10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Great! Add Wassinator#2662, NA or EU?

Also you should play whatever race that is your main atm. I only want to play vs your protoss if that's what you ladder as.
    NA, and will do when I get the chance (so within the next few days).

And well I used to ladder as Zerg and Protoss (WoL and Hots beta) but currently I do random because it's more fun. So I'd say I'm roughly the same skill level with both, a little better with Zerg, and currently getting (very very) slowly better at Terran.

You only play Terran right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Fucking bullshit. etc.
    for you maybe. i absolutely suck at managing armies. my best strategy is f2 > murder enemy base. i actually have more fun to just send some zerglings on a suicide rush and giggle while they rezz due to kerrigans talent just to do it again. i feel great when i miss the timed achivements only by 100% overtime in normal mode because im too slow. i replay the campaing right now on hard mode and had to reloade a couple of times allready on the frost planet against the protoss.

so for gimps like me the campaign with its story, cutscenes, low difficulty and zerghordes is completely adequate.

i'm watching the bronze league games posted before right now and have to admit they are better than me. i would have done things differently but most likely not for a better result. i can't stand competitiveness. i just don't care enough about winning.

i am bad but i will most likely have fun even after the 5th playthrough like i had with wol. just purely with the singleplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    NA, and will do when I get the chance (so within the next few days).

And well I used to ladder as Zerg and Protoss (WoL and Hots beta) but currently I do random because it's more fun. So I'd say I'm roughly the same skill level with both, a little better with Zerg, and currently getting (very very) slowly better at Terran.

You only play Terran right?
    Used to play Protoss but switched to Terran during the second half of WoL. They require more multitasking but have a really fun metagame. So yes, I play 100% terran now. Play what you want then I guess, I just want to make sure I don't force you to play any certain race.

If anyone happens to be online then I got time for like three hours now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Fucking bullshit.
    I don't touch SC2 multiplayer because I absolutely suck at it.

The challenge in this game for me comes from completing the campaign on a harder difficulty (hard/brutal) and while I haven't finished the whole HotS campaign, the 10 missions I've played so far are right up there with all of the hardest WoL missions.

Honestly I'd say HotS deserved a rating equal to WoL. Its probably the best game I've played this year beating out Bioshock Infinite for me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Won another game by tricking enemy zerg, lol. I had only 2 colossus, 6 stalkers and 6 full-energy sentries, i made illusions of colossus out of 5 sentries (I think it was about 10) and moved out to third base of zerg player. As soon as he seen this army, he said "gg" and left game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    IdraGGs are the best GGs

Charge me doctor, nice account/ava, had me giggling for a while.

Me and black'll be playing a lot on NA this eastersunday again. Hopefully Zait can join too, have yet to hear from him. Anyone else that wants to play customs is most welcome. Add Wassinator#2662 or pm me.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't touch SC2 multiplayer because I absolutely suck at it.

The challenge in this game for me comes from completing the campaign on a harder difficulty (hard/brutal) and while I haven't finished the whole HotS campaign, the 10 missions I've played so far are right up there with all of the hardest WoL missions.

Honestly I'd say HotS deserved a rating equal to WoL. Its probably the best game I've played this year beating out Bioshock Infinite for me personally.
    I completed it the first time on hard. Clicked everything:P Well, except for Kerrigans abilities on solo missions. It wasn't challenging at all. The original campaign on the other hand was very hard. I guess it was because HotS doesn't rush the player in most missions and you can do things at your own pace and Kerrigan also gets some super powerful abilities that turn the tide in later missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    for you maybe. i absolutely suck at managing armies. my best strategy is f2 > murder enemy base. i actually have more fun to just send some zerglings on a suicide rush and giggle while they rezz due to kerrigans talent just to do it again. i feel great when i miss the timed achivements only by 100% overtime in normal mode because im too slow. i replay the campaing right now on hard mode and had to reloade a couple of times allready on the frost planet against the protoss.
    Thats brilliant. So you're not an amazing player. So what? If they want to make the campaign accessible for not overly skilled players, fine. Just not on fucking brutal difficulty, the difficulty which is supposed to be there to provide a challenge for really good players, and be almost impossible at times for average players like me. The missions are still no less horribly designed and often boring. Not to say there are no good missions, there are some really good ones. But not many. It was also several missions too short.

