Deleted

6870 Crossfire enabling

Hey guys, a while back I posted this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PC-for-gaming

Today I got mah PC!

I was setting everything up and installed new drivers and such. The only thing is I can't seem to get Crossfire working. Catalyst Control Center calls one of them the Primary Adapter and the other Disabled Adapter. Now how do I get this working?

Here are my specs + CCC showing 2nd card as Disabled Adapter: http://i55.tinypic.com/2yzd7xx.png

Are you absolutely sure that the motherboard supports Crossfire?

Deleted
    Can you link the motherboard?

Did you connect the 2 cards physically with the crossfire cable?

Did you enable crossfire in CCC under Video, Crossfire? Mine was enabled by default, but worth checking anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    what version of Catalyst are you running? what motherboard?
    I think what happened was they installed one card then booted it to install drivers powered it down and popped the other one in.

Deleted
    Uhh, the motherboard (and other specs) is visible in the screenshot (speccy): P8P67 (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...et_1155/P8P67/) And it does seem to support CrossfireX.

And this PC was pre-built so I assume they knew what they were doing (with connecting them both etc.)

I also tried looking something up on Google and found something about the BIOS. I went to the BIOS and changed a setting for the PCI x16 slot (or something similar). The only setting apart from disabled I could choose was 4,0,0,0 x 4 (or something like that, but with one 4 and three 0's with a x4 multiplier at the end). This resulted in CrossfireX showing up in CCC (version 2011.0908.1355.23115). Speccy still says that Crossfire is disabled and I've not seen an increase in FPS in WoW in ultra settings, 1x Multisampling and Vsync on (was 60 and still is 60).

Halp plx. :P

Deleted
    Vsync caps your fps at 60 to prevent screentearing. Also CrossFire only works in fullscreen mode, not windowed fullscreen. Try turning vsync off and then you will an increase in fps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaffy View Post
    Vsync caps your fps at 60 to prevent screentearing. Also CrossFire only works in fullscreen mode, not windowed fullscreen. Try turning vsync off and then you will an increase in fps.
    Thanks for the tip. I turned Vsync off and FPS went up. With Crossfire enabled I only get about 10 FPS more though. Not sure if it has to do with the areas I'm flying by or if it's because of the Crossfire.

Edit: Settings in Windows also sho the card as active and shows it like this: http://i55.tinypic.com/e2bl5.jpg. What it says is that the second card is available for output. Does this mean it's working?
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2011-10-05 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    You can try to turn on the CrossFire icon whenever it is avaible in a program. Start CCC and right click the icon down in the right corner of your taskbar. You should have 4 AMD Radeon 6000 series there. Mouseover the first one and then "CrossFireX settings" and there choose "Show CrossFireX Status Icon (where applicable)". Then run WoW in fullscreen and you should see an iconin your top right corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaffy View Post
    You can try to turn on the CrossFire icon whenever it is avaible in a program. Start CCC and right click the icon down in the right corner of your taskbar. You should have 4 AMD Radeon 6000 series there. Mouseover the first one and then "CrossFireX settings" and there choose "Show CrossFireX Status Icon (where applicable)". Then run WoW in fullscreen and you should see an iconin your top right corner.
    Thanks! I see the icon now when playing WoW.