Affliction - Bane of Doom - When to use and on what?

I am in a 6/7 Heroic Firelands Guild and I am sad to say I have never used Bane of Doom, I started playing late in Cataclysm and during BWD and BoT it was worthless to use Doom on quite a few fights so I just forgot about it. When do you use Bane of Doom, what bosses/phases? I always used Agony but I would assume this is hindering my DPS.

Shannox - It can be used I would assume through out the whole fight?

Beth'tilac - It's probably only useful to use it on her when she comes off the web but after the nerf I'm not sure if it's worth it since she goes down like nothing.

Ryolith - It could be put on one of the legs or the spark I guess.. he dies so fast when he transforms there's no point to use it then.

Alysrazor - You can put it on her as you DoT up all the adds.

Baleroc - Can be used for the whole fight.

Majordomo - As far as I know when he transforms DoTs don't drop so I would assume Doom is used through the whole fight

Ragnaros - I would assume phase 1, but I'm not sure other than that.

I'm also still a bit lost as to using DMC:V vs normal VPLC?
    Last edited by Marionette; 2011-10-04 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Using Bane of Doom will increase your DPS as opposed to Agony unless multidotting I believe.
    Ideally use Rune of Zeth with DMC:V and you can guarantee an intellect buffed Doom every minute.
    All bosses except Rhyolith and Beth I find it easy to have 100% uptime of Bane of Doom. (where instead I use it on Drones / Sparks)

Any time you're against a target that lives for 15 seconds.

Shannox - On the boss all the time
    Beth - On the boss at the start on the pull if you can get in there quick enough to put it up (obviously put CoE up instead if nobody else can), on the drone, on the boss in p2
    Rhyolith - Spark and boss at the end
    Alysrazor - On the boss throughout the whole fight if you're on the ground
    Baleroc - Boss for the whole fight
    Domo - Boss for the whole fight
    Rag - Boss for the whole fight basically

I think (Note: Think) that normal VPLC is still worth using over DMC since the buff, but you'll have to double check that for yourself, the heroic one is obviously BiS and I think the normal one is too. I'm our guilds dedicated demo lock, so I don't really pay a great amount of attention to affliction BiS. I probably should, but meh.

I was told to refresh Doom at 15 seconds, is that correct?

It depends.

You should be using Rune of Zeth, and as a result you should be trying to use Rune of Zeth with every BoD.

For example:

00:00 - Rune of Zeth + Demon Soul + Bane of Doom

The start of the fight, use Bane of Doom with your trinket and Demon Soul. As a result, clipping BoD before it runs out will be a dps loss as you will be wasting a buffed tick.

01:00 - Rune of Zeth + Bane of Doom

One minute into the fight after your trinket/ds buffed BoD runs out, re-apply with your trinket.

Then basically just keep rotating, you'll have one BoD with DS and one without. All BoD should have your trinket buff. If you refresh BoD too early you might not have your trinket buff or demon soul buffing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I am in a 6/7 Heroic Firelands Guild and I am sad to say I have never used Bane of Doom...
    Did your BoD tick twice?
    No? use agony
    Yes? that doom was worth it

edit: If you've gotten this far without realizing the above, I'd say don't bother paying attetion to the math. Just start using BoD without question.

Thanks for the help, I feel less like a moron now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I'm also still a bit lost as to using DMC:V vs normal VPLC?
    Normal VPLC is better than DMC:V. Second trinket should be RoZ or DMC:V. Mathematically, RoZ is ahead, but some locks find that they Sim higher with DMC:V.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions