Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Affliction or Demo? (H Rag)

Hello all. So my guild will be starting on H Rag this week and i was wondering. Affliction or Demo?

Our raid comp dps wise is 2 Boomkins, Fury War, Hunter, Arcane Mage, and of course me.

Thanks for any advice in advance; I just wanna start giving him attempts in the proper spec & gear.

When a wild forum troll appears

Should be able to go afflic for sure with 2 moonkins.

Really depends though, is there another source of the +Sp buff for your raid?

What spec are you most comfy playing? Its really just a personal pref.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology is better by far (being my main spec for many years now). Affliction isn't impressive on H Rag. We have two affliction locks and I play Demo and neither of them compares to Demo on this right. (Yay for godly AoE)

Make sure you're comfortable with Demo though before you try/use it. It really helps.
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2011-10-06 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Fix
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Demonology is better for the aoe seed phase but overall affliction will do more dps/dmg. I've tried both on our countless rag attempts

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do more overall as Demo, but I have a ton of experience, and skill behind me. Also i'm comfortable with my rotation and movement.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Affliction will definitely put up better numbers at the end of the fight, but Demo really shines in the P3 burn where dps is really needed and on the AoE phases if you need that dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything penguin said pretty much ....if its on farm though and you want more overall dmg/dps for the entire encounter affliction is the way to go and if you are trying to push 1 meteor in p3 go demo.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    I've been progressiong on Hrag for a couple of weeks now and I must say that demo outperforms affliction where it is needed. Also, if you're running 10man setup with 2 boomkins and 1 arcane mage and no body else is supplying to +sp buff, there's no reason to even consider playing affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up going Demo. I do MUCH better dps and for our strat i need to be demo anyways, thanks for the advice

Deleted
    You really need to get your hands on the [item]moonwell chalice[/item] if you plan on playing demo.

edit : It seems I don't know how to links items here but you get the ideea

Overall damage/dps does Not matter much, don't use that to define which one is "better", if both specs are close to each other. What matters is that which does more damage on parts where and when it is needed most, and other ways that help surviving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for reference for any other warlocks, who's in doubt when it comes to this.
    If your guild is heading on ragnaros heroic, with no clue on which tactic YOU should be using, start with demo since most guilds use the aoe tactic.
    But as it is with my guild, we're currently using the "kill your own", leaving affli in a better place, even tho I'm not sure about the lack of burst for p3.
    Tl;DR depends on your tactic. Start with demo if completly new. (THIS IS BASED OFF KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH SPECS)

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Overall damage/dps does Not matter much, don't use that to define which one is "better", if both specs are close to each other. What matters is that which does more damage on parts where and when it is needed most, and other ways that help surviving.
    The biggest issue I constantly see warlocks having with being demo in this fight is putting out little to no damage during world in flames >.<
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    You really need to get your hands on the [item]moonwell chalice[/item] if you plan on playing demo.

edit : It seems I don't know how to links items here but you get the ideea
    I ran sims, the way im set up. For me, H Necro is out preforming MWC

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    The biggest issue I constantly see warlocks having with being demo in this fight is putting out little to no damage during world in flames >.<
    That hasnt been the problem for us, I actually find myself getting off SB's Every world of flame. The problem is becoming Seeds for my guild at least, we cant find a good way to handle them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest Demo as our locks go demo for rag. /dontknowshitaboutlocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samic View Post
    Just for reference for any other warlocks, who's in doubt when it comes to this.
    If your guild is heading on ragnaros heroic, with no clue on which tactic YOU should be using, start with demo since most guilds use the aoe tactic.
    But as it is with my guild, we're currently using the "kill your own", leaving affli in a better place, even tho I'm not sure about the lack of burst for p3.
    Tl;DR depends on your tactic. Start with demo if completly new. (THIS IS BASED OFF KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH SPECS)
    I have used Affliction in H Rag and Demo, I have just been for what ever reason Under preforming as Affliction. I think from lack of haste gear, and as well as i have been playing Demo for so long, i am extremely comfortable with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    I ran sims, the way im set up. For me, H Necro is out preforming MWC[COLOR="red"]
    Ofcourse the H necro sims out better in the long run but it isnt better than MWC when you need it, like on the aoe heavy parts then MWC will rape the H Necro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tndb View Post
    Ofcourse the H necro sims out better in the long run but it isnt better than MWC when you need it, like on the aoe heavy parts then MWC will rape the H Necro
    At the current moment i dont need it for heavy Aoe. We have been dealing with seeds in a different manner, and with the nerfs to the other bosses.. Well lets be honest H Ryo is a big joke so.

how to kill adds as aff? during phase transition
    i have a very hard time slowing before they hit hammer

Aff will get you better overall numbers, but demo helps a lot more on aoe phases and phase 3 if you need the extra DPS.