such that you'd have 11% hit in Tier 11 but the required 8% for Firelands, how would you communicate that through a display to players?
    It just wouldn't make sense to have +8% hit but "oops not really!" in Firelands unless they actually put in a -Hit zone aura like they did with Icecrown Citadel and Dodge, and I think everyone would agree that would just be lame.
    It's easy to see why the idea was abandoned.

Thanks everyone

I agree it was not a great idea, I just wondered why nothing was ever said about why they didn't bring it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i was woundering what happened to that idea. just glad it didnt go through.