Thread: SLI temps

SLI temps

Just finished running afew benchmarks (3DMark11 and heaven) so gpu's would be 100% load. Running MSIafterburner to monitor temps. My top card maxed out at 74c the card below that hit a peak of 66c. 74 seems reasonable yeah? Is there a temp I should be worried about? Obviously the lower the temp better. Anyone running a similar setup have load temps to compare?

Running two Zotac GTX570's on a Sabertooth P67 in a Coolermaster storm enforcer.

As always thanks for imput

Chad

Between 80º and 95º (Celsius) you should be ok. (When "idle" it should never be over 80º).
    If it ever peaks over 100º, you may have something to worry about. (obviously, your room temperature, general cleanliness of your computer case, and arrangement of the units and cables inside the comp should be the first thing you should check if a heat peak happens).
    Last edited by Enwa; 2011-10-03 at 10:58 PM.

Right on guys

Just out of curiosity, running stock fans at 80-85% is fairly loud, but does it stress the card? I mean obviously the card does more work, but is it a bad thing? If I wanted to run the fans at 80% would it have a negative impact on the cards lifespan by a great amount?

Thanks for the info, hope your tuesday is goin good!

Chad

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrah View Post
    Right on guys

Just out of curiosity, running stock fans at 80-85% is fairly loud, but does it stress the card? I mean obviously the card does more work, but is it a bad thing? If I wanted to run the fans at 80% would it have a negative impact on the cards lifespan by a great amount?

Thanks for the info, hope your tuesday is goin good!

Chad
    No. Even if it did you wouldn't be able to go back and look at the situation and be "well if only I had been running it at 20%"

You're honestly better off setting a fan profile anyways.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard