Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Buying a new keyboard

Right well I kinda foolishley spilt water over my laptop keyboard and as a result some of they keys don't work and I'm looking to buy a new usb keyboard

I would like the keyboard to have some backlights /good for gaming and most importantly good for coding i.e. it will let me type at a million miles per hour ;D

I live in the UK so don't post any American sites or shops, thank you all

Blackwidow ultimate?

I have the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800. Not really meant for gaming of course, but I love it and it's pretty fast. Cost me 96 Euro though.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Logitech G15/G110/G510 are VERY good options. 6/12/18 macro buttons on the left with 3 different modes are awesome. Choice depends on how many macro keys you want/need. I'm in the same situation, and i'm seriously thinking about buying the G110 since i dropped a cup of tea all over my G15. More macro keys are always helpful.

Deleted
    Thanks guys ^^, I was thinking of getting a razor keyboard, are they as good as everyone says they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    get the apple bluetooth keyboard if you want to stay portable with your laptop, if you are serious about coding and typing fast, get a daskeyboard:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    get the apple bluetooth keyboard if you want to stay portable with your laptop, if you are serious about coding and typing fast, get a daskeyboard:

I love it, save costs printing on keys, claim it's a tool to force you to touch-type better and sell it at a premium. GENIUS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I use a G15, although it's pretty big, the extra buttons it provides combined with the sound manager on top that actually works makes me love it.

razer anansi all day every day if you're at all competitive in any aspect of wow or other games.

i like my g19 keyboard ...when buying a keyboard make sure u read the reviews because quite a few of the backlighted keyboards have keys that fade very easily

15+ Year Old Account
    After reading many posts on the same subject, it seems that razer keyboards are not worth what you pay for them (break easily, etc etc).

I have the Logitech G15 and I'd definatly recommend it. Had it for years and is still working like it was the first day I got it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalize View Post
    razer anansi all day every day if you're at all competitive in any aspect of wow or other games.
    No, razer is not the best keyboard for gaming, if you ask me it's one of the most expensive keyboards and 85 % of the money you pay for it goes to advertisement, I bought the sidewinder x6 for about 100 nok, fucking cheap... about 12 euros, anyway that keyboard is so epic awesome, it takes 2-3 days to feel comfortable with it due to the buttons, but man you'll love it, you got around 30 binds where you can bind macros! real macros, you press it once and it can do your whole rotation for you! it's also glowing red for the look. if you buy a razer keyboard it's just to try to show off, it's really not that special, it's really aswell tbh, but that's agan my opinion.

Go for something you like, razer keyboard goes for around 1000kroner in norway, it's expensive as hell.. If it would have full cool features sure, but what does it got? Neon lights, ( blue shiny light ) and that's it, I'drather buy a normal keyboard for 50 kroner instead of that..

my choice, sidewinder x6 from logitech

I just got the Razer Anansi and I can honestly tell you it's worth it. The extra buttons alone opened up so much more space for me that it's ridiculous. I would strongly recommend one.

From personal experience I would stay away from anything with rubber coating on it, after some time it will start peeling and look realy bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I've had the revised G15 since it came out and I've loved it since day one. Logitechs macro software is great, the keyboard still functions as well as it did on day one, the only complaint I could really have about the product is that it's not mechanical lol.

If you're going to look at Razers and you want a mechanical keyboard check out their BlackWidow series, same usability as the Anansi (minus the macro keys in the thumbrest portion), but with Mechanical keyswitches.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattykins View Post
    I just got the Razer Anansi and I can honestly tell you it's worth it. The extra buttons alone opened up so much more space for me that it's ridiculous. I would strongly recommend one.
    Sidewinder x6 had those buttons on the side for now? how long? At least 1 - 2 years.. I can't understand how razer could actually copy it, search it for yourself..

Any mechanical keyboard. It will be the last keyboard you will ever buy. Unless you get hooked and buy a couple different brands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the Merc Stealth. Much more natural position to hit more keys. Goes great with my Naga Epic!

http://steelseries.com/products/keyb...s-merc-stealth

Deleted

I ended up ordering this keyboard ^^, what are you opinion guys?