Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Also this
    How did you even find this? It's adorable. And I don't use 'adorable' often.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveros View Post
    I tried the go screw 5 chicks thing, but it didnt work
    Damn, that was my plan B.

omg dude...you are single now....party on........

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, although the new boyfriend was an old friend, he's not a douchebag, he's very considerate and a good person all around. He's honestly very worried about what I will think of him when I "find out." I don't want to cause people unnecessary grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, is, forget her, find something else to occupy your mind. Like patch 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's been through it man, what you want to do though is:

1) Stop all communication with her, unfriend her on facebook/skype/AIM whatever you use (until your over her) don't talk to her on the phone, don't text her, completely get rid of her from your life. If you don't do this, you'll just see glimpses of her and her new bf, and it will hurt like a bitch.

If you want to, so as to not be rude, tell her before hand what your doing and it's nothing against her, but you just want to work to get over her.

2) Accept your never going to be back with her. Ever.

3) Focus on the bad parts of your relationship, the fighting, her bitching at you, etc

4) Hang out with your friends a lot

5) Find something to blow off steam and vent, for me it was working out.

Don't worry man, after 3-4 months you won't even care about her. But the most important thing you have to know, is you HAVE to cut her out of your life for a while to get over her. Oh and girls always rebound/get into a new relationship quicker, it's just how it is. She's using the dude as a crutch, while your miserable : /

You get one advantage though, in 4 months when you stop caring about her, you'll be a hell of a better person, and she really won't be (;
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2011-10-09 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice (probably wrong but my story) is to find out who he is and without being an asshole, find out about him.

My ex got a new boyfreind and I did this. Turns out his name was Katie. I smiled like an idiot all the way home.

Forget her, it's really none of your business.
    Wish her the best luck and go on.

Quote Originally Posted by MusikDisaster View Post
    So, about a month and a half ago, my girlfriend of 2 and a half years and I broke up. We decided it would be mutual, because although I still loved her, we had been fighting all the time for the two months prior to the breakup. She seemed to take it a lot better than I did, she's flourishing really. Yet I can't seem to get myself back on the ground. She has a lot of guy friends, most of her friends actually are guy friends, and though she tells me that she's not dating any of them it still bothers me. I suppose I'm just jealous or protective.
    But recently she's been going up to orlando (I live in Ft. Lauderdale) a lot to visit some of our old friends and it's become evident to me that she's dating one of our old friends, used to be one of my best friends. Their dating's been confirmed by a friend of mine and she plans to tell me on Tuesday, and I'll probably play it off as if it's completely okay because it doesn't do anybody any good to say it bothers me. Truth is I'm heartbroken and every time I think of her with someone else, hugging, kissing, or god forbid having sex with anyone else I feel not only depressed but angry. I know she'd be in good hands with him at least, but it hurts.
    I've had chances to hook up with people and try new relationships, but it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Anyone know any tips?
    Don't make anything of it, at all. In my experience when 2 people split, the girl almost ALWAYS 'seems' to rebound faster than guys by getting into a new relationship very quickly. The reason behind this is that is how A LOT of females cope with the break up (Whether they'll admit it to themselves or not). It's not necessarily that she's OK with the break up and moving on, it's just how she's dealing with her feelings.

For yourself, you've got 2 options. Fight tooth and nail to get her back, or drop it and move on. The moving on part can be painful and difficult, but surround yourself with friends and constant activities and you'll quickly find yourself no longer caring. Go out and party if that's thing, knowing full well you're single and don't have a GF holding you back from doing whatever you want Enjoy the freedom while it lasts, because it's amazing how much you'll miss the ability to not have to answer to a significant other when it's no longer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

I know how you feel OP. I just broke up with my girlfriend of about a year around the same time...a month and a half ago. She said she needed a break and stuff and she wasnt going to see anyone else. Just found out that for 8 monthes she had been compulsively lying and cheating on me ALOT. So, i'm pretty heart broken over it.

If its any coincidence, I'm in Orlando if you want to have a drink sometime. Cheers brother.

15+ Year Old Account
    How did you even find this? It's adorable. And I don't use 'adorable' often.

Damn, that was my plan B.
    I'm a huge fan of these two. Micucci (the brunette) is just adorable, isn't she?

