Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Paladin tier art - "Crystalforge" (not T5)

EDIT: Note that this isn't MY artwork. It's from an art book that followed along with The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition.

Today I got reminded of a tier armour for Paladins I saw in the art book that came with WoW: The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition.

What I'd like to know, or perhaps discuss, is what this artwork is/was for or what it could be used for. Do anyone know anything more regarding this drawing? Was it supposed to be the paladin T5 (as it's got the same name: Crystalforge) but was replaced with the purple one? Any information is appreciated.

Would you like to see this as a tier set? What would you change/add/remove? Which colours?

Last edited by Caronwyn; 2011-10-02 at 04:54 PM.

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

Deleted
    Kudos for artwork

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very good drawing, and I don't even play a paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great, would only change the helmet

If this would ever go live, I'd cream.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

That is some nice drawings.. Tbh if i could look like that on my loladin, i would.

Colours - mabye some golden with red/brown lineings
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

The ring around the helmet looks kind of like the one for t12. They've never added in A middle skirt like that before so that would be new.. I like how the shoulders are different types.

The whole "crystal" thing kinda looks like something they'd use in a sort of stonecore raid or something, I know thats deepholme, deathwing ish, but yeah.. Wouldn't change much from it other then the middle skirt thing.

The one issue I see is the whole cross thing. That's a Christian symbol and doesn't really have an analog in Warcraft. It makes about as much sense as a mormon priest closing a service by saying "By the light of Elune" or Tirion having a star-of-david on his cloak. Most (all?) "church" buildings in warcraft just have simple spires on the top. Perhaps moving to something a little less obviously christian: a sword/shield maybe?

People aren't realizing that OP said this was in a book of WoW art, not something he did himself. To answer OP, sorry not sure, but it would be pretty great, although they may have had to alter the Crosses as that's a real world Christian religious symbol and not inherently a Paladin worshiping the Light symbol. Maybe if it was an equal length iron cross it would have passed muster. Rest looks great though.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

There was a thread before discussing this same image. I'd find it for you but in a raid at the moment. I'll see if i can locate it for you later.

Deleted
    It says Crystalforge on the piece, so I'm guessing that it was one of many concept drawings of the pally T5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    as it's in the TBC collector's addition, it's one of the concepts for the crystalforge set which became T5. It obviously didn't make the cut as they didnt use it. Probably because a) it looks too poly/texture heavy for it all to be done right when TBC went live, b) as others said already, christian symbols.

TL;DR (ye i knw rite?)
    Won't be implimented.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    great artwork, i would remove the christian crosses though as:

1-lorewise pally power isnt granteed by "god, yaweh, allah"
    2-people dont like to be confronted with real worls religions in game
    3-religions that might offend them or that have offended them.

the artwork is outstanding, if they brought that in game it would be awesome.
    GRRRRRR

Deleted
    Now this is how you make a paladin Tier set look cool!

It's juss that, extra art in the Collectors Edition art book, not everything that is drawn get's the cut to the final stages, while this looks VERY cool, I'm sure back then it wasn't easy to create in the game becuase the amount of detail. To me it looks very similar to Paladin T6.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    helm is shit looks like a war more than a pally 4/10

Stop crediting him for the artwork...it isn't his, its a blizzard concept art, he even stated it was in the art book that came with his tbc copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Stop crediting him for the artwork...it isn't his, its a blizzard concept art, he even stated it was in the art book that came with his tbc copy.
    Edited my OP to clarify this.

Why are there crosses on it?

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    Why are there crosses on it?
    Ask the artist ;-). Well, I'm not really sure, but one thought could be that the drawer thought of "holy" as a symbol. What is more of a symbol of "holy" but a christian cross?
    If the symbol would be replaced with another (in-game?) symbol for light or holiness, it would be awesome.

I'm not sure about the colour scheme I'd wand on that set, it's quite hard to imagine it with colours when you see it black and white. I almost want to edit it in photoshop if I had a wacom.