And seriously guys. We can disagree about how well the campaign was designed, but there can be no disagreement that brutal is supposed to actually be Brutal. Normal can be easy. Hard can be slightly toned down from what I may expect sure (although atm, the campaign on brutal almost never reaches what I would consider to be an acceptable level for hard difficulty), but brutal really has no excuse for being so easy.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    My fucking god.

I'm not usually one to say ''your opinion that this game is better then that is wrong dammit because I think differently!", but that just astounds me. How anyone could possibly think that HotS (and I'm talking singleplayer here), which is mediocre at best, excepting the sometimes impressive cutscenes, is better then a game like Bioshock Infinite, or indeed tons of other games I can name that has been released in the last few months. I mean HotS isn't bad, it's just really unable to rise above mediocrity, for all the money they throw at it.

WoL was far better in the campaign: it wasn't perfect, but in general the missions were designed far better and often actually attempted to test the player or something about them, even on some of the lower difficulties. Brutal was, as I said, almost impossible for someone like me. I havn't gotten much better, so I have to notice the discrepancy of the fact that I struggle with hard difficulty on WoL, and have no issue with brutal on HotS.
    Last edited by Migey; 2013-03-31 at 11:36 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it boils down to the fact that it's easier to design a campaign for Terran than it is for Zerg. Just take a look at how the races are played, even if the HotS campaign had some major tweaks to it in terms of how Zerg is played. Terran offers the micromanaging aspect a lot more than when it comes to Zerg, Zerg is supposed to mass units. In the WoL campaign they abused the way how Terran plays out to create clutch situations wherre correct unit use is required.

I didn't really like the campaign. It wasn't bad, but unlike the WoL campaign (which I re-played many times and got 100% achievement on because I enjoyed it so much), I really don't feel like playing it again. The levels weren't really made to capitalize on the strengths of the zerg, macro in particular. All too many of them limited us to two or at most three bases, when that should be the absolute minimum number of available bases by default. Kerrigan was also way too important, and I kinda wish they hadn't included her into the campaign at all (in a combat capacity), outside of a few missions where she might enter the battle personally.

On a positive note, I actually liked the way they handled Kerrigan, who I expected to strongly dislike. I did hate her for the first few missions, but after she went out on to do her own thing I kinda liked her.

Did not like how they handled the zerg characters, though. none of them were any interesting, with Abathur in particular ruining the adaptive aspect of the zerg completely for me. They also shit all over the non-primal zerg, who even with Abathur basically top-down designing the zerg organisms, the primal zerg are able to automatically, naturally evolve forms equal or superior to those of the non-primal zerg without any need for oversight at all, and they're immune to the psi-disruptors, the zerg's only big weakness.

They're basically better than the non-primal zerg in every way, other than in their utility as a mindless weapon - but even as a weapon they would be worthless in any meaningful sense if it wasn't for the plot inhibiting their enemies from using psi-disruptors against them during every single battle. Even in SC1 the psi-disruptor was such a big gaping problem for the zerg that they had to make the terran leaders increidlby stupid just to get around the problem it posed. The zerg wouldn't have stood a chance if DuGalle hand't had been so forcefully raped with the rod of stupidity that he decided to destroy the psi-disruptor on the advice of a guy who had "obvious traitor" written all over him.

The comment at the end of the final mission, "Long live the queen!" really annoyed me. It's a colloquialism that only makes sense within our cultural context; a zerg would never be able to say anything like it - it irrevocably branded all the zerg characters in the story as humans, but with a different skin, to me. I was very disappoointed in how they handled them, but then I guess my expectations were a little unreasonable... I was expecting something more like how the WH40K universe handles tyranid characters.

