10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Uhhhh.... D:

Also.... all of my wut, goes into this game.

http://drop.sc/321286

I thought people stopped doing this? Reminded me of NaNiwa and his infamous version of this. Same with the building a new command center and floating it to the corner of the map and having 6 SCV sitting there as if you never started.

Just had a 3rd guy in as many days link some random korean to me as soon as we joined a game. This time however I had some korean copy pasted as me and my girlfriend just finished a korean lesson if you can call it that on facebook So just pasted that, added a question mark and tada... he absolutely shit the bed and then shit on the floor and then slipped on said shit and faceplanted in it.

Need some of you guys to start linking silly replays or if there's a problem at least you're gona get a lot of quick replies here from all corners of ability - idk what TL forums are like and the official ones are shite.
    I will try to find some funny replays, but on point of CC floating in corner: i had a game where terran wanted to turtle with two bases, so i took 4 bases and managed to make 200/200 army of colossi, stalkers, zealots and immortals, he lost to it, called me a fag, and flew away on CC saying "you can't reach me without flying units fag, and i know you are supply capped so leave, i afk". So.. i had to kill half of my army, build more stargates, and made a ton of phoenix units, around 20 and killed his CC :P
    But on the note of your replay, i've seen these 6/7 workers "all-ins", i just fought them near mineral line (you know, when you click alot on 1 minteral, your workers stack up and when you A+move them away, they 1 shot 1-2 enemy workers) because i had more of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Those people do gain/lose points (it is a normal ladder game for them), but you dont. The MMR used for each is separate for your own purposes.
    You have a ranked MMR and an unranked MMR. The starting point for unranked is based on your ranked MMR.
    You sure? I'm low masters on ladder atm, but i kept getting bronze players on unranked. Seems pretty screwed.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 03:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I will try to find some funny replays, but on point of CC floating in corner: i had a game where terran wanted to turtle with two bases, so i took 4 bases and managed to make 200/200 army of colossi, stalkers, zealots and immortals, he lost to it, called me a fag, and flew away on CC saying "you can't reach me without flying units fag, and i know you are supply capped so leave, i afk". So.. i had to kill half of my army, build more stargates, and made a ton of phoenix units, around 20 and killed his CC :P
    But on the note of your replay, i've seen these 6/7 workers "all-ins", i just fought them near mineral line (you know, when you click alot on 1 minteral, your workers stack up and when you A+move them away, they 1 shot 1-2 enemy workers) because i had more of them
    He was a bit thick wasn't he. Does he not realise so long as you're mining the game wont draw out giving you an eternity to make flying units?

People like that need a slap. Game's supposed to be about competitive fun not trying to out-dickhead the other guy :/

Subscribed to gomtv.net to watch the GSL VODs (can't watch live), hope it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    You sure? I'm low masters on ladder atm, but i kept getting bronze players on unranked. Seems pretty screwed.
    That is strange. I am always getting masters players at least. Many of which playing ranked.
    FAQ about unranked play: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=400828

Hi guys.

Im just started playing starcraft HotS, and was hoping some of you guys could give me some advice on an standard opening as Terran? One that is not cheese, and I can kinda build "out" off, to transision to middle and late game. I know i need to get alot of mechanics into place but gotta start some place

Hope anyone can help my Btag is: Phelix 2304 And im coming fra a Europe.

Actually i havent playede a single game because im afraid im to bad :s But im guessing im low bronze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    That is strange. I am always getting masters players at least. Many of which playing ranked.
    FAQ about unranked play: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=400828
    Very interesting, cheers. Maybe it's slightly broken for me then, i'll see if technical support can assist.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I just bought Starcraft II and I was wonder: What don't I get if I don't own Heart of the Swarm? Can I use all the new units in multiplayer and so on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Hey guys, I just bought Starcraft II and I was wonder: What don't I get if I don't own Heart of the Swarm? Can I use all the new units in multiplayer and so on?
    You dont get access to the new units, or the new campaign.

You end up playing a different ladder to everyone else too, a Wings of Liberty one. You basically play the game as if HotS never existed.

Really worth buying HotS though.

No you can't use the new units that came with Heart of the Swarm. You also can't use the leveling system and you will play in the Wing of Liberty ladder(wich is pretty empty now)

Deleted
    Will I get access to new balance changes?

Deleted
    Will I get access to new balance changes?
    You get the balance changes applied before HotS released afaik. i.e Infestor broodlord being banished from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
    Hi guys.

