Thread: england and usa

england and usa

ok ever since i saw v for vendetta i been wondering thisbut what is england opinion on usa are they still upset of usa winning revolutioary war or do thay not care? i was just wonder and i aks here since i dont' know anyoone in uk .

dont think britian cares about that at all. we are war allies after all. wars trump older wars. are you forgetting about WW 1 and 2?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Probably the same as US's opinion on England.

USA and UK are one another's strongest allies. The fact that the UK joined with USA in the invasion of Iraq in the face of international ridicule and lack of public support is pretty strong evidence for that. Also, did you know that the USA and the UK conducted joint nuclear weapon testing for 30 years?

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    the reason for the revolutionary war was in sense the same as the US's civil war.. England wanted the land and tax money.. but the USA say no! we fought.. USA won.. now all is well
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    ok ever since i saw v for vendetta i been wondering thisbut what is england opinion on usa are they still upset of usa winning revolutioary war or do thay not care? i was just wonder and i aks here since i dont' know anyoone in uk .
    Why would anyone, at all, be upset about what happened 200 years ago? o_0

10+ Year Old Account
    if youre thinking that because the pundit character said that, hes spewing forth propaganda. UK and US are very close allies.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    as a people, you'll find the english tend not to give much a shit about the past, the further back you go, the less we care

we'll still make jokes about old stuff, but nope, we don't give a damn

and times change, germany is a major economic power, yet only <100 years ago we were at war with them, things happen, times and events cause changes /shrug

Deleted
    I'd say there's a bit of rivalry, but as a general whole we don't really feel any emnity to americans, and get on well with those who visit. Alongside the internet, we feel more like neighbors than ever before.

Politically, we're very strong allies so you won't see any hate towards america.

Deleted
    More annoyed at you remaking all our good TV programs, and messing them up in the process. Oh and the corporatisation of the global economy which has now gone tits up. But I guess that is more a few individuals from many countries, just most big brands are American.

As for the war? Well GB used to own like most of the world, which has since been given back to the country. I figure we would have given the US away sooner or later anyway.

If I was an American I'd be more upset that you needed the help of the French to win the Revolution.

Actually, if I was American I'd probably completely ignore that detail.

But seriously, we don't care. We kicked the French's ass shortly after, and that's what we're proud of.

LOL What.

You're thinking about the American Revolution like it's the last thing that the US and Britain have done together?

What about WW1 and WW2 where they were allies?

Deleted
    I've lived in both countries. The only people in the UK who care about the American war for independence are the Americans. Trust me when I say this, the U.S. and U.K. are inseparable now as military and economic allies. Folks in the U.K. are incredibly more laid back than Americans and aren't nearly as likely to hold a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why would anyone, at all, be upset about what happened 200 years ago? o_0
    Apparently most black people in the US are still upset about the slavery of their ancestors...

(and no, I'm not being racist, but it's true that thing bring it up often.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to stop this before it turns into a nationalist debacle. These threads tend to go that way.