Sig by Isilrien

So, about a month and a half ago, my girlfriend of 2 and a half years and I broke up. We decided it would be mutual, because although I still loved her, we had been fighting all the time for the two months prior to the breakup. She seemed to take it a lot better than I did, she's flourishing really. Yet I can't seem to get myself back on the ground. She has a lot of guy friends, most of her friends actually are guy friends, and though she tells me that she's not dating any of them it still bothers me. I suppose I'm just jealous or protective.
    But recently she's been going up to orlando (I live in Ft. Lauderdale) a lot to visit some of our old friends and it's become evident to me that she's dating one of our old friends, used to be one of my best friends. Their dating's been confirmed by a friend of mine and she plans to tell me on Tuesday, and I'll probably play it off as if it's completely okay because it doesn't do anybody any good to say it bothers me. Truth is I'm heartbroken and every time I think of her with someone else, hugging, kissing, or god forbid having sex with anyone else I feel not only depressed but angry. I know she'd be in good hands with him at least, but it hurts.
    I've had chances to hook up with people and try new relationships, but it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Anyone know any tips?
    OH BOY. I'v had this same feeling haunt me for a while. The best you could do is deny that anything is happening, you will eventually get over the situation. Find a new girl to talk too.

Deleted
    Snuzzle said it in #7. I've recently broken up with my girlfriend of 3 years, and it's more or less your story all over again. 2 weeks after the break-up, she starts dating a good friend of mine, who didn't have the balls to tell me. Needless to say, he's not a friend of mine anymore. Nor is she. I decided that life is too short to try and make pretend with people that hurt me like they did, so i cut all strings to them. It's pretty hard, as they're studying the same majors as me at the same university, but none the less, I don't speak to them, and told her that i would appreciate if she didn't make contact to me.

I haven't really started dating myself, as Snuzzle said, i've just found myself hanging out with my close friends more, and dedicating my time to football and wow(). Things do get better by time, it just takes a while. So hang in there.

As Baz Luhrmann said it in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI - Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, and don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Everyone's been through it man, what you want to do though is:
    1) Stop all communication with her, unfriend her on facebook/skype/AIM whatever you use (until your over her) don't talk to her on the phone, don't text her, completely get rid of her from your life. If you want to, so as to not be rude, tell her before hand what your doing and it's nothing against her, but you just want to work to get over her.
    This a million times over. I think this is one of the best pieces of advice. I've been through it, I've done it. You may eventually be able to talk to her again, but you have to do in on grounds that involve no romantic attachment. Then again you may not be able to, either way. Separate yourself completely or you're going to keep dwelling and won't get past it for a much longer time. You will probably say "Naw, I'm good. It doesn't matter if I still talk to her." Know that it does. It's going to suck for a while, there is no way around that, but eventually it will work itself out and you'll be able to be done with her.

Also I completely agree with another thing said that is, "Don't rush into a new relationship, or force yourself into one." If the new relationship is going to have any meaning you have to go into it with a clean slate and not a bunch of baggage that will randomly pop up at some point.

All in all, the entire situation is going to completely blow for a while and there is no way around it. But, you'll be fine in time.

Hey you will get over it, d/w :P

Let it go, bro. Play cool!
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

15+ Year Old Account
    Have sex with her dad.

Situation over.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evoco View Post
    This a million times over. I think this is one of the best pieces of advice. I've been through it, I've done it. You may eventually be able to talk to her again, but you have to do in on grounds that involve no romantic attachment. Then again you may not be able to, either way. Separate yourself completely or you're going to keep dwelling and won't get past it for a much longer time. You will probably say "Naw, I'm good. It doesn't matter if I still talk to her." Know that it does. It's going to suck for a while, there is no way around that, but eventually it will work itself out and you'll be able to be done with her.

Also I completely agree with another thing said that is, "Don't rush into a new relationship, or force yourself into one." If the new relationship is going to have any meaning you have to go into it with a clean slate and not a bunch of baggage that will randomly pop up at some point.

All in all, the entire situation is going to completely blow for a while and there is no way around it. But, you'll be fine in time.
    I've honestly considered this. I think I'm about ready to do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I'm a huge fan of these two. Micucci (the brunette) is just adorable, isn't she?
    She isss. They're both cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    Have sex with her dad.

Situation over.
    THE MESSIAH HAS SPOKEN.

Just play it cool and realise that she was an ex, there is a reason behind it. I know how you feel in terms of it, my last relationship I had personally was with a girl that I loved and changed my life for the good of me. At the end, she slept with one of my good friends at the time and now they're in a relationship together. Either play it cool, in terms that you do have a past with her, but if you care enough for her, you'll know that making her happy is the best thing you can do. Or either block all communication from her and move on, either way there is a solid reason why this issue is apparent.

Ask your life problems on a World of Warcraft Post. Get 1 post repeated all the time, rest is just troll. Go to some love-forums where people take it abit more seriously, then just saying "Let it be"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    Ask your life problems on a World of Warcraft Post. Get 1 post repeated all the time, rest is just troll. Go to some love-forums where people take it abit more seriously, then just saying "Let it be"
    I think some of the people here are genuinely concerned, maybe not the guy with the UMAD pic, but a lot of people have offered solid advice.