Ah well. It's Blizzard, after all.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    The comment at the end of the final mission, "Long live the queen!" really annoyed me. It's a colloquialism that only makes sense within our cultural context; a zerg would never be able to say anything like it - it irrevocably branded all the zerg characters in the story as humans, but with a different skin, to me. I was very disappoointed in how they handled them, but then I guess my expectations were a little unreasonable... I was expecting something more like how the WH40K universe handles tyranid characters.

Ah well. It's Blizzard, after all.
    This actually bothered me enough to do some research. Not the one about the queen but the zerg seeming a bit too human with the exception of Abathur. And guess what, most of them were either humans or designed by a human (Kerrigan). So it seems more or less reasonable that they act like them.

I think the zerg, while an interesting race doesn't make much sense anyway. Not because a fully biological race couldnt defeat technological ones but it just seems such a waste using massive creatures when instead they could just use swarms of small parasites. Instead of one roach they could have millions of 1 inch long acid producing parasitic worms. Possibly even flying ones that can get anywhere, drill through armor, hide and multiply in the ground or even inside vehicles. Only sticking with large lumbering beasts and viruses (that arent really than dangerous because even though its supposedly incurable, there are these huge cities of humans yet that could have been wiped out by a single ball of slime containing the virus yet the zerg never bothered..)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the campaign on Normal, then on Hard, then on Brutal. I've managed to get almost every single achievement, the only ones I don't have are because I forgot about them. It was much easier than Wings of Liberty, and a bit disappointing. All-in-all, I felt Wings of Liberty was better, more challenging and more interesting.

Though when it comes to multiplayer, HotS is better and the leveling system is a nice touch.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    This actually bothered me enough to do some research. Not the one about the queen but the zerg seeming a bit too human with the exception of Abathur. And guess what, most of them were either humans or designed by a human (Kerrigan). So it seems more or less reasonable that they act like them.

I think the zerg, while an interesting race doesn't make much sense anyway. Not because a fully biological race couldnt defeat technological ones but it just seems such a waste using massive creatures when instead they could just use swarms of small parasites. Instead of one roach they could have millions of 1 inch long acid producing parasitic worms. Possibly even flying ones that can get anywhere, drill through armor, hide and multiply in the ground or even inside vehicles. Only sticking with large lumbering beasts and viruses (that arent really than dangerous because even though its supposedly incurable, there are these huge cities of humans yet that could have been wiped out by a single ball of slime containing the virus yet the zerg never bothered..)
    Like the Tyranid. They exist in all sizes, from tiny to titanic. The tiny ones are often the ones to infiltrate cities and a planets populace and get into places where they shouldn't be.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Won another game by tricking enemy zerg, lol. I had only 2 colossus, 6 stalkers and 6 full-energy sentries, i made illusions of colossus out of 5 sentries (I think it was about 10) and moved out to third base of zerg player. As soon as he seen this army, he said "gg" and left game.
    And that, is why you scout your enemy

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not so accidental but I still lol'd

warhound is back in the game!

Sure it is. Look at the date.

10+ Year Old Account

haha bravo Blizzard, bravo. Got me. Thought my game was bugged.

This and the LoL April fools were both very good

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna miss the warhound. I never get tired of "Warhound Online!" and all the other quotes.

Deleted
    Warhound is cool but glad its just for today. Finally gave swarmhosts a chance against Protoss. Going for a fast Swarmhost/hydra combo with +1+1. Works really well, so well that I forgot I even had to macro and just watched 4 swarmhosts tear down his expansion and anything unit he tried to push out with.

Edit: Finally promoted to gold on EU ladder after 8 wins and 3 losses tonight. Two of the losses were my promo matches against top 8 platinum in which one I messed up an attack that should have won me the game and the 2nd was against a guy who 6pooled gah.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-04-01 at 11:10 PM.