Im just started playing starcraft HotS, and was hoping some of you guys could give me some advice on an standard opening as Terran? One that is not cheese, and I can kinda build "out" off, to transision to middle and late game. I know i need to get alot of mechanics into place but gotta start some place

Actually i havent playede a single game because im afraid im to bad :s But im guessing im low bronze
    Go to your ramp, build a supply depot at the corners of it then a barracks in between to wall it off. If you go onto youtube and type in "MLG" go to their channel and watch the finals from MLG Dallas between Life and Flash, because whilst they're the pros and you won't be able to emulate them, Flash shows a variety of Terran openings and what you can do against Zerg. After that, go to the Team Liquid website and go to Liquipedia and the Terran Strategy Article and it'll list a load for you there you can read and practice ^^

Don't let ladder anxiety get the best of you, go have a quick read and then try it. Just remember that there'll always be someone worse than you.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Go to your ramp, build a supply depot at the corners of it then a barracks in between to wall it off.
    Barracks before the second depot

Deleted
    Okay, so I'm a Bronze League Protoss with not too much experience in the game. Could someone point me to some nice build orders against different races and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys.

I'll help you out. Added you ingame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Okay, so I'm a Bronze League Protoss with not too much experience in the game. Could someone point me to some nice build orders against different races and such.
    Check out the build orders section for protoss on liquipedia.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...otoss_Strategy

I'd also check out apollo's guides on youtube. They're a bit out of date now but they're a very good rough guide.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...P5QU_R940oevX9

10+ Year Old Account
    I would help you out too, I know a couple of builds but I no longer play Protoss. I used to back in Wol, but the hots meta has changed the Build Orders a fair bit.

Feel free to add Wassinator#2662 ingame if you wanna talk, and I'm Swedish aswell.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Check out the build orders section for protoss on liquipedia.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...otoss_Strategy

I'd also check out apollo's guides on youtube. They're a bit out of date now but they're a very good rough guide.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...P5QU_R940oevX9
    Also this. However as a completely new player it can be nice with someone showing the way in the beginning.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Just received my second promotion of the season! It feels a little tainted though, the last match I played before promotion was against someone who left after 2 seconds : (

Overall I'm happy with my progress. I bought the digital bundle on March 1st and didn't touch multiplayer until HotS launched. I qualified into silver after going 2-3 in placement matches. After about 40 games I was promoted to gold with a losing record. I went roughly 60-40 in my next 100 games and then was promoted to Platinum. Right after promotion I'm sitting just outside the Top 8. I'm hoping for a Top 8 finish this season and hopefully working my way to another promo early next season.

I was actually really surprised at the promotion. Some of the people I was evenly matched against (between 9 and 11 point change after game) were struggling hard. Two games before promotion I played a guy who had almost no units and only about 3 workers on his natural at the 10 min mark. At the same time other people who were considered an even match seemed considerably better than me. It felt like a very broad range of skill levels clumped together. Additionally I played some Platinum and Diamond players who seemed relatively close to my own skill as well. I'm curious if there will continue to be large skill gaps in the divisions as I (hopefully) continue to move up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I'll help you out. Added you ingame
    Thanks and btw, have been checking out day9tv, LP website their strategy section and the wiki for terran build. But still im kinda lost at how to begin this whole thing thanks for the help all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Just received my second promotion of the season! It feels a little tainted though, the last match I played before promotion was against someone who left after 2 seconds : (

Overall I'm happy with my progress. I bought the digital bundle on March 1st and didn't touch multiplayer until HotS launched. I qualified into silver after going 2-3 in placement matches. After about 40 games I was promoted to gold with a losing record. I went roughly 60-40 in my next 100 games and then was promoted to Platinum. Right after promotion I'm sitting just outside the Top 8. I'm hoping for a Top 8 finish this season and hopefully working my way to another promo early next season.

I was actually really surprised at the promotion. Some of the people I was evenly matched against (between 9 and 11 point change after game) were struggling hard. Two games before promotion I played a guy who had almost no units and only about 3 workers on his natural at the 10 min mark. At the same time other people who were considered an even match seemed considerably better than me. It felt like a very broad range of skill levels clumped together. Additionally I played some Platinum and Diamond players who seemed relatively close to my own skill as well. I'm curious if there will continue to be large skill gaps in the divisions as I (hopefully) continue to move up.
    There is a much larger gap between plat/diamond and diamond/master. You'll see. Good job making it there though!

Thanks and btw, have been checking out day9tv, LP website their strategy section and the wiki for terran build. But still im kinda lost at how to begin this whole thing thanks for the help all
    Just poke me ingame anytime.